• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Black Ops 2 thread.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I just got this today XD, got the Nuketown 2025 map too even though I didn't preorder, which is cool.
Didn't realise you could create custom emblems (which looks awesome by the way). What are they used for, are they callsigns?

Hopefully I'll be able to keep my stats a bit better than they were on MW3. Can't remember properly how many kills I had, possibly around 3 or 4 thousand, and I had 600 less deaths than kills.

Grandeza

Smash Master
Gave multiplayer a decent shot last night. It's okay I guess. I like the maps and appreciate how colorful things are. I must be really bad at it thought because I find it so hard. I lose so many gunfights even when I think I got the first shot. Hopefully I'll get better.

By the way, Lightning Strikes are insanely good.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
It's not being bad, it's just connection advantage.

Watch how fast you shoout someone when you see them (it's really noticible in final game killcams, especially if it's in the back) then notice how much fights you'll lose to people who have a 4 bar if you have a 3, then watch their killcam.

I watched someone appear in my final game killcam and, even though I shot them in the back, it highlighted the fact that I targeted them perfectly and shot as soon as I saw them. I watch other peoples killcams, people who have 1 more bar connection than me, and they'll shoot me whilst I apparently just stand there and do nothing, or even worse, shoot where they used to be standing.

I never remember the connection advantage being this big in the other CoD's.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Mah new Excadrill emblem.

That's actually really good.

My excadrill died a ton in black 2. It couldn't even tank with a good nature. ._. Oh well.

As far as BO2 goes, I'm never playing FFA again. Ever. My K/D dropped from 2.97 to 2.66 from like....4 games?

The spawns are horrid, wayyyy too many people in the lobbies, nobody moves, and you can't win gunfights because the game has atrocious lag. Just.....yeah. No.

Edit: I think it's worth mentioning that everyone in the lobby was laughing throughout those games at how incredibly poorly the game plays so far. Instead of raging at deaths, myself and a few randoms that were actually pretty knowledgeable and good at the game just laughed the whole time. Good times. This game sucks.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
That's actually really good.

My excadrill died a ton in black 2. It couldn't even tank with a good nature. ._. Oh well.

As far as BO2 goes, I'm never playing FFA again. Ever. My K/D dropped from 2.97 to 2.66 from like....4 games?

The spawns are horrid, wayyyy too many people in the lobbies, nobody moves, and you can't win gunfights because the game has atrocious lag. Just.....yeah. No.

Edit: I think it's worth mentioning that everyone in the lobby was laughing throughout those games at how incredibly poorly the game plays so far. Instead of raging at deaths, myself and a few randoms that were actually pretty knowledgeable and good at the game just laughed the whole time. Good times. This game sucks.
So would you say this game is worse, better, or equal to MW3?

Thino

Smash Master
yea this games needs a bit more lag compensation, it's kinda blatant, as soon as my connection drops from 4 to 3 bars, I lose gunfights to 4 bars people, even down to the point I get the first hitmarker, shooting them from behind and they still somehow turn around and kill me.

I suppose that will be fixed later anyway, what annoys me the most is being shot behind cover.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Let me give everyone the TLDW version;

Basically, you have to get ALL camo in a class of weapons.

For Vik, he got all of the camo within "Special" (Shield, Crossbow, and Ballistic Knife). Thus giving him Diamond Camo.

So if you complete all camo challenges in the Shotgun class, TADA.

Diamond Shotgun.

Grandeza

Smash Master
Holy crap the new zombie mode Tranzit is insane. Completely different than traditional zombies and I'm still trying to make heads or tails of it but it's awesome.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Played it on the PS3, a friend of a friend of mine brought it over to play.

I thought it was... okay. Sensitivity pulled a number on me when I set it to eight, felt like I was on four. Set it to ten, thinking that was still the maximum, no dice. Tapped over once more out of carelessness, and **** YES. GOES UP TO FOURTEEN. Anyway, I didn't play much online, which is why I'm going to hold my tongue regarding my small amount of BO2 online experience. Played one private match, I have a ****load of adjusting to do, lol. I thought the knifing system was altered, but from my experience, there's not much of a difference. =s Huh.

Feels good, though, I can see myself enjoying this game with a party, as well as on my own.:applejack:

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Unfortunately so far this game is a complete pile of ****.

The hit detection is bad enough as it is, but between that and the lag it's not playable in its current state. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, but my gunfights are always 50/50. I'm never confident that I'm going to win a gunfight. Ever.

If you don't have ridiculously fast internet, this game will be an absolutely miserable experience for you.
And on this day I had much sadness.

Mah new Excadrill emblem.

Sexy.

Also better than Drillbur, cuz **** that guy, he sucks.

TheSaudiMizer

Smash Journeyman
Yeah it's like it's twice as fast as normal

Also sad to hear this game sucks, but I expected banjo to rage regardless so it's hard to tell how bad it is exactly

:phone:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I'm liking zombies. Played on transit and its legit scary. Those weird big headed freak zombies that jump on your head were quite a treat. I'm liking the find parts to build stuff though wish i could figure out how to yse each thing. Lava is annoying though.

Playing on easy to learn the map and find stuff

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
I'm getting pretty good at tranzit. still trying to find some of the parts but have crafted most of them.

Also, I'm loving grief right now. Adds a nice competitive element to survival mode and is really fun if you have a good team.

SlayerZ and I have been rocking *****es. There were even a couple times where it was just us 2 vs 4 and we won. :)

PS3 ftw

<3

:peach:

NOVA1106

Smash Ace
I'm liking domination more than team deathmatch.been using the skorpion and smr can't remember the name lol.spawns aren't as bad.

:phone:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
So i tried multiplayer. I'm pretty bad at it, not really surprised at that. So far just using the POW (or whatever its called) the 2nd SMG.. I love the laser attachment cause all i do is hip fire anyways

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
My God.

Just wow.

I don't even.

Uhh....

Errr

This game....

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
So i tried multiplayer. I'm pretty bad at it, not really surprised at that. So far just using the POW (or whatever its called) the 2nd SMG.. I love the laser attachment cause all i do is hip fire anyways
Yessssssssssssssssssssss you understand how it should be used <3

Take notes Fawx :troll:

Also Ussi take part of multiplayer with a grain of salt if it doesn't seem all that great at first. There's a good deal of lag issues atm that need to be fixed.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I'm not good enough to notice it to a great deal. I've seen myself die randomly but i think the worse cases are where i get hit once then kill the guy who fired at because he's aimming elsewhere.

I have a nasty habit of reloading after every kill (zombies habit) even though POW gots a nice 50 round clip.

I do both ADS and hipfire and POW i get more hipfire kills with. Feels easier to aim hip than ADS >_>

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
The best part was he had 4 bars.

I knew that thing lied, good to see it's not just me it happened to.
The most depressing thing about it was that the dude that killed him was so wounded that all it would have taken was 1 bullet to kill the guy.

Top Bottom