• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Concert You've Been to

missedwithtruestrike

Smash Journeyman
i personally love going to live shows. sadly though ive only concert hopping since 2006'ish but since then ive seen
-iron maiden...twice -megadeth
-overkill...twice -epica
-trivium -into eternity
-arch enemy -motorhead
-judas priest -black sabbath (heaven and hell)

of those id say iron maiden was the best, of course it depends on the venue, when i saw overkill at starland ballroom it was great too.
so, i want to hear your stories and fav shows. ill share some stories later but first i wanna hear yours.
BTW: those arnt all of them, just the ones i thought of right away.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
Prince was great. Don't hate.

But overall, a festival I went to a while back with Queens of the Stone Age, Coldplay, Audioslave, Zwan, and a couple of other acts was really great. Either that, or The Roots.

Matunas

I'm a monster!
BRoomer
NNID
Matunas
It's a toss up between Tool right after Lateralus or Radiohead right before In Rainbows. Tool had the better stage show, while Radiohead played better. Both were great all around.

Screw it, I'll go with Nine Inch Nails fragility tour. Trent was wasted and it was hilarious.

Symphony X

Smash Lord
i personally love going to live shows. sadly though ive only concert hopping since 2006'ish but since then ive seen
-iron maiden...twice -megadeth
-overkill...twice -epica
-trivium -into eternity
-arch enemy -motorhead
-judas priest -black sabbath (heaven and hell)

of those id say iron maiden was the best, of course it depends on the venue, when i saw overkill at starland ballroom it was great too.
so, i want to hear your stories and fav shows. ill share some stories later but first i wanna hear yours.
BTW: those arnt all of them, just the ones i thought of right away.
I find it funny that you've seen all these great shows, (excluding Trivium) and yet you have "DEATH MAGNETIC" in your signature. Terrible album.

I've seen Poison, Cinderella, Stone Temple Pilots, Third Eye Blind, Everclear, Billy Joel (He's amazing don't deny it), and Silicone Sister (Local band that does '80s Metal covers).

Although the best show I've seen by far is Symphony X.

missedwithtruestrike

Smash Journeyman
death magnetic is amazing! i hate trivium too, but they opened for maiden one night so yea, i dont like arch enemy but what can i say openers are openers...

D

Deleted member

The only concert I've been to is Foreigner. It was f*ckin' epic.

BTW, look up the current drummer. ;)

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Trans-Siberian Orchestra always has the best show, every year.

Though the Stones were pretty awesome when I went to see them.

Symphony X

Smash Lord
Trans-Siberian Orchestra always has the best show, every year.
I saw TSO's New Year's Eve show last year and it was terrible.
The whole show was different people on the band getting up to the mic and singing different "Christmasy" songs. Then at the very end played an exciting song with all the lights and such. I feel dooped.

knightzy

Smash Journeyman
Iron Maiden and Black Sabbath where at great venues and sounded like jumbo jets i was suprised that the builing did'nt burn down becasue of all the lighters.

KMB23

Smash Journeyman
queens of the stone age, i got invited to a concert last year, having only heard a few songs by them. it was the best concert i've ever been to, and i've found that none of their recordings do their live show any justice.

i'm seeing minus the bear this friday, and i've heard very positive things about their live shows.. so qotsa may be replaced.

pokemonmaster01

BRoomer
BRoomer
Rock on the Range was pretty solid. Two day event. Got to see Seether, Staind, Disturbed, Finger Eleven, Serj Tankian, Papa Roach, Five Finger Death Punch. Moshed at second stage to Drowning Pool, Sevendust and Boboflex. Also caught a little of Saving Abel and 10 years which was cool. Then a couple friends snuck me on the mainstage floor for 3 Doors Down. Oh, and Stone Temple Pilots.

Yeah, all of the above was one concert, one weekend, one ticket.

Ozzfest 2007 was mindblowing as well. Especially durring Ozzy when I looked around me and saw 10,000 lighters in the air some time around midnight. It was almost a religious feeling. And everybody clapped along to the drums at the beginning of War Pigs in the quiet part. And Zakk Wylde played the Star Spangled Banner with his teeth. And there was a freak show lol.

Dope is cool in concert. They put on strobe lights like a rave and smoke random blunts from people in the crowd. Mushroomhead puts on a pretty good show, too.

Northy

Smash Rookie
Antiskeptic 2x, Hometime 2x, Switchfoot 1x, Nazarite Vow 4x, Pillar 1x, Bloodsport 3x, Broken Scarlet 3x, Something For The Pain 1x, The Scissor File 1x, A Sound Mind 1x, Half A Smile 1x, Enolas Secret 1x, House Vs Hurricane 1x, A Murder Of Crows 1x, Death Section 1x, Stained Red 1x, Beneath Dying Skies 1x, Sonic Euphoria 1x, Karam 1x, Six Fathoms Deep 1x, Daybreak 1x, Stellar Kart 1x, MAD SHAPES 1x, The Sundance Kids 1x

those are the band i've seen live, a majority of them are from Adelaide... don't get many good international bands here...

the international ones are: pillar, switchfoot and stellar kart

interstate: Antiskeptic (RIP), The Scissor File, A Sound Mind, House Vs Hurricane

if any ones into metalcore/hardcore music you should check some of those bands out.. there also some alternative rockish bands in there :p

ALL of the shows were pretty epic.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
As a Melbournian I feel it is my duty to say: lol Adelaide.

Matunas

I'm a monster!
BRoomer
NNID
Matunas
Dope is cool in concert. They put on strobe lights like a rave and smoke random blunts from people in the crowd.
Dope played at a local strip club. It was such a horrible show and barely anyone showed up. I actually felt bad for them. When I saw them at a bigger venue it was a lot better but still not that great.

Papa Roach put on the worst show I have ever seen. I didn't know who they were at the time, Last Resort had just hit the radio, and I had to stand through their entire set to be up front for Green Day. Why was Papa Roach at Warped Tour? The world may never know.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I saw TSO's New Year's Eve show last year and it was terrible.
The whole show was different people on the band getting up to the mic and singing different "Christmasy" songs. Then at the very end played an exciting song with all the lights and such. I feel dooped.
Umm... no duh?

TSO plays Christmas music. That's like going to an Opeth concert and leaving pissed off because they didn't play any Mozart.

missedwithtruestrike

Smash Journeyman
woo! goin to see overkill for the 3rd time saturday, if i had the cash id have been going to a gwar show too....i hate being broke.
the last overkill show i saw was at starland ballroom and when they came out the pit started right up, less than 5 minutes into the first song we had to drag some guy out of there. he was unconsious and all kinds of bloody...good stuff \m/

Dodongo

rly likes smoke
BRoomer
It's a toss up between Tool right after Lateralus or Radiohead right before In Rainbows. Tool had the better stage show, while Radiohead played better. Both were great all around.

Screw it, I'll go with Nine Inch Nails fragility tour. Trent was wasted and it was hilarious.
Aww you bastid, I wish I could have gone to the Fragility tour so bad.

Lights in the Sky tour by NIN is probably my favorite, but I saw tool in the 10,000 days tour and it was pretty amazing too.

HolyChef

Smash Ace
avenged sevenfold with bullets for octane opening for them. i was upfront the whole time. it was in a very small venue which made it better for some reason and now i prefer small venues. it was also in the netherlands so everyone was drunk and smoked out. and europeans are cool in general

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
As far as best overall show, I would give it to NIN/Queens of the Stone Age/Death from Above 1979 (really awesome band btw) on the And All that Could Have Been Tour. All of the bands were very, very good on stage.

That being said, I'd give the best 1 band performance to Skinny Puppy. I went to see them at the Electric Factory in Philly after Mythmaker came out. The opening bands sucked, but Skinny Puppy just absolutely blew the crowd away. ohGr really knows how to get the crowd into it.

EDIT: Upfront for both, by the way. (My brother is awesome about getting tickets early and showing up at a good time.)

Matunas

I'm a monster!
BRoomer
NNID
Matunas
Aww you bastid, I wish I could have gone to the Fragility tour so bad.

Lights in the Sky tour by NIN is probably my favorite, but I saw tool in the 10,000 days tour and it was pretty amazing too.
Yeah, A Perfect Circle opened up for NiN. That was before they had put out Mer De Noms and I had no idea who they were. About two songs in I was like, "Is that Maynard?"

Trent was so drunk he forgot the words to The Wretched and the crowd just kept singing where he messed up. Good times.

missedwithtruestrike

Smash Journeyman
YEA! i saw overkill for the 3rd time last night, it was by far the best show ive ever been to. there were good openers, phsycohead and warbringer to name a few. i still cant hear correctly which is a major drag.... but the show was amazing. there was moshing, and crowd surfing, it was just great.

derek.haines

Smash Ace
I've seen a handful of shows in my day, but the best had to be the Flogging Molly show from earlier this year. Those guys just put on a hell of a show, and with it being the day before St. Patrick's Day it was even more fired up.

Just saw Weezer yesterday. Not a bad show at all, particularly because it was free. :p

PMKNG

Smash Ace
NNID
GalickGon
I can't really put a favorite on one, been to a ton of local shows.
I guess warped tour though simply cause of the amount of bands

lolShifty

Smash Rookie
Oh gosh.. I can't pick a favorite. I've been to so many.

Maybe I can narrow it down... In no particular order.

>> Ringo Starr and his All Starr Band feat. Edgar Winter and Ron Argent
>> KISS
>> Dweezil Zappa - Zappa Plays Zappa
>> White Stripes
>> Green Day
>> Robert Plant and the Strange Sensations
>> Bruce Springsteen
>> The Shins

There's a ton more, but I think those were the best. ^^;

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
Never actually been to a concert. I would be scared to go to a metal concert for obvious reasons. Although I would like to see some trance musicians in concert (Tiesto, Armin van Buuren). Although I somehow get the feeling that everyone there will be doing drugs...

missedwithtruestrike

Smash Journeyman
If you're scared of moshing, there are spots on the venue where moshing doesn't happen. In fact, most of the moshing is away from the front.
true, mostly, when i was at starland ballroom for my most recent overkill there was a bar hen a line of ppl (not the pit) than a big empty circle (for the pit) tha a big group of pp, than the stage. anyway when kill came on i was off to the side and even all od us got pushed into it....so crazy. 2 mins. into the 2nd song some guy went down really hard. basically, theres not always a safe spot.

Top Bottom