• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Brawl mains in Canada! 1.0* Updated Nov 26, 09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Llumys

Smash Champion
Tin Man can't just assume he can play well in Edmonton because his region is stronger.

As mentioned before, just because EC's top players could wreck WC's doesn't mean that the lower-ranked players from EC could do the same.

nickcam

Smash Ace
1000 pssh thats change, ur garbage and im gonna show it

lets do this for 5,000
$5000. How cheap are u. MM for 2 ghetto big macs then we'll really see who the best is.
*Edit* Tinman if u can write me a short paragraph explaining what clutch is then you deserve what your asking for.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
He doesn't get top 5. =/

lol sonic
lol yeah. I don't think it counts when he uses sonic, loses, uses DDD, loses, uses MK, wins.
Tin Man can't just assume he can play well in Edmonton because his region is stronger.

As mentioned before, just because EC's top players could wreck WC's doesn't mean that the lower-ranked players from EC could do the same.
Not entirely, but its a safe assumption.

ex: BC > AB. Alberta's best player loses to the 8th~ best of BC.

But that's what makes this list very difficult to do accurately.

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
Wow ace calling me a *****? Over a MM that never even happened?

Okay, do yourself a favour a find a new partner, there's a certain line you don't cross with friendly trashtalk, and you just crossed it.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
All I know is that the only notable person Llumys beat was Frio, and he lost to Superboom's GaW, which is not that great at all.

Do what you want with that.

Hype

Smash Lord
@Doc: I think there was a misunderstanding, Ace thought you were saying you would only do a $500 mm (or at least that what it seems from his post). But if you do drop him as a teammate we should team again.

@Tinman: Maybe you are better than everyone gives you credit for, but you haven't shown it, not yet at least.

kuenzel

Smash Ace
referring to me beating jaske, that was in pools at Super Summer Brawl. I don't think Pools should be completely disregarded btw
There is no way I could have gotten pools information from the results thread and take them into account. You know why I couldn't?
TO's don't keep/post pools information, because they mean next to nothing.
People sandbag in pools. with the exception of Havok, all tourneys I've been to since OiN a year ago eliminated at most the bottom of every pool, which always manages to be the nobodies going to their first tournament.
The fact that you used Olimar against Jaske means you likely were in no danger of being eliminated.

Long story short?
Pools = Friendlies that determine seeding

YES THAT IS WRONG, I USED OLIMAR AND ROB IN TwoSeven=Win, I TOOK A SET OF AVARICE WITH HIM, AND I ALSO USED HIM IN SUPER SUMMER BRAWL AS WELL AS ICE CLIMBERS WHOM I HAVE DROPPED
How was I supposed to know that? And besides, are you trying to say in the only bracket set you won in the first tournament you ever went to, you played your secondary? The whole set?

So yes, Pownz and iliad were incorect in the documentation of my mains.
How was Illiad wrong? He put ROB/Olimar...

ok that is a BS assumption, I also use ICs at this tourney, I took a set off Wolfblade with Olimar
A SET or a MATCH? you can't take "a set" off of someone, you either win it our you don't. You sure yo didn't play ROB against him once? Wolfblade's no joke.

Wrong again
What am I wrong in saying? That you're a decent ROB player?

I would like to see how Llumys proves he can do better then I have in the GTAN.
Well obviously he can't. He might as well issue the same challenge for his region and it wouldn't prove a thing.

There aren't many Olimar mains, and regardless of whom it is, weather it is Llumys (which it isn't)(psst. Your bias is showing) or it is me, the best Olimar main is a decent player at most anyways, realize that.
Soo you're saying because Olimar mains are mediocre, and you are mediocre, that it makes you the best Olimar?

Or unless you play them in brackets/pools.
Any TO who has half a brain knows how to seed pools properly with the best so that no one who should make it out of pools is in danger.
You're Havok seeding proved the same with brackets. If Holy sends you to losers, you'll be matched up with people who placed bottom seed so you can still pull off 13th.

You missed a lot infact ;)
Please tell me what I missed from the data that was available to me.

All in all, if I take your word that all this "I took a set off of x with Olimar" is true, You still only won a grand total of two sets, none of which were against PR ranked members. Pools count for nothing because they are not recorded and not taken seriously like bracket matches.
I just get the impression that you're placing okay with ROB then turning around and saying "I secondary Olimar and no one else plays him so I am the best in Canada!!!11 Llumys? EC>>>>>>WC lolscrubs so I am the best."

He MAINS Olimar and places good. Most people from your own region didn't even know you secondaried Olimar, how can you expect all of Canada to recognize you as the best? You've only been to three tourneys. Try going to a few more and placing good with JUST Olimar. Then this might be open for discussion.

zeriph

Smash Journeyman
The Two Seven = Win results are slightly skewered because it says you beat Mikey, but he dropped out of brackets.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Joe does not qualify for best olimar, he does not use him in tourney.

After having played Llumys on wifi today, I can tell you with a 99% accuracy that he is better than tinman. Tinman, you currently have a tendency to overestimate what you can do based on friendlies, which is a super big problem. Until you have some high ranked results like llumys, you cannot in any way say that you are better. Now, not only this, but in terms of game play you simply do not compare to llumys. You roll all over the place and still reflex jump, and have some huge trouble predicting what I officially dubbed the "center syndrome", and on predicting rolls/airdodges/spotdodges/reflex jump. Llumys still has reflex jump but it is much rarer, has a much easier time landing than you do, and apparently can predict the "center syndrome", including airdodges and rolls. Due to this, he has a way easier time killing than you do. Upon this note, you have to choices. Finally, you can not simply assume that his region is terribly weaker, I could tell you that on average the canadian smasher sucks, but that is besides the point. If you can't reach those top 8 positions, you still need work, since placing at the top is what matter. If you had similar placing, then it would be up for debate, but you never came close to doing what llumys did. Finally, having ally/holy in the tourney does NOT instantly make the tourney 20X harder, that is one person more you will probably lose to. Especially since you have some pretty good players in your region who are comparable to holy (silverdoc and kingace). If you can't place as well as he can, just step it up(everyone should :) ).

On one final note, there are 3 things you can do
A) Continue on arguing that you are underestimated in this thread, and continue on flaming WC and basically provoke llumys into coming here to prove himself, which will result in you looking worst than what you did at the start.
B) Step it up and get results so that llumys does not even compare.
C) Go to WC and prove him your better.

B is the most cost-efficient option by far.

.decoy

Smash Ace
$5000. How cheap are u. MM for 2 ghetto big macs then we'll really see who the best is.
*Edit* Tinman if u can write me a short paragraph explaining what clutch is then you deserve what your asking for.
almost there nick.
ghetto big macs is hype.
but ghetto big macs with DRINKS. that is serius hype.
im talking like, unlimited refill type drinks. you know.

also tin...you a nice guy but. instead of saying that since no one plays olimar you are the best olimar, you should probably just go out, play moar, and be the best olimar..? that strategy is copywritten tho. you can buy the rights for *1* ghetto big mac.

edit: wtf swordgard you posted my method 4 minutes before i got to the thread to write it. thats 2 burgers for copyright infringement on my "how to get tinman to that olimar spot method".

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Man can u just see it my way AKA the right way

There is no way I could have gotten pools information from the results thread and take them into account. You know why I couldn't?
TO's don't keep/post pools information, because they mean next to nothing.
People sandbag in pools. with the exception of Havok, all tourneys I've been to since OiN a year ago eliminated at most the bottom of every pool, which always manages to be the nobodies going to their first tournament.
The fact that you used Olimar against Jaske means you likely were in no danger of being eliminated.

Long story short?
Pools = Friendlies that determine seeding
Pools =/= friendlies, people still play to seed, if no one rally cared about pools then next time I go to a tourney give me 1st seed, they don't count right :chuckle:

How was I supposed to know that? And besides, are you trying to say in the only bracket set you won in the first tournament you ever went to, you played your secondary? The whole set?
1st of all, I have multiple mains, a main isn't just limited to 1 character, I can have 2 or 3, therefore I used my mains only in the tournaments I went to.

How was Illiad wrong? He put ROB/Olimar...
He missed ICs which I used (and mained as well as ROB and Olimar) at the time

A SET or a MATCH? you can't take "a set" off of someone, you either win it our you don't. You sure yo didn't play ROB against him once? Wolfblade's no joke.
if you want the details, it was 2-1, I used rob game 2 and got beat, used olimar game 1 and 3 and won, and yeah I beat the best Lucario with Olimar, Llumys beat the best "who" with Olimar (though so)

What am I wrong in saying? That you're a decent ROB player?
yes u are, I'm a good ROB player ;p

Well obviously he can't. He might as well issue the same challenge for his region and it wouldn't prove a thing.
So since this is inconclusive, why has a conclusion been reached?

Soo you're saying because Olimar mains are mediocre, and you are mediocre, that it makes you the best Olimar?
U misenterpreted that, I don't think any Olimar in Canada is top 10 in Canada material (for now)

Any TO who has half a brain knows how to seed pools properly with the best so that no one who should make it out of pools is in danger.
You're Havok seeding proved the same with brackets. If Holy sends you to losers, you'll be matched up with people who placed bottom seed so you can still pull off 13th.
none the less, I still have harder competition than Llumys

Please tell me what I missed from the data that was available to me.
I've been telling you this whole time which every post of your I have to CORRECT

All in all, if I take your word that all this "I took a set off of x with Olimar" is true, You still only won a grand total of two sets, none of which were against PR ranked members.
And who did Llumys beat that can be considered a PR ranked member over here?

Pools count for nothing because they are not recorded and not taken seriously like bracket matches.
Next time u go to a tourney, don't even play pools, get 4th seed, they don't matter right

I just get the impression that you're placing okay with ROB then turning around and saying "I secondary Olimar and no one else plays him so I am the best in Canada!!!11 Llumys? EC>>>>>>WC lolscrubs so I am the best."
Olimar is one of my MAINS, and EC is better then WC

He MAINS Olimar and places good.
in WC

Most people from your own region didn't even know you secondaried Olimar
Once again, he is one of my mains, and common, we don't really know each other, the people I've played, and talked to know I use Olimar.

how can you expect all of Canada to recognize you as the best?
Because of the arguments I'm making right now

You've only been to three tourneys.
More than Llumys

Try going to a few more and placing good with JUST Olimar. Then this might be open for discussion.
This has already been opened for discussion, and it isn't closed yet, not until that best olimar position is changed, I've done everything I needed to do. Convinced now Kuenzy?

Frio

Smash Champion
I don't agree with Tin man being the new Olimar but I do think the position should be left vacant. And lrn manners Llums.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
...I AM THE BEST OLIMAR.

But seriously... Why the hell is the so much debate over a character that pretty much only TWO people use in all of Canada, both of which are decent at best? This has pretty much come to an end.

I agree with kuenzel. Swordgard pretty much closed this entire pointless arguement.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Lol basing stuff off friendlies, I don't tell stories, I tell facts. u have some cool stories though :ohwell:
Ahah, point is, judging yourself is hard. When you place high enough and spend enough time writing on this game to be actually able to understand what a pro does, you can judge better how people play. Not only this, but the rest still applies. Finally beating best lucario does not mean much if he doesn't place at the top either. Beating 2nd best snake in EC is worth like 20X more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom