• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Concert You've Been to

wtflove

Smash Cadet
Best concert I have ever gone to was a Dir en Grey concert in Canada.

I was both extremely happy and fearful for my life.

Viroxor

Smash Ace
Megadeth, or Disturbed?

I believe Avenged Sevenfold and Bullet For My Valentine are opening for the Megadave tour, which is not for United Abominations as I said before, but rather for the alleged new album.

As for Disturbed, their supporting acts are Killswitch Engage, Lacuna Coil, and Chimaira.

I'm kind of meh on Bullet For My Valentine and Disturbed's supporting acts, but A7X is pretty cool.

Btw, I'll be seeing both in Tampa, in October for Megadeth, and April for Disturbed.

missedwithtruestrike

Smash Journeyman
bah! i hate disturbed and all the bands you mentioned with them (a7x especially, and KSE for the horrible holy diver thing they did) but yea, i meant megadeth...looks like im not goin though, i couldnt sit thru a7x or bullet for whatever...why does megadeth get such ****ty openers like all the time? last time i saw them it was opeth, into eternity, and lamb of god, all of which i hate, thankfully after all that garbage Overkill came on and saved my night. than during megadeth the fireworks in the back ****ed up and almost set the stage aflame.
/rant
EDIT: any goatwhore or skeletonwitch fans here, they are the openers for Amon Amarth, they any good? i already learned out that goatwhore is ****ty...like 90% of openers.
EDIT#2 they lemme say goatWHORE but not just *****?!

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
/rant
EDIT: any goatwhore or skeletonwitch fans here, they are the openers for Amon Amarth, they any good? i already learned out that goatwhore is ****ty...like 90% of openers.
EDIT#2 they lemme say goatWHORE but not just *****?!
hey opeth is not even on the same league of horribleness as Avenged Sevenfold, Bullet, or Disturbed!!!! I'm not an opeth fan but still

D

Deleted member

Wow, the only concert I've ever been to is when I took my niece to see Vanessa Hudgens, so I guess that.

missedwithtruestrike

Smash Journeyman
saw Amon Amarth last night, i thin it was the best show ive ever been to.
LaZarus a.d. was a great opener, skeletonwitch and goat were so bad i went outside dureing their acts and Amon was amazeing

PCyph

Smash Apprentice
Best showwwwww, I have so many.

Streetlight Manifesto and Reel Big Fish was amazing, right in front the whole time.

Set Your Goals, Energy, and Four Year Strong's christmas show is a close second.

Also, Explosions In The Sky, Mono, Murder By Death, and Brand New, I've seen all these bands and they ALWAYS put on an amazing show:

missedwithtruestrike

Smash Journeyman
too loud...lol...thats grand, grow a pair than come back okay.
@gamingblack: i love all the megedeth pics, saw them once foor gigantour 06, it was great 1st time i saw overkill too...my 4th time was last oct. :)

c3gill

Smash Ace
Audioslave takes the cake. Cornell can belch out de la Rocha songs better than he can, and they put on a hell of a show. Beat out Ben Folds (AMAZING), Rage Against the Machine, The Mars Volta, and a few others- probably in that order.

I have a feeling if I could see Dethklok live (lol yea) or the Red Hot Chili Peppers (favorite band, im a 90s rock kid), they would beat Audioslave.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
@gamingblack: i love all the megedeth pics, saw them once foor gigantour 06, it was great 1st time i saw overkill too...my 4th time was last oct. :)
I never liked loud noises and i didn't even wanna go to that **** place. but they said i was gonna have fun. they lied! i was sitting down holding my ears the whole time.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
lucky, megadeth is awesome, i was hoping they would tour with metallica but i found out they are touring with slayer :(
I never liked loud noises and i didn't even wanna go to that **** place. but they said i was gonna have fun. they lied! i was sitting down holding my ears the whole time.
well take it like a man:mad:

HawaiianJigglyPuff

Smash Ace
Best showwwwww, I have so many.

Streetlight Manifesto and Reel Big Fish was amazing, right in front the whole time.

Set Your Goals, Energy, and Four Year Strong's christmas show is a close second.

Also, Explosions In The Sky, Mono, Murder By Death, and Brand New, I've seen all these bands and they ALWAYS put on an amazing show:
Reel Big Fish concert was definitely my favorite. I really wish I got in on the circle pit...it looked like so much fun.

Also, circle pit>mosh pit. And there is a difference.

Sinatra'

Smash Apprentice
I've only been to two concerts... a sublime cover band (it was alright) and a Faceless concert because two of my good friends are Death Metal heads, I must say it was scary but it was better than the sublime cover band....

simpleviolet

Smash Rookie
Ozzfest last year. Disturbed (my personal favorite), Lacuna Coil, Bleeding Through, Norma Jean, Dragonforce... and Ozzy was actually there....not like some other years. It was magnificent.

My boyfriend got a broken nose from a crowd surfer, and the same guy kicked me hard enough in the head that I blacked out for a second. I puked in a cup because of being out in the heat all day. We set it down inconspicuously...when we looked back, it was gone! Other smashed cups were still there, but not that one! We think some drunk guy drank it. eww..

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I haven't been to a decent concert yet, the only ones I've really been to are Christian conference "Concerts" and they were all pretty crappy.

Hopefully gonna fix that this summer. Any recommendations for a place to go to in the tallahassee, FL area?

day-day

Smash Ace
Only one I been to was a free concert a couple of years ago. It had Keith Sweat, Bonecrusher, Omarion, and some other folks. It was sponsored by that 50 million pound challenge so the only thing you had to pay for was water.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Best one I ever went to was in Atlanta.

Dan (forgot his last name) opened for Zox, who opened for Streetlight Manifesto.

it was just brilliant. everyone was on top game that night.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Well so far, Metallica at San Diego last year but I am seeing AC/DC September 6th and Metallica again on December 10th and hopefully I'll be able to buy Megadeth tickets for San Diego (if they tour there).

Spire

III
BRoomer
I've seen a lot. Highlights have been Les Claypool four times (once was Primus), and Ween only a measley once, but I may be going to Voodoo Fest in New Orleans Halloween weekend to see them, along with Kiss (holy **** will that be awesome). Might be getting myself some backstage passes too ;)

Clownbot

Smash Lord
I've seen a lot. Les Claypool four times (once was Primus), and Ween only a measley once, but I may be going to Voodoo Fest in New Orleans Halloween weekend to see them, along with Kiss (holy **** will that be awesome). Might be getting myself some backstage passes too ;)
:)

:cool:

:mad:

^That right there was pretty much what I went through as I read your post. ****, I'd love to see Kiss in concert.

I haven't been to any concerts so far. :ohwell:

Spire

III
BRoomer
:)

:cool:

:mad:

^That right there was pretty much what I went through as I read your post. ****, I'd love to see Kiss in concert.

I haven't been to any concerts so far. :ohwell:
You're gonna hate me more when I tell you I've seen Kiss already. Strange, it'll be my second time. They don't even feel like a band though. It's like going to see some washed up mega-cheesy demon circus.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
You're gonna hate me more when I tell you I've seen Kiss already. Strange, it'll be my second time. They don't even feel like a band though. It's like going to see some washed up mega-cheesy demon circus.
That's encouraging. :laugh:

I don't really care about the lights and effects and all that ****, though--- it only matters that you perform well.

Top Bottom