• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Is Serious Business 2, Featuring Blazblue! - October 16 & 17 - Montreal, Quebec

ThatGuy

Smash Master
I dont recall playing for years and years on the stage. Also yes, i do believe that there is a slight chance that we may have done a mistake in banning it, is it that hard to believe. Montreal isnt exactly known for researching stuff on in games mechanics to improve, so yes, il assume theres a possibility we did a mistake in banning it. Wouldn't be the first time montreal is wrong about stuff, wouldn't be the last time either.

And lol, inui logic? Seriously, overall the guys bright enough >.>
What the ****.

1) I said, and I quote, a year and a half. That's still a pretty long time!

2) Besides FFYF2, every Montreal tournament has had Pictochat legal.

3) Look at that picture, it's a laughable stage.

kr3wman

Smash Master
12 hours to filter through all the other threads where people make fun of him.

Dominic

Smash Apprentice
Bento, I do watch the timer for klaptraps ^^ And I don't get hit away for it, either.

One eye on the opponent, another on the timer.
hehe come on.

No but Fizzi, as for your question. I think PC is decent for snake, for obvious camping oportunity.

Also I would even think about picking it against beter player then me. But not against worst player. As you said its also for the "I hope my oponent gets gayed by the stage aspect".

Also my first win against Holy was on that stage :)

Personaly I don't understand why anyone would want such a random stage to be legal. But having Pictochat on will likely not affect the result of the tournement at all. And it might even make a few people happy

I have yet to see a top top player Counter pick picto chat

swordgard

Smash Hero
hehe come on.

No but Fizzi, as for your question. I think PC is decent for snake, for obvious camping oportunity.

Also I would even think about picking it against beter player then me. But not against worst player. As you said its also for the "I hope my oponent gets gayed by the stage aspect".

Personaly I don't understand why anyone would want such a random stage to be legal. But having Pictochat on will likely not affect the result of the tournement at all. And it might even make a few people happy

ADHD vs ally.

ADHD won.

But it wasnt due to pictochat. Ally randomly c4ed offstage >.<

Either way, i think im going to have to ban this for stalling reason. If someone knows what to do with metaknight/rob on that stage, he can stall so easily due to a couple of drawins involving a "safe spot" inside them, including the missiles if your one of rob/metaknight(fly above to the opposite side, opponent has to wait for it to end). Il test some more, but this definitely looks very stallable.

EDIT: Nobody has a problem with pirate ship?!??! I am completely surprised, even more than i left it there lol. Pirate ship has killing hazards all over the place which can influence the outcome of a match 10x more then pictochat lol.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Lunsford is going to be there, also reconfirmed a couple of people. I m still waiting on kingace though >.<.

I personally think hes scared of ally showing up : P

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
Pirate ship is worse than the other 3 so I didn't even think discussion was necessary :p

.decoy

Smash Ace
Facts:
8 minutes=480 seconds
6/27 transformations have damaging properties(such as seen on the drawing too).
A transformation occurs every 13 and 1/3 second.
Any transformation which occurs cannot occur until the loop finishes(which means all other drawings).
This means, the 27 first transformations will occur, taking 360 seconds, with 6 damaging transformations.
120 seconds left=9 more transformation.
6/27*9 = 2 more transformation on average being dangerous
6+2=8
Halberds average=9
i think its more about the fact that there is a chance that some transformations are damaging while some are not. as opposed to the fact there are less than there are on an accepted stage (halberd). given that you can never know which one it will be, you would have to effectively "reset" gameplay every 13.3 seconds. as chet said you have to get out of the air every transformation. id est you are mk chasing snake in the air, waiting to bait an airdodge. timer is up, you must return to the ground. that has nothing to do with your skill or his - timing merely made you give up a spacing advantage, somethign integral to every matchup.

i think thats where the hazards, while not random, detract from the gameplay. again, its not about the fact that there are less than there are on halberd, but that you cannot predict which kind they will be, and therefore must play like they are all damaging until proven otherwise.

i haven't played there in a long time though, so maybe its not as bad as i think...but im pretty sure we dont go there for a reason.

also i think the arguments for pirate sh*t are out there and i don't need to say anything other than -1.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
I am a living, walking, argument for -1 :D Ottawa can tell you that.

Also, the transformations are drawn for 1 second before they actually affect the stage.

vrud

Smash Apprentice
Hey joel, is greens greens gonna be legal for melee? as a CP of course.

cemo

white walker
Guys how about Corneria? (:
I like that stage.

I think we need more GaW friendly stages.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I'll admit, I may not play Melee much (I didn't actually own it until after Brawl), but I say make Green Greens legal for Melee just to see if divinokage like, turns into like Le Hulke de Incroyable. And yes, my French is beyond horrid. I know. :laugh:

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
to me (and nI think chet) the random parts where you end up just camping in the center of the map is a hazard which distracts from "real" gameplay...
Not really; we've had a year and a half to play on the **** stage already.
I dont recall playing for years and years on the stage. Also yes, i do believe that there is a slight chance that we may have done a mistake in banning it, is it that hard to believe. Montreal isnt exactly known for researching stuff on in games mechanics to improve, so yes, il assume theres a possibility we did a mistake in banning it. Wouldn't be the first time montreal is wrong about stuff, wouldn't be the last time either.
Omg, thanks for spitting in the pro meleers's face. I dare you to find something pkm doesn't know about melee. And I think that you like to believe that you are superiors than others because of all the research you do, if you think so fine but don't be condescending about it.

lol, every line is awesome. i'd seriously ban the stage.
EDIT: Nobody has a problem with pirate ship?!??! I am completely surprised, even more than i left it there lol. Pirate ship has killing hazards all over the place which can influence the outcome of a match 10x more then pictochat lol.
Canonballs kill at retardingly low %, and water is all over the place >.<.Even the change of physics part isnt all that great.
Pirate ship is worse than the other 3 so I didn't even think discussion was necessary :p
Thanks fizzi. truth shall be told.
i think its more about the fact that there is a chance that some transformations are damaging while some are not. as opposed to the fact there are less than there are on an accepted stage (halberd). given that you can never know which one it will be, you would have to effectively "reset" gameplay every 13.3 seconds. as chet said you have to get out of the air every transformation. id est you are mk chasing snake in the air, waiting to bait an airdodge. timer is up, you must return to the ground. that has nothing to do with your skill or his - timing merely made you give up a spacing advantage, somethign integral to every matchup.

i think thats where the hazards, while not random, detract from the gameplay. again, its not about the fact that there are less than there are on halberd, but that you cannot predict which kind they will be, and therefore must play like they are all damaging until proven otherwise.

i haven't played there in a long time though, so maybe its not as bad as i think...but im pretty sure we dont go there for a reason.

also i think the arguments for pirate sh*t are out there and i don't need to say anything other than -1.
This is some sbr understanding right there.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Everybody seems like so much more of a troll online D:

I guess it's just the grammar.

I'll come regardless of the stage list, of course. Just at least making an effort to liberate.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Omg, thanks for spitting in the pro meleers's face. I dare you to find something pkm doesn't know about melee. And I think that you like to believe that you are superiors than others because of all the research you do, if you think so fine but don't be condescending about it.

lol, every line is awesome. i'd seriously ban the stage.

Thanks fizzi. truth shall be told.
This is some sbr understanding right there.
My aplogies, i meant brawl montreal players. That was indeed not fair about melee people who i dont know much about tbh. BTW, pirate ship and pictochat are now officially banned. Il update OP during some school class today i guess(g2g right now :S).

EDIT: Things left to post for me: Official list of TOs, venue rules and low tier list for brawl.
Also, just saying, i dont think im superior cause i may have made some research or w/e, but being unable to accept that there is the slight possibility that we banned the stage pre emptively(SP) is not really the best method when it comes to debating, if joel was really sure that it is bannable, he should let us try to play on it and we should reach the same conclusions.

Double edit: Some modifications to payout due to venue fee, brawl + rules are there, blazblue rules are there, final low tier list is there. As for pirate ship, it was just a small mistake XD, i was just wondering why nobody noticed.

Iliad

Smash Lord
Still working on that ride. Why is it friday though? Out of curiosity? That kind of ****s me for getting there before saturday, as I have classes from 10am-3pm on friday.

.decoy

Smash Ace
Still working on that ride. Why is it friday though? Out of curiosity? That kind of ****s me for getting there before saturday, as I have classes from 10am-3pm on friday.
jon i'm driving raynex and tinman

one more spot in the car if you make it to kingston at like . before 2 on friday . its $20 in gas. but thats probably cheaper than getting all the way to mtl. lemme know.

Top Bottom