• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best character in each category?

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
Hello everyone.
To help many people (including myself), I have made a list of catagories for characters such as...

Combos:
Shiek :shiek:
Diddy :diddy:
Peach :peach:

Grab (range):
Olimar :olimar:
DDD :dedede:
Charizard :charizard:

Camper:
Olimar :olimar:
Snake :snake:
Toon Link :toonlink:

General Attack Range:
DDD :dedede:

Aerial Range:
Ike :ike:

Ground Range:
DK :dk2:
Ike :ike:

Zair:
Samus :samus2:
toon link :toonlink:
link :link2:
Planking:
MK :metaknight:

Comebacks:
Lucario :lucario:

Being Green:
Luigi (and only him) :luigi2:

Recovery:
Luigi :luigi:
Jigglypuff :jigglypuff:
ROB :rob:

Ground Speed:
Sonic :sonic:
Captain Falcon :falcon:

Air Speed:
Yoshi :yoshi2:
Jigglypuff :jigglypuff:
Pit :pit:
Air acceleration:
Wario :wario:

Air Dodge:
Wario :wario:

Gimping:

Roll:
Lucario :lucario:

Comedic/Lulz:
Captain Falcon :falcon:

If need of more categories, just reply.

Missed some stuff My additions are in bold but i agree with some also :)

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
Eh. I went on what I saw being said on the Wario boards one time. My bad.

Judging from that thread, Lucario Diddy and Squirtle are top 3 for rolls. Nobody else really stands out as exceptional, the only people on their level at all are people with one really god roll and one really bad roll, also if we have rolls then how about Spot Dodge? Link, Pikachu, Falco, Yoshi and Toon Link are top dogs in that.

=)@MePlz

Smash Apprentice
Remove Wario from AD, ONLY MK has should be on the AD list. ALL NEWCOMERS (but Sonic and Lucas) HAVE THE BEST AD but MK has ONE MORE FRAME of invincibility than everyone else. AD would be too long of a list otherwise. If anything, put MK then under him ALL newcomers minus Lucas and Sonic.

Oh and how is Lucario and DDD not being considered in Ground range?? DDD has longer than Ike and Lucario is as long as Ike.

How is ZSS NOT on Combos? Dsmash combos into EVERYTHING.

Luigi's recovery is not the BEST. MK, Jiggs, ROB are enough.

Charizard's grab range is longer than DDD's
ZSS can't combo that many times.
Dsmash, Dsmash, Side-b/Bair. That's all I can think of.
DDD is in general range.
lucario does have a large range in his Fsmash.

How many times do I have to say this? LUIGI HAS MORE VERTICAL RECOVERY THAN JIGGS. Probably ROB too.

Adapt

Smash Lord
recovery has already been debated to death in another topic... ROB, MK, and Jiggs are considered best. Fox has equal or better vertical recovery than Luigi, so does ZSS, ROB, Pikachu, DDD and Sheik to name a few.

Just put MK as best airdodge, because a dozen others are second.
You should add a point that Olimar/DDD/Charizard have the longest non-tether grab ranges

ZSS has the best range out of any character. Her f-smash, up-smash, up-B, and side-B outrange any other non-projectile move. (maybe not quite f-smash, but it is still high range) D-smash has quite good range as well, but not on par with the others mentioned

Also, ZSS has many combos and should be considered. D-smash/Neutral-B/Up-B/Uair/Dash attack all combo quite well

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Ike is stronger than Bowser. Ike is also stronger than Ganon. Ike also is stronger than Snake. Ike is the overall strongest character.

Kief

Smash Ace
toon link should go under gay. hes based off of link, but hes a much better character. hes not even from WW, hes his own little satan spawn. and hes a powerpuff girl. thats pretty gay if ya ask me.

also link camps just as good as toon link if not better.

Veggi

Smash Champion
It's that FLUDD, way too good.

I really think the best at gimping is Mario though, Dedede in second and MK and third. I just don't have the same level of fear when I'm trying to recover against anyone else but Mario.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Pit is gay, he wears a skirt.

For Counter (Powerwise in order): Its Ike, Marth, Lucario, Peach

With Ike and Marth, you can be very technical and say:

a 4 Ike FFA, Ike counters a fsmash from Ike, then 3rd Ike jumps in and counters, and then 4th Ike jumps in and counters.

Thats fsmash x 1.2 x 1.2 x 1.2 for the final counter damage and knockback. Technically. And just replace the last Ike with Marth for 2nd strongest... technically.

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
TL for Gay category.

make an annoying category and throw Pit in there

p8nted

Smash Apprentice
Marth should be in the aerial range category.

Falco and Pikachu should DEFINITELY be in the best campers category. Ffs, Falco should be at the top of that list for sure.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
[EDIT] - Nevermind, tired and blind johns~

Lol im so character biased, I was looking to see Marth on the list under something.

Nibbles 2

Smash Apprentice
Add a "spamming" category (as in, continually and consistently repeats the same moves...).

And maybe a "greatest number of ATs" category too? For characters who have a bunch of character-specific ATs.

Or "Best DACUS"? (self explanatory)

Nicole

Smash Champion
general attack range should include ike, marth, and maybe GW.

ZSS, Peach, and Diddy are all better than Sheik at combo-ing. Fox is pretty good at it also.

Top Bottom