• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Boost Walking

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Don't Smashes work as aerials as well...

Barely cool, but this is just doop walking.
uhh.. yes

Well.. it is a better movement system for the characters I have listed.
Here are the benefits of Poost Walking:

#1 With some characters it is faster than their dash (like Sheik's).
#2 It can be canceled at any time.
#3 It is quick to perform and provides movement at a good speed.
#4 You can attack while sliding with some moves.
The only let down is nothing.

Here are the benefits of doop walking:

#1 It allows Marth, Link and maybe a few others to space well.
It is semi hard to perform, you don't move fast at all, you don't slide very far, you rish a dash dance and dashing into a foe and it is easily punished.
Nice find dude! Btw, I'm almost complete with the compilation.
I found this by basing an idea off of what you told me (the Wolf thing).

TheMike

Smash Lord
Nice find saviorslegacy, it seems useful, i'll try to test it later and if i get some new results, i'll post here ^^
Unfortunately, not so useful with ROB =[

saviorslegacy

Nice find saviorslegacy, it seems useful, i'll try to test it later and if i get some new results, i'll post here ^^
Unfortunately, not so useful with ROB =[
It is useful for every character since it provides movement. just replace your in close spacing with this.
Only characters with really big boosts should be using this as a replacement ground movement method (except for like Sonic).

ps Marth has the longest boost but I think Fox is the fastest. It looks like the devil is on his tail. <,<

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Is Wario's any good at all? I mean, I'm mostly airborne anyway, but anything that allows mindgames is fine by me.

Also, you give lame names to things, but at least you finally found something useful after all your searching XD

saviorslegacy

Is Wario's any good at all? I mean, I'm mostly airborne anyway, but anything that allows mindgames is fine by me.

Also, you give lame names to things, but at least you finally found something useful after all your searching XD
Not really, it is below average but IMO every character's is useful. The smallest slide is like the size of Melee Sheiks wave dash. The fastest slide is maybe second to Sonic's running speed (maybe even) and the largest slide is.... awesome. Way larger than Melee Luigi's wave dash.

Poost= typo.. but I'm going with that until someone suggests a better name.
We can't call it "BPW" (Boost Pivot Walking). Anything with "W" sounds horrible, and it has to be a "W" cuz it isn't a Dash, it is a Walk.

:EDIT:
Wave Walking lol

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
but I'm going with that until someone suggests a better name.
Pet Monster Shotglass
Litermeter
Rest EZ
Loop Exec
Nidocin
Beautiful Accidents
Paper Crane Gang
Beginners Falafel
Orbit 405
GNG BNG
Tea Leaf Dancers
Dance Floor Stalker
$tunt$
Herculean
The Swagga
Mujer Hermosa
Bibo no Azorora
Rabbit Hop
Gibbous
Romceasca
Jhaptal
Strut Hear
Madvillainy
Figaro
Supervillain
A.M.B. (America's Most Blunted)
Engwish Bwudd
Spider Cider
Van Helsing Boombox
Potholderz
Fig Leaf Bi-Carbonate
Rapp Snitch Knishes
Kookies
O Mi To Fu
Warraw
Dreamers Dance
Copying Soup Onto Sexy Birdy
Tosca
Celebrate the Body Electric (It Came From an Angel)
Beg Waves
G Shock
Small Wevs
Pillow Talk
Mirando
The Over Under
Middleclass Stomp
Myrrhman
Ghetto Body Buddy
Detrimentalist
Koonut-Kaliffee
Blood On The Rope
Amaurophilia
Hajnal
Rossz Csillag Alatt Született
Fluff Master
Les retrouvailles

saviorslegacy

Marth looks lulz as usual.

How terrible is Ike's "poost walking"? >_>
IMO, I think it works well with his jab.
Pet Monster Shotglass
Litermeter
Rest EZ
Loop Exec
Nidocin
Beautiful Accidents
Paper Crane Gang
Beginners Falafel
Orbit 405
GNG BNG
Tea Leaf Dancers
Dance Floor Stalker
$tunt$
Herculean
The Swagga
Mujer Hermosa
Bibo no Azorora
Rabbit Hop
Gibbous
Romceasca
Jhaptal
Strut Hear
Madvillainy
Figaro
Supervillain
A.M.B. (America's Most Blunted)
Engwish Bwudd
Spider Cider
Van Helsing Boombox
Potholderz
Fig Leaf Bi-Carbonate
Rapp Snitch Knishes
Kookies
O Mi To Fu
Warraw
Dreamers Dance
Copying Soup Onto Sexy Birdy
Tosca
Celebrate the Body Electric (It Came From an Angel)
Beg Waves
G Shock
Small Wevs
Pillow Talk
Mirando
The Over Under
Middleclass Stomp
Myrrhman
Ghetto Body Buddy
Detrimentalist
Koonut-Kaliffee
Blood On The Rope
Amaurophilia
Hajnal
Rossz Csillag Alatt Született
Fluff Master
Les retrouvailles
Wow, you were bored weren't you?

saviorslegacy

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
Hmm. I actually tried out the "standard controls" one, and I can see some use for this approach. I really think I just use it to mess with people, but it's nice to know...

I don't really have a problem with using my index finger to hit face buttons, I DACUS that way. Maybe I'm just flexible, I dunno.

fZk

Smash Lord
I found the original thread created when this was discovered back in November 2008.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=207154

You just discovered the worst possible way of doing it. That configuration is terrible, the grab button doesn't only grab, what about zairs and z-catching. Also this is not as big as you think it is, you have a history of over-hyping things, but apparently not everybody knew this, so it's good to get it out there again.

Prawn

Smash Master
I found the original thread created when this was discovered back in November 2008.

You just discovered the worst possible way of doing it. That configuration is terrible, the grab button doesn't only grab, what about zairs and z-catching. Also this is not as big as you think it is, you have a history of over-hyping things, but apparently not everybody knew this, so it's good to get it out there again.
This.

I've seen this several times already this isn't new >_<

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
This is an improved version of this, if I'm not mistaken. A faster version with more slide.

Despite my copy some of thoese names would be great for this tech

Tea Leaf Dancers
Dance Floor Stalker
$tunt$

Prawn

Smash Master
#3 With default controls just hold A + hold analog in a direction + hit upper right/left with the c-stick in reverse direction
This is the EXACT same thing as what has been discovered already,

except when it was discovered people set their r or l button to attack to do it more efficiently

Sasha

Smash Journeyman
Classy new tech. And I'm pretty sure this is new. Other pivot walking was slower.

Also, Marth's manliness just rose a notch.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Uhh all you have to do is watch the video to see how different the two techniques are.
Okay...

#3 With default controls just hold A + hold analog in a direction + hit upper right/left with the c-stick in reverse direction
If you hold A (or any other attack button, if any) , walk and push the c-stick in a 45 degree back-up direction (requires C-stick set to smash), your character will spin 360 degrees, while still maintaining his forward velocity, and if you do this in the right pace your character will be continously spinning.
Uh-huh...

Where's the difference again?
Seriously, it's the same thing.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Yeah...this is the exact same. Marth goes just as fast with the other way, but yeah...Doop walking
Learn to pivot walk instead. It's useful while this just won't work.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
This is cool, I can See Ice climbers benefiting from this a lot. And Meta Knight also >.> Marth and Diddy and Falco have more potentioal as well. I wonder how it will affect the mid/lowtiers.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
I have R set to attack as well which makes this simple, but I'm wondering how savior was doing the tech without attacking in the first place... it must just be really tight timing inbetween holding attack and pressing c stick

saviorslegacy

I don't like having to **** my control scheme just for this. Unless it turns out to be game-changing I think I'll avoid it.
Not terribly...

I found this by exploring controller scheme glitches.

Read above.
This is an improved version of this, if I'm not mistaken. A faster version with more slide.

Despite my copy some of thoese names would be great for this tech

Tea Leaf Dancers
Dance Floor Stalker
$tunt$
Maybe, I'm not claiming it is better since I am afraid of the flame. <,<

I know it is very useful and I am going to learn it. If push comes to shove I'll be the first person to use it effectively in a match (hopefully even a tournament).
This is the EXACT same thing as what has been discovered already,

except when it was discovered people set their r or l button to attack to do it more efficiently
I main Sheik so a naturally have L as attack. lol
I'm having trouble not attacking first while trying to hold a, is this just a timing issue?
Timing is a BIG issue with this.
This is cool, I can See Ice climbers benefiting from this a lot. And Meta Knight also >.> Marth and Diddy and Falco have more potentioal as well. I wonder how it will affect the mid/lowtiers.
Meh.. MK's is alright.
I hope to have a final video out tonight showing every Boost length of each character and the applications that this has.

:EDIT:
I have R set to attack as well which makes this simple, but I'm wondering how savior was doing the tech without attacking in the first place... it must just be really tight timing inbetween holding attack and pressing c stick
K, you a really confused.
The idea is to be holding attack. That way you perform a pivot instead of an attack.
Holding attack= canceling all attack inputs

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
K, you a really confused.
The idea is to be holding attack. That way you perform a pivot instead of an attack.
Holding attack= canceling all attack inputs
Not really, if you have to hold the button down, you have to press it in the first place, which will make you do an attack, whether it be an ftilt or a jab or w/e. I'm just looking for how to avoid that initial attack when you are pushing down the a button (or R or w/e you have set) to get it held down in the first place.

clowsui

Smash Legend
could someone test the speed of boost pivot walks relative to mach tornado?

if people could consistently do this with marth falco and (probably) sheik this would help those matchup a lot, seeing as marth beats nado with fsmash i think, falco could bpw away laser if the tornado started near him and he was out of shield and sheik could just throw out the chain or something

saviorslegacy

could someone test the speed of boost pivot walks relative to mach tornado?

if people could consistently do this with marth falco and (probably) sheik this would help those matchup a lot, seeing as marth beats nado with fsmash i think, falco could bpw away laser if the tornado started near him and he was out of shield and sheik could just throw out the chain or something
-_- well at least you're paying attention to it.

This tech isn't hard at all. You hold the analog in one direction, hold a (or in my case L) and hit the c-stick up and diagnol.
I can do it 100% of the time from right to left and about 70% of the time from left to right (that's cuz I suck... but only for a few days). Wave Dashing was waaaaaaaaaaaay harder.

IDK why this has been overlooked for so far. Does the fact that you can perform sliding attacks at the beginning of the walking frame not appeal to anyone!? Also the fact that this thing has all of the techs that WD had except for the fact that WD could be performed from a run (this is as fast as some characters run speed so probklem solved) and that you could catch items with WD.
Every character can benefit from this. Even C Falcon (he has the worst one).

Really people, y'all over look things horribly.

Top Bottom