• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Black Ops 2 thread.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Dammit. I dropshot... :(

My friend is getting this game soon for PS3. So that's good news on the front that I'll be able to play the game (maybe with the PS3 SWF gents), bad news on the front that I still won't be able to play it on 360 yet.:applejack:

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
not sure yet, I want to attribute me losing gunfights to lag but no johns

also, footsteps are nonexistant in this game compared to other cods

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Ugh. I usually hip fire anyway when I drop shot with am SMG, though. Does it affect the accuracy of that too? I do it when I spring around a corner or something. Either way, it's going to drastically affect how I play, that's all I know. I drop shot carelessly.:applejack:
"footsteps are nonexistent in this game compared to other cods"
Not sure how I feel about that. I'm assuming there's a perk that ups the sound of enemy footsteps, but not enough to sound***** constantly.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
yeah it is nerfed http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_mx5xNtEp0

that blows, i switched to tactical during the summer so that I can use it right at the start of blops2

gonna be hard to condition myself not to drop shot stuff anymore

Aha, I now really don't have a reason to drop shot now.

Tundra, how's the Melee system in this game?
O_o

I'm sorry... WHO? ಠ_ಠ

Anyway, that being said...

It's uh... Not as good as Blops uno.

I tend to miss A LOT.

The Ballistic Knife may tell a different story. We'll see at level 49. (plus I'll be able to shoot)

But Fast Hands and Tomahawks are AMAZING. Like, instantaneous throws. You also don't need to hold X to pick up your 'hawks anymore. Just run over the body/where it is on the ground. :awesome:

Shock Charges are awesome.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Knifing is MUUCH harder in this game, it's like they've completely removed the lunge.

Which is absolutely fantastic I have to admit.

DSTP

Smash Journeyman
Just visited a couple other forums. Looks like the connection issues are the same as pre-patch lag comp in MW3. If you have a 3-bar, beware of suspect deaths...

Grandeza

Smash Master
Just played some Zombies with randoms. They made it so if the host backs out, a new host is chosen which is amazing and much needed.

I've only played the map Town which is one of three. It's alright. Kind of small and I don't really see a high round strategy but it's fun and I'm enjoying myself. Hoping I also enjoy the other two. Oh and I've only played the standard survival mode, haven't tried Grief or Tranzit.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Just visited a couple other forums. Looks like the connection issues are the same as pre-patch lag comp in MW3. If you have a 3-bar, beware of suspect deaths...
Good god yes, the amount of killcams I've watched where someone has ran into the room infront of me, sat down their controller, gone downstairs and cooked lunch, came back up and shot me in the face because apparently the lag between 3 bars and 4 is so huge they have time to do that. If it wasn't for objective gametypes I probably would've quit this game by now.

Anyway, in other news, tons of people who bought the disc version of Blops 2 got Mass Effect 2 on the disc instead.

Bioware responded by giving the first fifty people to send them a picture of themselves holding their second disc of Black Ops 2 a free copy of Mass Effect Trilogy.

Grandeza

Smash Master
Ok I just want to elaborate a bit on what I said about zombies. So they added two new game modes, Grief and Tranzit in addition to the classic survival.

The three maps are Bus Depot, Town, and Farm.

I have to admit, I'm a bit let down by zombies. I was expecting at least one huge map(see Ascension, Call of the Dead). Bus Depot has no perks or power. Farm has some perks and no PaP. Town has perks and pack a punch but is somewhat small. Town is my favorite of the three, but they have that ridiculous fire crack thing going on where you have to leap over cracks so as not to get burned. If that's not enough, PhD Flopper is nowhere to be found, perhaps that would've saved us from having to jump over these cracks. None of the maps are particularly special imo.

Grief is a fun mode and makes things a huge cluster ****, not that I'm complaining cause it's an interesting dynamic. But since it's hard to get 8 people, you'll often resort to doing a public match. And in these public matches people leave all the time. They get downed once and decide its time to go. This leads to a domino effect where one team ends up leaving very early on. It's not the fault of the developers but its a shame to see a new mode without a real ability to play a full game with it.

Tranzit gives me hope. It seems like they really tried to do something fun and interesting with it and I only got to play it for about 10 minutes so I can't comment as of now. I have high hopes for it.

And I really wish I had Nuketown Zombies. It looks way better than the maps this game came preloaded with, but I do not. I should've shelled out the money for it but maybe it'll become DLC some time in the future.

I love zombies and I still enjoy it in BO2, but I guess I was expecting more in the area of map design. I hope Treyarch steps up to the plate and blows me away with their first map pack zombie map like they did 2 years ago with Ascension.

And of course these are just my opinions and it is only day one.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Aha, I now really don't have a reason to drop shot now.

Tundra, how's the Melee system in this game?
Less of a lunge, a bit harder to hit someone. Combat Knife has noticeably more lunge and is a lot faster (very fast hitbox and knifes at around the rate of the Ballistic Knife in BO). Dunno about the Ballistic Knife in BO2 yet though, since I haven't unlocked it yet.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
your gun killstreak in ops2 is already higher than mine ever was for mw3 or ops1 lol

OMG at odins picture, sexy akimbo weapons, do want

d000d with all this UAV spam ima use the black hat now

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Are the killstreaks scrollable like they are in MW3?:applejack:

Thino

Smash Master
I heard many people say that knife is harder uuuuhhhhhh I got commando knife lunged quite a bunch of time, a good one character length too

but guess it kinda has to do with PS3 servers being complete **** right now, or is it the same on XBL too?

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
For anyone having theater mode issues (i.e. freezes up when you highlight certain games), I found a work-around to it.

Go to COD TV > My Channel > Recent Games

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
So I unlocked the KSG last night.

It's an incredibly interesting shotgun.

Reason being, rather than shooting in a spread...

It shoots SLUGS.

No.

I mean, like...

It's a very niche weapon.

Which means I love it! :awesome: It still has damage drop off, and has a hipfire of some sort. But it suffers from odd hit detection. But it packs a mean punch. Probably the only shotgun I'd recommend that you'd use the RDS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbfbAHNbHzE&feature=plcp

It also appears that I'll be going for the Tac Knife rather than the B.Knife.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
No, more like ProPipe.

It's a precision weapon. High Risk, Big Reward.

Also, here's the new Ghost, explained.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CNtGOvZIUDE

some comment on the video

This is so incredibly ****. Ghost is meant to keep you off the radar, which now is just going to be a game of noobs in the back with launchers trying to take out uavs instead of being able to just have knowledge that you're safe. Instead of cutting down on camping, this will help those major campers who sit in corners with ARs and have a motion sensor protecting them. As a user of ghost, cold blooded, and assassin, it's ridiculous that they cut out nearly the only stealth element of the multipl

i wanna punch that guy

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Ghost nerf doesn't affect me, I'm always on the move. Though I am glad that it shows you on the radar if you aren't moving.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Ghost nerf doesn't affect me, I'm always on the move. Though I am glad that it shows you on the radar if you aren't moving.
All of this.:applejack:

They could nerf it even more by necessitating the movement out of a fair radius or else you show up on the radar. Like, walking full speed around in the small circle demonstrated wouldn't be enough to keep you off of the radar. You'd have to be pretty much always going somewhere, not just always "moving." Extreme Conditioning would assist that. Buuuut I'm just poking fun at the nerf with that idea. Or maybe I'm not.

Also, the character tapped something during the beginning of every demonstration in that video. Do you have to turn Ghost "on" in order to use it? Or, better yet, is there a detailed explanation for the perk system/how things work?

V Ohhh. Damn. Lol, thanks.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Unfortunately so far this game is a complete pile of ****.

The hit detection is bad enough as it is, but between that and the lag it's not playable in its current state. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, but my gunfights are always 50/50. I'm never confident that I'm going to win a gunfight. Ever.

If you don't have ridiculously fast internet, this game will be an absolutely miserable experience for you.

Top Bottom