• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Brawl mains in Canada! 1.0* Updated Nov 26, 09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Llumys

Smash Champion
30+ hours, including the heat everyone was effected by, and the lack of practice the day before, regardless of what game it was. :p

Also, nickcam, I doubt it.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I guarentee any top 10 player from the EC would beat every player from the WC.
HAH. LMAO Fat chance. WC isn't as chump as you might think.

And no, I'm not trying to add heat. WC may be one of the weakest regions, but that's because we don't have as many legit players as other regions.

SuPeRbOoM placed 7th at the last Tourneyplay, which is an American tournament. An American tournament with lots of high-profile players and plenty of heated competition and metagame. MurdaMoe can vouche for Dan too; he's legit and on a higher level then all of us (in Alberta) here. And asides that, TC1 (if I recall, if Boss doesn't use Mario anymore), one of the best Mario players in America and I nearly beat him in our MM while at Genesis. The first match was an almost 2-Stock from my Sonic. I choked for the tourney because I wasn't used to just how much better most others were, but the third day, the heat was turned up. Our meta game and players are solid for how little we are. We play together and get better together. Just like you guys do.

There's good players everywhere. East Coast beats West Coast, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. You guys raep.

If you think for one second you're gonna clean-sweep us though, think again. We're not going quietly, and some of your players can and will be beat. EC isn't invincible, y'know. Just better.

[EDIT]

Every Albertan (including one in BC) tournament I've played in, for Brawl, I've always been in the top 10. Usually I will take a placing like 9th or 7th, but I have also taken 5th for one. Our numbers aren't as large, so take it how you will, but I might as well pitch in what I know and how I do. I plan on doing better and better as I go along, with more Sonic along the way. I know that Alphicans pitched in for me as a panelist, and I know I've got a lot to go up against with so many EC panelists knowing Infzy; so whether things change or not, oh well.

Also, Iliad. That vid was mad legit. LOL

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Hmm. With Kosk retired from Brawl, that makes me the best Ganon main now doesn't it? Or at least runner up.

whatsupray.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Tin Man bringin' some jokes to the table.

Also, I moved this out of the social forum and into the main canada forum.

kuenzel

Smash Ace
I'm serious, change it, its incorrect.
This is hilarious. I'm ending this "debate".
and yeah 1 of my tourneys had Holy in them, and another had ally and holy i it. We have more good players then WC, and I'm so under estimated its stupid, Iliad I bet u think I suck at this game. I'm better then half the people in the scene (GTAN).
We'll see about that.
:urg: unfortunately you are mistaken, seems like I'm going to have to whip out the tourney results
Don't bother, let me do that for you.

Lets see what the search function has to say about "I'm better then half the people in the scene (GTAN)"

TwoSeven=Win- June 2009 http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=239386

13/32
Lost to Decoy, Beat Avericex, Won by default against Mikey because he had to leave early, lost to Phiddlesticks

Super Summer Brawl- July 2009 http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=241961
13/32
Lost to Wolfblade, beat Sheep, beat Sauc3, lost to Raidos.

Havok in the Hammer- August 2009 http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=245389
bracket image- http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/9032/brawlsinglesbracket.gif
13/32
Beat Wolfblade, lost to Holy, beat Haze, lost to Fool.

All other search results were you posting in results threads of tourneys that you didnt place in, I can only assume you didn't enter them.

I did not see this-
add jaske to my list of witness', played him in tourney with olimar as well
-anywhere in the results, unless you're talking about friendlies which, of course, mean nothing.

So lets summurize this data-

-Joined the scene in June 2009
-Gone to 3 tournaments out of a total of 9 in the GTAN since TwoSeven=Win
-Won sets against a total of five people.

According to the results threads you only played ROB for tourney sets in both TwoSeven=Win and Super Summer Brawl. Were these wrong?
Havok, however has you listed as ROB/Olimar. Going under the assumption that the results thread is correct, assuming you took each set to game 3 and only played ROB- your main- in one match in one set, you played a maximum of 3 sets and 3 matches as Olimar, and out of those sets, you only won two of them.
You tell me, is that enough to argue you are the best Olimar in all of CANADA?
The results say you're a decent ROB at most.

And unless you're top 5 on the PR, Ally/Holy being at a tournament is not even close to a legit john for bad placings.

Did I miss anything?

Mikey7

Smash Lord
Where is this "Alphican's is on par with Minus" bs coming from? Being better at only one matchup (ditto) doesn't make things in any way close. I have no clue who your sources are, but they're obviously not thinking objectively. Fool is better than Alphicans by far as well, and he beats me in the ditto too, but he's not better than me. Fool would beat Alphicans in the ditto as well, (this I'm certain of).
I'm not hating on Alphicans, its just the fact that our matchup showed that outside of the Falco ditto he has no way to touch my level of play, as our my Falco vs his Gaw was heavily one sided.

Also, on the subject of EC vs WC. The general skill level of competition in wc is nowhere near that of ec.
Outside of Superboom in the winner's finals and Falco dittos with Alphicans, I was never even close to challenged in the wc, while in the EC I have to play on point in order not to be swept off by the many competent players.

That said, the top 3 in WC would probably not do very well in EC due to inexperience in a harsher metagame. Although given multiple opportunities to compete in EC their chances of flourishing would undoubtedly increase.
The exception to this is that Superboom would probably do pretty well his first time, but would undoubtedly be edged out later in bracket. Probably placing somewhere around 5th or so.

Being the only person who's actually been to both places, I'd say anyone else trying to make judgement calls on the relativity of abilities is speaking from out of nowhere.
I would beat all 3 of you suckaz in the ditto ; )

edit: rofl at Karaudo "we're not bad, but I play sonic and get top 5"
lol @ sonic higher than top 10

edit2: kuenzel what a post lol

The_Fool

Smash Apprentice
I would beat all 3 of you suckaz in the ditto ; )
I would challenge you but we would have to get rid of the timer and schedule a day where we were totaly free.
It could take a while...

*pew pew*

Frio

Smash Champion
Seriously. I'm not trying to hate. But saying you deserve it because you "proved" yourself in one tourney isn't really enough. The only higher level players ( For WC btw lol) you beat was me. And you didn't even vs dans snake.

nickcam

Smash Ace
Jesus christ kuenzel u did all that research lol. Just change the name of the list to EC brawl mains cause wc only got the uneccessary ones

Tin Man

Smash Hero
TwoSeven=Win- June 2009 http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=239386

13/32
Lost to Decoy, Beat Avericex, Won by default against Mikey because he had to leave early, lost to Phiddlesticks

Super Summer Brawl- July 2009 http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=241961
13/32
Lost to Wolfblade, beat Sheep, beat Sauc3, lost to Raidos.

Havok in the Hammer- August 2009 http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=245389
bracket image- http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/9032/brawlsinglesbracket.gif
13/32
Beat Wolfblade, lost to Holy, beat Haze, lost to Fool.

All other search results were you posting in results threads of tourneys that you didnt place in, I can only assume you didn't enter them.
I did not see this
referring to me beating jaske, that was in pools at Super Summer Brawl

So lets summurize this data-

-Joined the scene in June 2009
-Gone to 3 tournaments out of a total of 9 in the GTAN since TwoSeven=Win
-Won sets against a total of five people.
I don't think Pools should be completely disregarded btw

According to the results threads you only played ROB for tourney sets in both TwoSeven=Win and Super Summer Brawl. Were these wrong?
YES THAT IS WRONG, I USED OLIMAR AND ROB IN TwoSeven=Win, I TOOK A SET OF AVARICE WITH HIM, AND I ALSO USED HIM IN SUPER SUMMER BRAWL AS WELL AS ICE CLIMBERS WHOM I HAVE DROPPED

So yes, Pownz and iliad were incorect in the documentation of my mains.

Havok, however has you listed as ROB/Olimar. Going under the assumption that the results thread is correct, assuming you took each set to game 3 and only played ROB- your main- in one match in one set, you played a maximum of 3 sets and 3 matches as Olimar, and out of those sets, you only won two of them.
ok that is a BS assumption, I also use ICs at this tourney, I took a set off Wolfblade with Olimar

You tell me, is that enough to argue you are the best Olimar in all of CANADA?
The results say you're a decent ROB at most.
Wrong again, I would like to see how Llumys proves he can do better then I have in the GTAN. There aren't many Olimar mains, and regardless of whom it is, weather it is Llumys (which it isn't) or it is me, the best Olimar main is a decent player at most anyways, realize that.

And unless you're top 5 on the PR, Ally/Holy being at a tournament is not even close to a legit john for bad placings.
Or unless you play them in brackets/pools.

Did I miss anything?
You missed a lot infact ;)

Cyan_

Smash Lord
actually I played sauga Joe (fool)'s oli in Dimmy's basement tourney

was pretty **** got me to 1 stock low/mid percent

and I was doing so good that tourney too, got 1st/2nd with kingace there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom