• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Brawl mains in Canada! 1.0* Updated Nov 26, 09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Anyways you'll never be able to make top players from each his own character because they'll be character bias along with EC/WC bias. I tried making a top 20 player in the world rankings before and always everyone has their own input into these things. It just doesn't work, unless we all get to fight all the time often and that's obviously impossible with our current technology and whatever priorities you guys may have. Also, money is a huge issue for traveling lol.

Pretty much thread is stupid.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
But...he insulted my honor. D:

Oh well. Back to being humble and not caring for me.
Lol there's no such thing as honor in the field of battle! Adapt or die! This is probably true in any fight. Whatever happens, happens.. don't expect anything just fight and try to beat the guy, if you fail well guess what? Go learn some more.. even if you win, try to find tougher opponents and continue to learn. =P That's what you call infinite potential. =D

.Marik

is a social misfit
As for Marik? I love the guy, he's cool ****, and he's got a *****in beast yoshi, but I haven't seen him place high ever, or beat anyone of note with Yoshi in tourney sets (Yes that includes pools).
Personal issues johns prevent me from ever playing Brawl or practicing, usually for months at a time.

If I had regular practice and Wi-Fi, I'd place better, trust me.

I agree with Mikey on the note that East Coast has a much more skilled competitive region than West Coast Canada. Firefly only places because it's Alberta, and not Ontario or Quebec. We're probably around the same level, maybe Firefly is more consistent because of how much more practice he's entitled to have. But, Ontario/Quebec>Alberta/British Columbia/Saskatchewan. Our top players would demolish West Coast's top players because of how much harder our region is, and they've adapted over a period of time. I'm not saying Alphicans or Kill0ck or their top players are necessarily bad, but our region is undeniably more advanced and much more skill is required to place and obtain rankings.

Yoshi sucks. I need a solid secondary.

Brexer is decent, nothing phenomenal, as I said before.

Yes, that was me on the Paradoxical account. Surprise.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
My honor on the right to fight as Sonic is what I defend. Whatever happens on the battlefield is fair game! If I had honor in battle I wouldn't be mean to Pit with a spring when he tries to recover.

My path to limitless potential tells me that there is no honor on the battlefield, only honor in what you fight for!

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Ya just like Ryu in SF 4, a lot of people play him so it's that much harder to mindgame and punish. Anyways if you really want to prove that your character is the best and can win.. then win simple as that.. no character johns.

nickcam

Smash Ace
Sonic vs. Marth; $20 MM. Come by sometime. Or we'll come down sometime. Either way.

unless u just trollin'
No offense buddy but ud get ***** for free. Ur placing top 10 in 10 person tournies is nothing to be proud of

Fraser

Smash Journeyman
HAI GAIZ! I placed fourth with only ROB in a WC tourney does that make me the best ROB in Canada? no? I thought not Lumsys

Mikey7

Smash Lord
Sonic vs. Marth; $20 MM. Come by sometime. Or we'll come down sometime. Either way.

unless u just trollin'
I would go 50 or 100, but I would never waste my time going to wc lol, only person worth playing over there is superboom (and minus :laugh::laugh::laugh:), and I'm just making that judgement off the fact that he beat minus + is **** at 64 which is the best smash game ever - I don't even practice the game anymore and it would still be an easy victory

I would rather go Dedede, so much easier to scrub you out that way instead of putting in effort....but relaly would still be an easy victory with Marth but I would have to put in some type of work.

@killock - glad to know that you took the time out to read my posts in an east coast thread ; )

@ kage - in Brawl its like...ridiculous trying to play with any non viable character. You just can't do it vs anyone good lol. I'm pretty sure you knew this. Also I know this is the worst thread ever and its just so dumb, so I just go in here to make fun of everyone ; )

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Ya I'm aware of that, just like Pichu gets killed by anyone in melee.. the character balance in both games is pretty much the same.. not there.. well just like any fighting games. =P It's impossible to balance a fighting game.

I wouldn't count on a win for free, I wouldn't underestimate anyone while I play, that goes for you guys too. What if he becomes someone under the radar or underrated and then from there becomes a top player. Who the **** knows the potential of someone.. potential is determined by how much you love the game, by how much you want to learn from your mistakes and how much you love competition.. etc. etc. there's more factors too.

Anyways, TL:DR: be careful what you do because it can become a slap in the face after.. hahaha!

zeriph

Smash Journeyman
HAI GAIZ! I placed fourth with only ROB in a WC tourney does that make me the best ROB in Canada? no? I thought not Lumsys
Except there's no argument against Holy being the best ROB. Some players have said he's the best ROB in the world even, so there's no way to debate it. In the case with Llumys and Tinman, because of limited results as well as regional skill level + bias, the only thing we can go on is the opinion of a 3rd party. Minus and Swordgard have supplied that already.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
I agree with Mikey on the note that East Coast has a much more skilled competitive region than West Coast Canada. Firefly only places because it's Alberta, and not Ontario or Quebec. We're probably around the same level, maybe Firefly is more consistent because of how much more practice he's entitled to have. But, Ontario/Quebec>Alberta/British Columbia/Saskatchewan. Our top players would demolish West Coast's top players because of how much harder our region is, and they've adapted over a period of time. I'm not saying Alphicans or Kill0ck or their top players are necessarily bad, but our region is undeniably more advanced and much more skill is required to place and obtain rankings.
genius' <3

Llumys

Smash Champion
Geniuses*, and I disagree.

Also, why can't anyone get my name right? It's not too complicated.

Anyway, I have shown the best results. On top of that, many top players support me. Weruop, Minus, Swordgard, etc. They have every reason to. From what other people have told me, I'm significantly better than you. Regardless of how I've proven myself, I've done so in a matter far superior to yours.

My name's on the list. If you want to keep on hating, be my guest. It's not going to change anything.

Edit:

Placing badly in Ontario is not necessarily better than placing well in Alberta. Tin Man, your only defense is your region. That's understandable, but your argument is still heavily based on assumptions.

I'm pretty sure that if Weruop thinks I'm the best in Canada, that he's probably right.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
1 weekend gone and I miss 20 pages?!

F*** that. All I'm saying is that after some soul-searching I'm playing Ness again. You won't see me enter a Brawl tourney until Pound 4 though; after which you'll be putting me on this list :laugh:

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Geniuses*, and I disagree.

Also, why can't anyone get my name right? It's not too complicated.

Anyway, I have shown the best results. On top of that, many top players support me. Weruop, Minus, Swordgard, etc. They have every reason to. From what other people have told me, I'm significantly better than you. Regardless of how I've proven myself, I've done so in a matter far superior to yours.

My name's on the list. If you want to keep on hating, be my guest. It's not going to change anything.

Edit:

Placing badly in Ontario is not necessarily better than placing well in Alberta. Tin Man, your only defense is your region. That's understandable, but your argument is still heavily based on assumptions.

I'm pretty sure that if Weruop thinks I'm the best in Canada, that he's probably right.
Just like M2k thinks a certain character is the best in the game? Ya nice logic man. Quit riding your own ****, it's pretty terrible to look at.

Llumys

Smash Champion
Riding my own **** seems rather difficult; I doubt I'm capable.

Regardless, the only reason I'm doing this is 'cause people are hating on me. Instead of ruling my achievements as worthless, why not promote yours as tremendous?

I do agree with you though, Kage. I am being really full of myself, but it's just in defense.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Awesome Yoshi pose for that line, Marik.

Llumys, get some videos of your Olimar, even in a casual setting. I wanna see it since Olimar is a fav character of mine but it was my cousin's territory.

BOB SAGET!

Smash Lord
Llumys enjoy your spot. For now! I still have so much to prove. I think im ready to start. lol, Llumys how r your placings btw. Have u accomplished much?

Llumys

Smash Champion
I have accomplished much, but I don't have the placings to prove it.

I do, on the other hand, have enough placings to claim the best Olimar title, though.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Or how about you Nova Scotians come over to Ontario where there's a lot more transportation viability and a big Smash scene to begin with? :D

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
because spending a night with Zhao on the streets of Hali is much better than spending a night with Zhao on the streets of Toronto ;)

EDIT: obviously mad homo meant in this post.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Spending a night with Zhao is amazing in any place, with that sexy beast Luigi of yours.

:yoshi:

swordgard

Smash Hero
Or how about you Nova Scotians come over to Ontario where there's a lot more transportation viability and a big Smash scene to begin with? :D
Oh yeah, because you guys totally went to other places to play them before.
Ontario should not be asking for what it is unable to do itself : P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom