• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ - Official 5.0 RC1 Build is now online! (Re-Use Autoupdater, Snake bug fixed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
No! Stop now before we get another huge argument about how the peach mains think that they automatically deserve something since it was offered to them!

Really, peach does not need any buffs.
What is the problem here?

It's no stronger then the Nair/Bair.
Giving her another option to KO isn't a game changing problem.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
Because it gives her more opportunities to KO.
Arguing that that wouldn't be a buff doesn't make sense at all, the move currently doesn't have great KB or (IIRC) combo, so making it have BETTER KB makes the move better, which is a buff.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Because it gives her more opportunities to KO.
Arguing that that wouldn't be a buff doesn't make sense at all, the move currently doesn't have great KB or (IIRC) combo, so making it have BETTER KB makes the move better, which is a buff.
I suppose.

But didn't Peach receive very little buffs?
(Last time I checked)

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Well I suppose. IIRC Peach Bomber wasn't the greatest move, but Rob's Peach downsmash is a really good buff.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Is this just less prone to freezing or are there any other changes to it?
It will make it so if you have small CSP textures (the costume icons that show in-battle on the GUI), they'll work now instead of freezing the game.

Finns7

Smash Ace
Its the floatiness after, the speed up would be so he gets from point a to b faster. Sandbag thing doesnt look legit to me though... I understand the strategic reasons but Id still say have 2 diff versions.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
It doesn't.

It contains a fix for a bug in Wii Sports Resort where people would be forced to watch the Motion Plus video again if they launched wiiware/vc from SD since the last time they played Wii Sports Resort.

Nybb

Smash Journeyman
I didn't know where else to post this.

Wii system menu 4.1 came out today.

How does it affect us?
It shouldn't effect you at all if you are already doing Homebrew stuff. You should already be avoiding Nintendo official updates as a rule. The Homebrew guys can pretty much do whatever the official menu updates can do, but often better. And if you really want the update, I'm sure a more homebrew-friendly version will be around soon.

Also, somebody should start an official stage legality discussion. Or at least semi-official. This seems like a good time, with all the stage changes and custom stage-select screen stuff going on.

And now that there is a throw mod, is it possible to give Ganon's up-b a little more knockback? It doesn't need to be a killing move or anything even remotely close to one, just a bit of oomph to maybe actually get people away from him if you manage to grab them with it.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
A few pages back, I kind of got this thread to start talking about stages, and one of the WBRoomers (forgot who, exactly) made a comment similar to yours (with it being a good time due to the SSS, etc.). But the subject somehow changed when people started to complain about certain things/characters needing buffs/nerfs.
But if you want to read that discussion, it starts roughly from HERE!

camelot

Smash Ace
And now that there is a throw mod, is it possible to give Ganon's up-b a little more knockback? It doesn't need to be a killing move or anything even remotely close to one, just a bit of oomph to maybe actually get people away from him if you manage to grab them with it.
I was thinking about this before, and if anything, I would think it needs more damage. 11% is just... bleh.

But whatever, I guess it doesn't really matter much since it's hardly used as an attack.

edit: By the way, what's the difference between the "Smash Apprentice" and "Smash Journeyman" titles? Mine just showed up as Journeyman after making 100 posts.

shanus

Smash Hero
I was thinking about this before, and if anything, I would think it needs more damage. 11% is just... bleh.

But whatever, I guess it doesn't really matter much since it's hardly used as an attack.

edit: By the way, what's the difference between the "Smash Apprentice" and "Smash Journeyman" titles? Mine just showed up as Journeyman after making 100 posts.
We are also going to the fix the lack of hitstun on that move too :p

D

Deleted member

Can we give Ike's side-b a cancel?

It would be a great but subtle buff to be able to stop charging side-b altogether. Don't change the damage, range, or knockback.. just give people the fake out.

Think Killer Instinct and fake fireballs.

Alphatron

Smash Champion

It would be a great but subtle buff to be able to stop charging side-b altogether. Don't change the damage, range, or knockback.. just give people the fake out.

You mean charging it and then not doing the move? That was suggested for Jigglypuff's rollout earlier and was turned down. I'd assume the same reasons for that would apply to Ike as well.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
You mean charging it and then not doing the move? That was suggested for Jigglypuff's rollout earlier and was turned down. I'd assume the same reasons for that would apply to Ike as well.
jigglypuff's was turned down because it was argued that it didn't help her at all because she lacked a ground game. ike has a ground game and thus it could possibly be more useful to him than jiggs.

Nybb

Smash Journeyman
A few pages back, I kind of got this thread to start talking about stages, and one of the WBRoomers (forgot who, exactly) made a comment similar to yours (with it being a good time due to the SSS, etc.). But the subject somehow changed when people started to complain about certain things/characters needing buffs/nerfs.
But if you want to read that discussion, it starts roughly from HERE!
Actually yeah, I follow this thread pretty closely, and I saw that when it happened. I was trying to politely bring the topic back up again since this thread started going on about other things. Stages need to be discussed but I don't think this thread would be the best place for it.

shanus said:
We are also going to the fix the lack of hitstun on that move too :p
Good to hear. As long as people don't just end up right beside you in a neutral state even if you manage to successfully mindgame them into getting grabbed by up-B while you are recovering.

Jimbo_G

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0920-1016-4491

I don't think that's a fair idea. Being able to outright cancel the move after committing to charge it completely removes any sort of risk involved. That's the same things as Falcon being able to cancel a Falcon Punch. It's completely unfair to commit to that kind of move only to cancel it if the situation isn't in your favor.

GuruKid

Smash Ace
Actually yeah, I follow this thread pretty closely, and I saw that when it happened. I was trying to politely bring the topic back up again since this thread started going on about other things. Stages need to be discussed but I don't think this thread would be the best place for it.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe coders can currently tweak specific hazards and other nuances that currently force stages to be banned. Once a method is created, however, I'm sure a proper discussion on stage legality will be rightly called for (and swarmed with activity).

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Thats exactly why we have yet to fix Port town. D:

And settle on an official stage list. .__.

The lack of an official stage list is ****** tourneys.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Just a note on the new File Patch code (v3.5):

When I use v3.5, whenever I try to load brawl from gecko OS, it either: a)Says Exception (DSI) occured! and a bunch of code lines, or b)loads the game, but freezes as soon as I get into a battle.

However, File Patch Code v 3.2a works perfectly fine.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Ok a couple complaints. Well not really complaints as i dont main these chars so im not sure if my opinion is the best but here it goes anyway

I played a zelda and ness player today. A couple things i noticed. Zelda's up B is just TOO SAFE. There were times where i would correctly guess where would land after using up b and i still couldn't punish. There should be lag after this move. Not as much as vbrawl but to make it this safe is crazy.

Also ness. I never played ness a day in my life but i have a fairly good ness in my crew so i know the matchup. I don't know the name of ness's green thingy lol but this is the move i am talking about. I have never gotten hit by this move in over year however i got hit by it like 10 times today. Now don't get me wrong im not complaining that im getting hit by the move. I won most of the matches anyway. But from my opnion enlarging the hitbox on that move is crazy. The actual attack was fairly strong in vbrawl. Its just that it came out way to slow. Now i am all for speeding the attack up. But to raise the hitbox on it is crazy. There were times where i seen it coming and tried to block it then attack. However the shieldstun is so crazy on that attack that ness can follow up with anything he likes.

Like i said i don't play either one of these chars so maybe im just looking at this the wrong way but this is just what i felt like after playing a couple matches.

Yingyay

Smash Ace
Ok a couple complaints. Well not really complaints as i dont main these chars so im not sure if my opinion is the best but here it goes anyway

I played a zelda and ness player today. A couple things i noticed. Zelda's up B is just TOO SAFE. There were times where i would correctly guess where would land after using up b and i still couldn't punish. There should be lag after this move. Not as much as vbrawl but to make it this safe is crazy.

Also ness. I never played ness a day in my life but i have a fairly good ness in my crew so i know the matchup. I don't know the name of ness's green thingy lol but this is the move i am talking about. I have never gotten hit by this move in over year however i got hit by it like 10 times today. Now don't get me wrong im not complaining that im getting hit by the move. I won most of the matches anyway. But from my opnion enlarging the hitbox on that move is crazy. The actual attack was fairly strong in vbrawl. Its just that it came out way to slow. Now i am all for speeding the attack up. But to raise the hitbox on it is crazy. There were times where i seen it coming and tried to block it then attack. However the shieldstun is so crazy on that attack that ness can follow up with anything he likes.

Like i said i don't play either one of these chars so maybe im just looking at this the wrong way but this is just what i felt like after playing a couple matches.
1) Zelda's upB is not safe at all.
2) PK flash? r u serious? You ate one on purpose? You can spit on Ness and the whole attack will stop. Its too strong of an attack to block and expect to be safe ya know?

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Zelda's UpB isn't safe at all. Her recovery is still pretty bad even with the Din's Fire glide.

D

Deleted member

K so I just talked to my Ike main friends - they all think giving Ike a side-b cancel would be glorious if not liberating.

WBR, let's try it out for one build?

Rudra

Smash Ace
K so I just talked to my Ike main friends - they all think giving Ike a side-b cancel would be glorious if not liberating.

WBR, let's try it out for one build?
Imo, if he is to get something like that, he'd need some form of lag for canceling it to balance it out.

PKNintendo

Smash Master

The new PK Flash is perfect now. Sakurai had no idea how to properly make it.
If you won most of the matches whats the problem?

Eventually you'll get used to the hitbox size. I mean, it can only nail you if your recovering.
And with Peach's Recovery (assuming you used her) is way to easy to dodge it. (float)

D

Deleted member

Tell me how we're supposed to implement any form of cancel using the tools we have right now and I might listen to you.
Could you not shield it? It may look a little silly at first but IIRC this is possible...no?

D

Deleted member

Yeah. Being able to cancel his side-b (before he flies off) would totally help Ike without actually upping his damage, knockback, recovery, range, etc.

GameSystem

Smash Journeyman
They won't put it in for the same reason they won't put in smash charge canceling. You committed to the move and now you want to change your mind because you might be put in danger? "Mindgames" is a terrible excuse for it. I hope they don't agree to it.

_clinton

Smash Master
They won't put it in for the same reason they won't put in smash charge canceling. You committed to the move and now you want to change your mind because you might be put in danger? "Mindgames" is a terrible excuse for it. I hope they don't agree to it.
Sonic's side special can auto cancel for "mindgames" as well actually...

Roxas215

Smash Lord
1) Zelda's upB is not safe at all.
2) PK flash? r u serious? You ate one on purpose? You can spit on Ness and the whole attack will stop. Its too strong of an attack to block and expect to be safe ya know?
Thats what i thought. I know thats how it works in vbrawl. I grabbed ness once he started dong pk flash and while he was in my grab i still got hit by it. The attack didn't go away once i grabbed him.

Idk the move is just extremely weird to me now. I took one on purpose(Well blocked) cause he kept pillaring it.

As far as zelda's up b how is it not safe? There is no lag at all from the landing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom