• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Concert You've Been to

Scott!

Smash Lord
I haven't been to too many concerts. I've seen TMBG twice, and once they did a double set, which was awesome. They played all of Flood in order. If you're a fan, then you get how awesome that is.

I've also seen Paul McCartney, who puts on an amazing show. He's my favorite Beatle, and seeing one of the most famous and successful musicians ever was an experience.

I also was at Elton john's 60th birthday concert. Totally awesome, even though I'm not a huuuge fan. He was introduced by Bil Clinton. Yeah, I saw a president at a concert.

Oh, and one of my favorite guilty pleasure, Vanessa Carlton, played at my school a couple years back, and she was amazing too. Let's see, what else...

Well, I've seen John Williams lead the New York Philharmonic playing a bunch of his best movie themes and such. The encore was the Olympics theme. :D Also, I saw Howard Shore conduct some orchestra or other playing his Lord of the Rings Symphony.

I saw Video Games Live over last winter break, too. Go see them; it's a great show. Ok, I guess I've seen a fair few, but not a lot compared to some people.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Been to Bullet for my Valentine concert bloody amazing, encore was pretty crazy. Need to bring more lighters next time.

Want to see Paramore for sure, System of a Down

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Ive only gone to an Iron Maiden concert. And I wouldve gone to a Linkin Park concert (which I wanted to go more than the Iron Maiden concert) but for some reason my dad instead decided to take my friends..... wtf is that all about

Spire

III
BRoomer
I haven't been to too many concerts. I've seen TMBG twice, and once they did a double set, which was awesome. They played all of Flood in order. If you're a fan, then you get how awesome that is.

I've also seen Paul McCartney, who puts on an amazing show. He's my favorite Beatle, and seeing one of the most famous and successful musicians ever was an experience.

I also was at Elton john's 60th birthday concert. Totally awesome, even though I'm not a huuuge fan. He was introduced by Bil Clinton. Yeah, I saw a president at a concert.

Oh, and one of my favorite guilty pleasure, Vanessa Carlton, played at my school a couple years back, and she was amazing too. Let's see, what else...

Well, I've seen John Williams lead the New York Philharmonic playing a bunch of his best movie themes and such. The encore was the Olympics theme. :D Also, I saw Howard Shore conduct some orchestra or other playing his Lord of the Rings Symphony.

I saw Video Games Live over last winter break, too. Go see them; it's a great show. Ok, I guess I've seen a fair few, but not a lot compared to some people.
Saw McCartney let's see... 1, 2.. 7, 8 years ago? It was on the Back In the U.S. tour. Great, great show.

And holy mackerel, the entirety of Flood!? It's been a few years since I've listened to TMBG, but I need to bust 'em out again. That album is too good.

I'd absolutely love to see Williams live too, and for none other than Star Wars. I listen to the soundtracks all the time, so they're in league with the other regulars. Going to see him would be just as fun as seeing Bowie (oh how I'd love that).

Scott!

Smash Lord
Saw McCartney let's see... 1, 2.. 7, 8 years ago? It was on the Back In the U.S. tour. Great, great show.

And holy mackerel, the entirety of Flood!? It's been a few years since I've listened to TMBG, but I need to bust 'em out again. That album is too good.

I'd absolutely love to see Williams live too, and for none other than Star Wars. I listen to the soundtracks all the time, so they're in league with the other regulars. Going to see him would be just as fun as seeing Bowie (oh how I'd love that).
My parents saw Paul in that concert and didn't take me. I wasn't gonna let that happen again. Gotta love that for my two biggest rock concerts, Paul and Elton, I went with my parents.

Yeah, TMBG is awesome like that. Every month from last October through early summer, they did one show a month in an NYC club where they played one of their albums in full before they did a regular set. I saw the first, the Flood show. They did Apollo 18 too, I think Mink Car, The Spine, and maybe others in different months. Sadly, I'm not made of money, so Flood it was.

And Williams didn't do much (any?) Star Wars. He did play some Indiana Jones, Hook (such an underrated and amazing soundtrack), and other stuff I can't recall, but we all know.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Ah, the Hook soundtrack was epic. :bee:

I think my sister once saw Journey recently.... :urg:

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Man I really wanted to see that linkin park concert... I sometimes think my dad likes my friends better than me... wtf

Anyways back on topic I might go see that Metallica Death Magnetic concert in Miami. I would go nuts at that concert

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I've seen TMBG twice, and once they did a double set, which was awesome. They played all of Flood in order. If you're a fan, then you get how awesome that is.
Wowww that's great

I saw them twice when I was younger and can't exactly remember all they played. but but wow all of Flood? that's just badass.

NukSuCao

Smash Cadet
Man I really wanted to see that linkin park concert...
Seen them twice, once at Rev 07 and once with Chiodos and Coheed. Amazing shows, although Chester and Mike both sound a lot better in studio.

The best show I've ever been to was a Jimmy Eat World concert. Paramore opened for them, and it was absolutely amazing. I fell in love with Hayley Williams, seriously.

I find it hilarious that I've seen so many bands that people "would die for" and hated it. Like Megadeth, Mastodon, Danzig...

The only time I have been converted from hate to like at a show would be when I saw The Fray a couple days ago. It was well worth however much my ex paid for my ticket. XD

DrPain

Smash Cadet
Les Claypool (of Primus) at The Electric Factory, philly pa. A band called The Coup opened for them, never heard of them before or after, but they brought the place DOWN.

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
ive seen bad religion at the electric factory a while back.

i seen leftover crack twice. the first time, they played w/ mischief brew and witch hunt. the second, hate and war opened up, then the casualties played.

streetlight manifesto was amazing. i met thier trumpeteer.

and a few days ago, i saw an acoustic show. craig needles, joe jack talcum(from the dead milkmen), and erik peterson(from mischief brew) played. it was crazy, a moshpit at an acoustic show!

missedwithtruestrike

Smash Journeyman
Been to Bullet for my Valentine concert bloody amazing, encore was pretty crazy. Need to bring more lighters next time.

Want to see Paramore for sure, System of a Down
i saw them last week and they blew hard...
they opened for kill switch engage (which also blew)
who opened for SLAYER, which to awesome to descibe
who opened for (note that more than half the crowd left after slayer) marilyn manson who wasnt that bad actually

and didnt SOAD break up a while ago? did i miss a reunion?

Top Bottom