• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Is Serious Business 2, Featuring Blazblue! - October 16 & 17 - Montreal, Quebec

kr3wman

Smash Master
Montreal loves Pictochat, so don't be surprised if it ends up in counterpicks.

=)

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Yaaaaaaaaay PictoChat <3

I'm so glad I don't live in New Jersey, hahahaha.

What a bunch of scrubs there, banning PictoChat and throwing out accusations that I would even hesitate to throw at WarioWare.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Montreal loves Pictochat, so don't be surprised if it ends up in counterpicks.

=)
Whut?

Im going to talk with some people about pictochat, cant garantee anything yet.

Coming up this week: Venue rules, and low tier list!

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
*pictochat stuff*

*is reminded of the weeklies where i lost to mar1 because of picto****

ish. seriously. i don't understand brawl, why is that stage legal. the level impedes fighting most of the time.

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
You know what, you convinced me.

I'm having a melee tournament, but Big Blue is on random. I think the stage is very fair - once - you - take - the - time - to - durrhurrrr. Come on, I don't think I've played a game where I wasn't screwed over by random crap on PC, it's not like you can predict when a spike is just gonna spawn in your face when you're going to ATTEMPT to air chase someone, UNLESS there's a pattern and no one told me about it. The patterns suck anyway, you have these random shapes that just allow people to camp in the middle of some bs tree or force someone to get at them through the air because of some bs fireball windgust crap. Meh whatever, I'm still gonna play probably, but ya, my opinion. Make the game smart competitive at least.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Just remember that a super-conservative stage list is highly favourable for the top tiers, thusly nothing can truly be starter.

But being random doesnt mean it balances out the tier list, thats not the point of stages. In melee we had different stages though, they were either clearly imbalanced(very polarized towards jiggs/peach or fox/marth in most cases), while in brawl alot of stages have semi-random elements. The point is, do these elements distract too much from fighting. Halberd for example, does not. On the other hand, in melee big blue is horrible due to hitstun. This is why i gotta test pictochat. Also, im pretty sure your statement falls as soon as I bring metaknight in or Dedede, as many counterpicks would be even more favorable to these 2.

Also, yes, there is some kind of pattern chester, and there are some safe zones.

Agora

Smash Journeyman
I'm kinda against Pictochat as well. Tring to recover from below on the left side with a character that doesn't have a really good recovery and having the large diagonal bar appear, preventing you from grabbing the ledge, is pretty ghey.

Add to that the two sections with spikes, the pirahna plant and the rollercoaster, and that's a bit too many hard-to-predict potentially killing elements for a legal stage, if you ask me.

DarkISDA

Smash Lord
I'm kinda against Pictochat as well. Tring to recover from below on the left side with a character that doesn't have a really good recovery and having the large diagonal bar appear, preventing you from grabbing the ledge, is pretty ghey.

Add to that the two sections with spikes, the pirahna plant and the rollercoaster, and that's a bit too many hard-to-predict potentially killing elements for a legal stage, if you ask me.
QFT.

Ban PictoChat.

KingKong_ad

Smash Ace
The changes in picotchat happened every 13 seconds, also there is a safe place in the left side of the stage. If you stay there when the stage changes you will never be hurt by this one. Each time the stage changes you must take advantage of the situation. If you take time to learn it, its not so bad. I dont like this stage though but I still think its a good cp.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Haters.

Allow Green Greens too if you're going to allow Japes (not that I mind).

Greens greens is like camping 101 stage. No way lol.And bombs spawning as you get sent flying is bad, you can get spiked off them too when they appear. Norfair is banned for obvious stalling issues.

The question isnt about what people in general want, its about whether it is competitively acceptable to have it or not. Kingkong made a valid point, everything is timed, no drawing appears more than twice in a match either(480 seconds for 8 minutes match, each drawing can only happen once and then has to wait till all 27 others are done to reappear, a total of 36 drawings over 8 minutes). That, and there is a large enough safe zone on the left part of the stage.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
I take the time to study, learn, and adapt to a plethora of stages, so I feel cut out when a restricted stage list is put up :/

And by that, I mean to the point where these "random" hazards don't hurt me because I can predict them. To the point where it seems random luck is against you because I'm actually positioning you into the hazards.

BentoBox

Smash Master
Greens greens is like camping 101 stage. No way lol.And bombs spawning as you get sent flying is bad, you can get spiked off them too when they appear. Norfair is banned for obvious stalling issues.
If you can camp on green greens, what prevents you from camping on Jungle Japes? It's even stronger of a CP for the likes of Falco. As for the bombs, the very same argument can be made for early Klap Traps gimps (and nobody really cares about the fact they spawn every 10~15 secs). If all you have to do to avoid the klaps is avoid the water altogether, then simply avoid getting hit into the blocks or trying to recover underneath them ;].

Or you could just remove JJ from the CP list.

I personally love both stages (and picto <3)

swordgard

Smash Hero
If you can camp on green greens, what prevents you from camping on Jungle Japes? It's even stronger of a CP for the likes of Falco. As for the bombs, the very same argument can be made for early Klap Traps gimps (and nobody really cares about the fact they spawn every 10~15 secs). If all you have to do to avoid the klaps is avoid the water altogether, then simply avoid getting hit into the blocks or trying to recover underneath them ;].

Or you could just remove JJ from the CP list.

I personally love both stages (and picto <3)

They do spawn exactly at the same time no matter what, they therefore can be predicted. Bombs and the blocks cannot. Also, camping on greens greens involves soft planking(planking whenever blocks arent there to protect you). On japes, you can't plank in most cases. Falco having one strong CP isnt all that much of a problem since it is far from being a free win for him there.

Top Bottom