• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Concert You've Been to

Gaara♥

Smash Master
The Roots are fcuking MIND BLOWING live! Never before have I been in the presence of such high musicianship by every single member of the band THE ENTIRE PERFORMANCE! I swear, every song they played could have ended the concert because they were all so epic. Definitively recommended for anyone who likes the hip hop genre

Daft punk comes in 2nd place because they are just amazing and they have such devoted fans lol

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
As a kid I went to a Paul Simon and Bob Dylan concert.

Though I was very tired (I was a little kid), it was definitely amazing.

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
I saw ZZ Top last year, it was pretty nice. Kiss was cool to but thats been a while back. The band I would most like to see though has to be Rage Against the Machine. I almost made it once but the tickets where a little out of my budget at the time.

Also, Weird Al twice.

LadyKirbess

Smash Apprentice
The best concert I've ever attended would have to be Family Force 5 at LU back in '06. I'm currently listening to their "Dance or Die" CD. I love these guys!!

JLynn943

Smash Ace
even though I'm not a huge fan of them, I saw Seether open for Audioslave a few years ago, and they put on an awesome show. I was really impressed

The best concert I've ever attended would have to be Family Force 5 at LU back in '06. I'm currently listening to their "Dance or Die" CD. I love these guys!!
by any chance is LU Lehigh University?

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
My top favorite shows I've been to (no real particular order)

Radiohead in Tampa last May. It was only their second show of the In Rainbows tour and it was a spectacle even if I was on the lawn and the band looked like ants. The light show was amazing and of course the music.....although the setlist they played wasn't as good as I wished, still mindblowing.

Between The Buried and Me in Orlando last December. They played all of their latest album Colors straight through then did an encore set.

Daft Punk at the Bang Festival 07 in Miami. I wasn't sure what to expect but I was about 15-20 feet away from the stage and they were playing inside of a big lit up Pyramid and mashed all their songs together into one, and the result was really incredible. There's actually a CD with the set they played called Alive for anyone that's interested. Not near as awesome as actually being there though.

HORSE the Band in Orlando. I've seen them a couple times but the last time was just visceral. The opening bands were wicked, and HORSE got the whole club moshing and dancing. They played dozens of songs I didn't expect and of course played brutal as all-hell. And they are also really funny guys.

Gaara♥

Smash Master
Daft Punk at the Bang Festival 07 in Miami. I wasn't sure what to expect but I was about 15-20 feet away from the stage and they were playing inside of a big lit up Pyramid and mashed all their songs together into one, and the result was really incredible. There's actually a CD with the set they played called Alive for anyone that's interested. Not near as awesome as actually being there though.
that was my exact daft punk experience at Berkeley's greek theatre! It was funny because the whole time, people were trying to throw their glow sticks into their pyramid but datf punk didnt really seem to mind. Then some guy jumped on stage with them and took pictures then about 10 security guards rushed the stage to get him off but the guy jumped back into the crowd and crowd surfed to safety.

Also, nice join date!

LadyKirbess

Smash Apprentice
even though I'm not a huge fan of them, I saw Seether open for Audioslave a few years ago, and they put on an awesome show. I was really impressed

by any chance is LU Lehigh University?
No, LU stands for Liberty University. Its in VA. :)

missedwithtruestrike

Smash Journeyman
im goin to see nightwish in new york in may, havent actually heard them since they got the new chic singing, i hope i like it.
@ladykirbess: is that PL in your sig or have i missed something? if you play dota send me a message and we'll play.

missedwithtruestrike

Smash Journeyman
I look at your signature. To let you know.

You're a fan of Nightwish? I thought you were better than that.
hey, you may look at the sig, but do you check the **** out?
and what the **** is that supposed to mean? dont get me wrong man, there by no means one of my fav bands, im a thrash guy. but still, the old singer had a nice voice and more importatly i was invited to the show, i didnt go out of my way to find one. oh, and epica is better.

missedwithtruestrike

Smash Journeyman
It means Nightwish sucks. Sorry.
sorry you feel that way....but youre wrong. to be honest, i hate symphoney x, they just sound like a bad version of dream theatre to me, but you dont see me takein shots at them do you, so please, leave your opinion of my music taste to yourself, and ill do the same for you.

missedwithtruestrike

Smash Journeyman
This thread holds no purpose without opinion.
yea it does, its to share your concert experiences, not to bash other people's tastes....my opinion of a band doesnt change yours or anyone elses experience at a concert, to be honest i either havent liked or havent heard of 90% of the bands in here but that doesnt mean it wasnt the best concert they went to, which is what the thread is about.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
Yeah, A Perfect Circle opened up for NiN. That was before they had put out Mer De Noms and I had no idea who they were. About two songs in I was like, "Is that Maynard?"

Trent was so drunk he forgot the words to The Wretched and the crowd just kept singing where he messed up. Good times.
You wrote this in October, but man, **** you >=[ That would've been bad *** to see APC in front of NIN.

I did get to see Peter Murphy sing Reptile during NIN's Lights in the Sky tour, though ;o RIGHT DODONGO?

But yeah, I've only ever seen NIN in concert, but their latest tour is ****ing fantastic. Amazing light show and on-the-spot visuals.

I'd love to see Tool in concert.

Scott!

Smash Lord
I've seen TMBG twice, and the first time was amazing (not that the second wasn't, but the first was better). It was last October; they were doing a double set in le Poisson Rouge in NYC. The first set was them doing the complete album of Flood. Amazing. Then, they did a normal set after an intermission, and that was pretty amazingly awesome too. But seeing them do all of Flood, their most well--known and well-loved album of all ever, was an experience to be had.

KMB23

Smash Journeyman
minus the bear - 10/17/08

best concert ever. they played really well and played everything i wanted to hear. the openers were great too. i hope to see them live again.

also saw portugal. the man in november. they were great, but played a really short set. it was pretty disappointing.

so as far as best live performances go, those two are the top of my list. i really wish portugal played longer, but they were still GREAT for the 40 minutes they played.

jber4life

Smash Apprentice
Best concert I ever saw was Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Not only was it my first, it was also a great enviroment. They had a stacked set, and there was such a chill crowd. Everything about it was perfect.

However, when i go to Shambhala this summer, i expect it to even better.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Metallica, Cox Arena, Dec 15, 2008 though if i go see Priest Feast, i might change my mind

Top Bottom