• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl- 2.1.1 Legacy thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
But does the game not need a rebalance with every patch?

Plus increasing the ability to DI would only help the game out, as you would have more leniency to add more kinds of "broken" combos that would otherwise be too good for the game even with perfect DI.

More hitstun comes to mind as well, but that might work against the whole premise, as the combos then suddenly become too broken for the game again. Perhaps a slight increase of hitstun, but a larger increase of DI...? That alone could open the route to a whole new road of buffing tweaks for all characters.

Xyless

Smash Master
I pushed for increased SDI/DI for a while. I still think it would make the project at least more goofy looking (like MK's old uair on every character).

Slashy

Smash Lord
I think NADT is more meaningful than increasing hitstun.

I thought this was the final release, outside of the patch why are we still trying to fix it?

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I like Brawl Minus.

You never know what to expect from the next release.

A dynamic game, constantly undergoing changes.

I really like that.

Anyways, I used to in past versions buffer a wizkick or Gerudo out of Warlock Punch. I find myself just firing Gandouken instead now. Am I just doing it wrong, or is this no longer possible?

J00sh

Smash Cadet
Umm... has anyone else noticed how broken mario's d-throw is?

It can infinitely chaingrab many of the heavy weights (tested: Ike, Bowser, Ganon, Donkey Kong Deedeedee)

This is with me on one controller and my bro on the other mashing and carefully timing R (trying to tech) or jump.

Test it yourself, d-throw, then while they're in the air, grab them again. It's ridiculously simple.

Also, I've noticed my game often freezes when Mario uses his down-B. Any clue why this might be happening? Doesn't freeze in vBrawl, BBrawl or P:M

Other than that love Brawl - 2.0. :D Mario is defs my favourite character this build.

P.S. The CSS is friggen awesome. Xyless, you're amazing.

Mera Mera

Smash Journeyman
I support the idea of DI having greater influence... it makes the metagame more interesting (unless said DI mean that people would consistently get away from a combo without any threat of a different combo assuming they were predicted and/or the person reacted and improvised a new follow-up in time). I always thought that the strong (compared to other fighters) influence of DI in smash was a good part of the reason for why I love the game... since it leads to so much more improvisation. More DI plus maybe slightly more hitstun (or maybe slightly greater air speed / running/walking speed for characters who have trouble comboing when the DI is changed) would certainly make Brawl- and even more interesting game.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Mario's DThrow isn't a CG... I can escape it with DI. It's no more an infinite than Ganon's CG in Melee. It is stupidly good, but it's more a Melee sort of CG.

Then again, maybe it's just being messed up. It should be tried on frame advance.

Hunch

Smash Rookie
So... I hate to report this because I love the character and concept, but I found a stalling abuse with Yoshi. Jump, dair, rapidly press A, rinse and repeat from step 2, proceed to live forever.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Yeah, that is known already. You can do the same with Ike's up air. You have to have very fast tapping though, so it isn't that much of a bother. I doubt that the rising will be "fixed" in the patch.

Hunch

Smash Rookie
It's much easier to do with Yoshi than with Ike though. At regular speed Ike can usually only get one big lift, and that's coming off of a jump or double jump. Pretty much as long as Yoshi isn't fastfalling he can do it. I guess time will tell if it will ever develop into a real issue.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Yes, but they don't know to tap A multiple times unless they did that in vBrawl. They only try to do things like shield cancel a move that didn't have a SC before because they are trying to defend themselves.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
They definitely just mash a direction and a button when trying to attack.
When a Yoshi CPU dAirstalls, it's just trying to dAir over and over within 10 frames.

Hunch

Smash Rookie
I make no claims to being any sort of amazing button masher and I can do it with minimal difficulty, to the point where if I want to come down any time soon I have to Yoshi Bomb to speed up the descent.

theEffinBear

Smash Apprentice
I make no claims to being any sort of amazing button masher and I can do it with minimal difficulty, to the point where if I want to come down any time soon I have to Yoshi Bomb to speed up the descent.
In Minus 2.0, Yoshi's d-air lasts 26 frames. Yoshi's gravity is (-)0.0837, meaning he gets 26*-0.0837 = -4.7709 vertical velocity over the course of his d-air. From frame 4 through 13 (inclusive) of the d-air, each time you press the A button, Yoshi gets +0.6 vertical momentum. From frame 14 through 23 (inclusive), each press of the A button gives Yoshi +1.0 vertical momentum. With frame-perfect timing, you can press the A button every other frame for those 20 frames, giving you (0.6*5 + 1.0*5) = +8.0 vertical momentum, which handily beats gravity's -4.7709; if you mash A just 6 times over those 20 frames and do it evenly, you'll get (0.6*3 + 1.0*3) = +4.8, which allows indefinite stalling.

(Ike's u-air is similar, but lasts for 57 frames with maximum vertical boost of +11.0, and can beat his gravity with 5 button presses.)

And happily, the patch actually WILL fix both Yoshi's and Ike's boosts so that they don't beat gravity! (I know because I've just committed those fixes.)

/RtEB

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Played this yesterday and had tonnes of fun with it, Peach is such an awesome character in this :D. Her down-b change is cool, also what items can she pull now, and what is chance that she'll pull them?

Anyway suggestion for Charizard (if you're still taking suggestions), give his tail flame a hitbox and make it grow as his percentage increases.

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
omg sonic is so much more fun, even killing power is alittle lowered...he still awesome :p

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Reporting a glitch with DK. Pulling out a barrel in a certain situation causes him to freeze until hit. I've attached a link where you can DL the replay cause I have no recording device.

http://www.mediafire.com/?q8djix069smfz31

Kind of weird. Haven't figured out what it was yet. Happens just before the 6 min mark.

Edit: if needed I will provide my whole SD card.

Also:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPY5hseG9kU

More Gameplay and shameless self advertisement
What do you mean you won't play like swordplay and will play like cap. use the gayerang.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
The gayerang is hilarious.

Except when reflected.

Suddenly you go OH ****.

And then lose a stock.

Stupid Wolf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom