• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Behold! The King of Evil has been Chosen!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
It was those "Ledgedrop > DJ > Aerudos > ON stage"
that made me give you the award.

How many times in a row can you pull that **** off?

I tried it for like 20 minutes when you first found it, but I never even succeeded once, lulz.

"Flipman'ing" is heIIa easy compared to that **** :|
When I'm using it in serious matches, I mix it up with all of Ganon's oter ledge options, so I don't attempt it multiple times in a row. When I do try it, I usually get it on the second try, it's not that hard when you figure out the timing. I do wonder, though, if PAL has anything to do with it, as I don't know the differences between PAL and NTSC. Flipman'ing is getting easier for me as well, not to mention all the other "DJ'd aerials onto stage"

While I do not question Inui's abilities as a Ganon player, he johns way too hard to deserve anything other than Inui tier. There shall be no assortment of johns from anyone who thinks he can call himself a man.

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
Unmanly rant... Okkkkkk =S Your post is clearly telling me to 'relax' when all i'm doing is just pointing out that I don't take this game seriously. Whatevs.

Also, cal, fwuck right off yeh?
You mad? Shouldn't be. I just think your Ganon is good and could be better if you wanted to be which you don't and it seems that you think that the moment your not getting smashed and having ganon dittos, the game isn't fun anymore which isn't true. Am I wrong? Certainly don't deserve to be told to fwuck off, that's for sure. :/

Also if you're wondering why I'm posting here in the first place, I saw a facebook link which lead me straight to this forum.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
No smashboards thread, didn't make it out of brackets..
LOL. Oh and 14th out of like 28 with Doubles.

PEACE7

Smash Champion
Best Male Dorf:Vermanubis
Combo Kings: Vermanubis
Most Aggro: Vermanubis
Most Technical: Vermanubis
Manliest dorf: Vermanubis
Best techchaser: Vermanubis
The Professor dorf: Vermanubis
Best DI: Vermanubis
Flashiest Ganons:Vermanubis
Untouchable (Best Spacing): Vermanubis
Best Mindgames: Vermanubis

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
If this doesn't start picking up soon, I'm going to just take the liberty myself to pick the KoE. <_>

No one seems motivated to strive for the spot themselves, and no one has spoken up about who they'd like to elect and why.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I just feel like that's sort of a... weird way to get an election lol. x_X

But if that's true, DOES anyone have any objections to me being put in this spot? I personally think a bit more of a fight should be put up about it, but if no one disagrees, I guess there's not much I can do. ._.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
I just feel like that's sort of a... weird way to get an election lol. x_X

But if that's true, DOES anyone have any objections to me being put in this spot? I personally think a bit more of a fight should be put up about it, but if no one disagrees, I guess there's not much I can do. ._.
I object to it.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Good!

Speak your objections, good sir.
Once again, I'll stress the importance of empirical data in a situation like this. For instance, our King MUST have a consistent tournament record of ADEQUATE placings. By no means am I insulting you, but you don't impress me in that regard.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Once again, I'll stress the importance of empirical data in a situation like this. For instance, our King MUST have a consistent tournament record of ADEQUATE placings. By no means am I insulting you, but you don't impress me in that regard.
No, I understand. I encourage you to stress these things. But (here's the part where I defend my honor), I have a track record of beating well-known players in friendlies, MMs and tourney matches, place higher than most (if not all) other Ganons in a region that is Falco and MK heavy and with one more defeat of a ranked player, am bound to 10th place on NE's PRs. In addition to our region's top-tier heaviness, we have no ranked players but Snakes, MKs and Falcos. Well, one ZSS, but we've yet to play in tourney.

This is how it should be. Your turn. xP

Noobicidal

Smash Master
No, I understand. I encourage you to stress these things. But (here's the part where I defend my honor), I have a track record of beating well-known players, in friendlies, MMs and tourney matches, place higher than most (if not all) other Ganons in a region that is Falco and MK heavy and with one more defeat of a ranked player, am bound to 10th place on NE's PRs.

This is how it should be. Your turn. xP
Besides your most recent tournament, care to post a few threads showing your tournament prowess and proof that you're "bound to be" 10th place on your local PR? I'm not doubting you, but I am exceptionally lazy in looking up this information myself.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
PRs aren't determined by placings. They're determined by who you beat and who beats you. So far in tournament, I've beaten some of NE's most noteworthy players, while only losing to a small handful of unranked MKs and ranked Falcos. My ranking will be based off of whom I beat in tourney, whom I lost to, money matches won, and a general consensus amongst our panelists.

But placings do kind of count. I can't find the old tournament threads for my not-so-recent tournaments, but most recently they've been 13/33 and 9/29, both at the largest tourneys NE has had in the past 6 months. Also, a 3/9 placing that was yesterday. It was a small tourney, but not a scrub one. Most recently, I've lost only to two of our ranked Falcos.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=281169 - DNA

The thread for Souper Bowl #3 should be up soon.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
PRs aren't determined by placings.
I never implied that they were. I just asked for evidence showing that you'll soon be 10th on your local PR.

But placings do kind of count. I can't find the old tournament threads for my not-so-recent tournaments, but most recently they've been 13/33 and 9/29, both at the largest tourneys NE has had in the past 6 months. Also, a 3/9 placing that was yesterday. It was a small tourney, but not a scrub one.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=281169 - DNA

The thread for Souper Bowl #3 should be up soon.
Do you have anything or anyone that can vouch for these other tournaments? Also, can you give the names of the top players in your region that you've beaten (and preferably a bracket or video showing this)?

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Could you post some matches of the players you have beaten? I mean like matches where they do good.
If I can get the owner of the Wii to send them, yes. I think the matches I have are of me versus Almo, one of our panelists, in a MM, and versus Peachkid in tourney yesterday. Both reputable players.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I never implied that they were. I just asked for evidence showing that you'll soon be 10th on your local PR.

You did. "care to post a few threads showing your tournament prowess and proof that you're"

Do you have anything or anyone that can vouch for these other tournaments? Also, can you give the names of the top players in your region that you've beaten (and preferably a bracket or video showing this)?
Yes. To avoid digging through brackets and such, I'll get a few of NE's players to come and vouch for me.

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
Woah. I like the whole way this thread has gone in the past two pages. Noob and Tero are like some sort of job scouts or something the way they're going through these questions. Maybe we can get Clai or Z1G to come in and give you a run for your money, Verm.

Maybe we can compile each candidate's accomplishments in an easy to read format, because when I read Verm's stuff it's all well and good, but if someone wants to contest him for the top spot it would be somewhat hard (at least annoying) to compare attributes.

:034:

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
Nah I talked to Tempest too, he said you're awesome.
So are you gonna be in the PR?

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Nah I talked to Tempest too, he said you're awesome.
So are you gonna be in the PR?
Most likely, yes. I spoke with four of our panelists, and I was told my record so far was good enough to justify 10th if I can maintain consistency until the next ranking period (Late August)

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
I vote for Verm.
No other Ganon reached what he has reached. He was able to place top 3 in tourneys with actually good people in it. He was able to defeat awesome players like Ninjalink. He was able to gp close with a lot of other people like Will. People class him as the people like San and X, who **** with a low tier character. Ive heard people say that if he played a high tier we'd all be screwed.
Kalm had decent wifi results but not a lot more. Most other Ganosn don't have the best regions or have hard time even making it out of poules. Verm, I hope you'll never quit playing Ganon.

And btw, that idea with that jar and those souls is awesome. You should so do that.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Wow. O_O

Thanks, Doom and Smash. I really appreciate it, you guys. And for the record, that tourney where I got third, did have mostly good players, but it was fairly small.

With that, does anyone else have any objections? Alternate choices?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom