• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Brawl mains in Canada! 1.0* Updated Nov 26, 09

Status
Not open for further replies.

.decoy

Smash Ace

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I see we're in the midst of a heated debate about the best olimar.

Try to keep things reasonable guys, especially you Pierre. People have reported some posts in this thread already, so I'm letting everyone know after this that if things don't remain civil, i'mma start whipping out some yellow cards.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Being a best character in Canada is just like me that wanted to become best Ganon in Canada. It's no good!! The real thing that matters is if you can do well with your character against the world... that's where the real test is.

Weruop

Smash Ace
tin man debating llumys spot?
i didnt even know u are a note worthy olimar tin man, let alone a note worthy canadian olimar
although, i DO know what llumys is made of. he knows his stuff. it might not be shown by tourney results due to his traveling johns, but if we're talking about skill, i wouldnt doubt that llumys is yummys.

(yummys=awesome)

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
Hey, the Ike player we have listed here, would it be possible if someone can link all his results and such. Im curious as to what I have to beat

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Yeah holy crap. Freaking beast.

inb4weareassumedofWCbias

[EDIT] btw, Tyler. I took 5th at a tourney using some Sonic (tied with T-Block). I won't lie, D3 and MK were clenchers for some rather hectic matches like against Firefly and Pitch back then. I'd be stupid to deny results when people clearly saw I used them (and yes, people, all those months ago I did tend to CP higher tiers if things got rough).

& Victor

ADAT2, I used all Sonic except ONE match (second match before the final one) as Meta Knight against DTP then the final round was Kirby vs. Sonic on Pictochat, and took 7th place. And that was considered our major tournament.

And just now, I took 7th placing using all Sonic. I'm not trying to toot my own horn here, but using the excuse of me copping out to MK or D3 doesn't work anymore. I've stepped my **** up, and intend to keep taking it higher and higher. To 5th, to 4th, to breaking top 3 and sending Jack or Luke to 4th, and aiming even higher after that until I hit Grand Finals against Dan one day.

READ WHAT I SAY HERE BEFORE ANYONE THINKS I'M PLEADING A CASE FOR BEST IN CANADA;

I'm not. I know I'm good. But clearly Infzy has the more difficult region to compete in and has more spectators (whether it's bias or not) to vouche for him. What else can I do for that except say I'm good and you taking my word for it? I can't do anything here.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Take a ride down to EC and play with them?

You've done it down to Hawaii and other places before, I'm sure you could do it. =P

Also your Sonic is definitely good Brandon, but it's just idk if it's top 5 material. I think your prime was probably around ADAT2, but since then, you took that break and I think people caught up. =/ Mike got 4th and got really good; so did Fiji, somewhat Mark, Firefly (when he was still here), and Darren was pretty good at the time too.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I outplaced Mike & Mark both this time around, while beating out people like DWC (who beat Arsenal), and Wilson, while befuddling many as I played. I'm not talking about being in the top 5 of the Power Ranking either (if that's what you're talking about).

I don't think you know how I've closed that gap alongside everyone too. It's getting pretty close with everyone right now. And I beat out Darren at ADAT2. My prime was at this tournament just now. I'm better then I have ever been. Everyone is upping their game, and within the next couple of months, results from tourneys are going to get REALLY interesting for everyone. Luke wants an upset of the top 3, and at the rate that we're all going?

It's bound to happen.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
You want to know a good sonic? X from utah went to Ministry of smash yesterday, placed seventh, and almost beat Havoc's MK (beat him game 1, very close, a kill move away, lost to him game 2, same situation, it was close, then game 3, Havoc read all of his tricks with tornado, and basically learned the matchup) This was a socal tourney, ministry of smash.

.decoy

Smash Ace
you want to know a good sonic in canada?
theres this guy, holynightmare. you might have heard of him.
i herd his sonic is purty guud.

BOB SAGET!

Smash Lord
You want to know a good sonic? X from utah went to Ministry of smash yesterday, placed seventh, and almost beat Havoc's MK (beat him game 1, very close, a kill move away, lost to him game 2, same situation, it was close, then game 3, Havoc read all of his tricks with tornado, and basically learned the matchup) This was a socal tourney, ministry of smash.
ministry of smash, oh ya. It was on livestream yesterday. lol at haze, he was just screwing around with some people in some matches.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
you want to know a good sonic in canada?
theres this guy, holynightmare. you might have heard of him.
i herd his sonic is purty guud.
It's ok but I haven't really tested it outside of low tier events lol. I'm pretty sure I could do good with him but it's a bit too risky. I don't main Sonic at all, he's like my main in low tiers.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Sonic isn't low tier
Sonic is low tier, I don't care what the SBR says. He's borderline low tier.

He's a crappy character that relies only on mindgames and grab game, once you know how Sonic works. He's so easy to beat, it's not even funny.
Also Ness and Lucas are way better than Sonic and they're low tier lul?

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I'd like to take on that Ike spot but I have no recent tourney results to back me... expect to see some results/vids in a few months, lol.

:034:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom