• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Behold! The King of Evil has been Chosen!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Originally Posted by DLA

I personally wouldn't vote myself for the King of Evil since I rarely play Ganon in tournaments anymore, but still, I'm a bit butthurt right now D: I don't think I saw my name once in this thread (except for best Red Dorf once)

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
I don't get it? I play Ganon in tournaments for matchups in which I feel more confident with Ganon.

Unfortunately, since most of my tournament matches (the important ones anyway) are against a top tier character who butt****s Ganon, I'm probably going to use a secondary for that matchup.

Why would I needlessly subject myself to a piss-awful matchup? For pride? Sorry if I want to play with an ounce of competitiveness.

I consider myself a Ganon main because he is the character that I perform the best with, relative to the character's actual potential. Unfortunately, Ganon doesn't have nearly as much potential as the top tier characters, so my relative ability to win those matchups with Ganondorf doesn't bring me close enough to win those high tier matchups when compared to, say, my relative ability to win with MK. That's the way Ganon was designed, unfortunately.

TL;DR - I consider myself a Smasher before I consider myself a Ganon main.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I agree DLA needs some more love. He's a great Ganon. But at the same time, while I totally understand you feeling left out, there are more graceful ways to go about this than stating your "illustrious" tournament placings. That makes you look more starved for attention than anything.

No one here has forgotten you, man. Not by a long shot. But you don't rep Ganon that much anymore to my knowledge and you're rarely active here.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Well your first post says that we should post our qualifications if we want to be considered for the King of Evil... so I stated my tournament placings. And since most Ganons don't seem to go to a lot of tournaments, I think "illustrious" is a great way to describe my tournament history. I probably don't deserve the "King of Evil" title due to my inactivity on these boards, but who knows, someone might want to vote for me due to the rep I've given Ganon offline.

It's not that I'm starved for attention... I just feel my accomplishments seem to have gone unnoticed, and I was a bit disappointed I guess. And even though I don't rep Ganon in tournaments anymore, I still use him in most friendlies I play and 100% of $MM's I play.

When I go OOS to play, my friendlies and $MMs get hella hyped (like MLG Cbus for example). Most people who know who I am beforehand don't even know that I stopped using Ganon in tournaments. They just know me as that pro Ganon player who ***** them in friendlies.

So basically, I still rep Ganon offline; it's just that I don't spend money to do it anymore.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Well your first post says that we should post our qualifications if we want to be considered for the King of Evil... so I stated my tournament placings. And since most Ganons don't seem to go to a lot of tournaments, I think "illustrious" is a great way to describe my tournament history. I probably don't deserve the "King of Evil" title due to my inactivity, but who knows, someone might want to vote for me due to the rep I've given Ganon offline.

It's not that I'm starved for attention... I just feel my accomplishments seem to have gone unnoticed, and I was a bit disappointed I guess. And even though I don't rep Ganon in tournaments anymore, I still use him in most friendlies I play and 100% of $MM's I play.

When I go OOS to play, my friendlies and $MMs get hella hyped (like MLG Cbus for example). Most people who know who I am beforehand don't even know that I stopped using Ganon in tournaments. They just know me as that pro Ganon player who ***** them in friendlies.
I said what I did just because it seemed you stated your placings for reasons aside from submitting for the induction since it seemed a bit rushed and panicked. But I understand where you're coming from. But you also have to remember that spending money is how you rep a character. It's that you put something of worth on the line out of confidence/dedication. That's why friendlies and MMs don't get taken into account for PRs.

But trust me, you don't go unnoticed. Everyone still recognizes you as one of the Ganon greats, no doubt about it. But the mixture of inactivity and lack of Ganon rep is what I'd attribute to the lack of mention.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Wow I'm glad this snake main is here to offer his brilliant insight...

anyways, you're right, not sure what I hoped to accomplish by posting this... I'll try to visit this board more often because I still want to be part of the Ganon community.

One thing I don't necessarily agree with, however, is that spending money is a prerequisite of repping a character. It's the most effective way for sure. But good placings at tournaments usually rep the player, not the character. I think playing a lot of friendlies and $MMs, and showing a wide variety of players what Ganon is capable of, is a great way to rep the character itself.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Us Ganons definitely need to place more in tournaments. We should have a thread dedicated to alerting people to tournaments and which Ganons are showing up.

On topic, I've been having way too much trouble finding matches of Ray Kalm. Also, DLA, Kalm is retired? That explains a lack of recent matches. Definitely leaning towards either Verm or DLA then. Closer to DLA, as I share his sentiment regarding secondaries, while I find going straight Ganon in a tournament just silly. I'm not going to play the IC, Sheik, or Olimar matchups, ever, for any reason whatsoever. Verm, your sentiment seems to be play those matchups anyways and thus throw the tournament.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Us Ganons definitely need to place more in tournaments. We should have a thread dedicated to alerting people to tournaments and which Ganons are showing up.

On topic, I've been having way too much trouble finding matches of Ray Kalm. Also, DLA, Kalm is retired? That explains a lack of recent matches. Definitely leaning towards either Verm or DLA then. Closer to DLA, as I share his sentiment regarding secondaries, while I find going straight Ganon in a tournament just silly. I'm not going to play the IC, Sheik, or Olimar matchups, ever, for any reason whatsoever. Verm, your sentiment seems to be play those matchups anyways and thus throw the tournament.
It's because I'm confident I can beat them. I've beaten ranked ICs before, beaten Olis and Sheiks. I know I'm capable of taking on every MU in the game, even if very slim chances. I'm about as confident as a Ganon can be. My mentality is that Ganon is disadvantaged, but that with proper playing, any MU can be won. This is the mentality that has won me matches and sets I'd dare any other Ganon to match.

The way I see it, unless you're winning enough money to justify the time and money spent going to a tournament, to just stick with Ganon. To date, I don't know of a single Ganon who has won money with a secondary. At least, not a good amount. I know DLA placed 5th as MK, but that's not exactly big money, if any at all. Call it what you will, but devotion to the 'Dorf is the name of my game. I'm in it for the fight.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
I have the mentality that I'm trash and that I'm just gonna try as hard as I can.
And I end up being trash and doing maybe a bit decent.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I have the mentality that I'm trash and that I'm just gonna try as hard as I can.
And I end up being trash and doing maybe a bit decent.
Anyone can be godly. It's a matter of dedication and confidence, man. When playing Ganon, you can't view your losses as Ganon's fault, even if against ICs. No MU is unwinnable, so if a Ganon main loses, they have to find a way to win.

That's what makes a good Ganon, and hell, any good player in general.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
DLA, you silly little 'Dorf.
Of course you're one of the best Ganons around.
I forgot to mention you in my last post (or was it the post before that?).

Also, I gave you the award: "Best Fair-user", so don't say you didn't get any awards.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Anyone can be godly. It's a matter of dedication and confidence, man. When playing Ganon, you can't view your losses as Ganon's fault, even if against ICs. No MU is unwinnable, so if a Ganon main loses, they have to find a way to win.

That's what makes a good Ganon, and hell, any good player in general.
I don't blame Ganon for losses. I blame myself.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I'm definitely on the side of Verm. I mean, this guy'd probably play the ICs on Final Destination as Ganon if he had to. And possibly win. Inspired me to drop Snake, and I'm thinking of dropping D3 as well. 'Cause we can win those 100:0s.

(Also, entirely off-topic, I really need to get an avatar so I look like less of a scrub. Only forum I don't have one on.)

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
I'm definitely on the side of Verm. I mean, this guy'd probably play the ICs on Final Destination as Ganon if he had to. And possibly win. Inspired me to drop Snake, and I'm thinking of dropping D3 as well. 'Cause we can win those 100:0s.
Then it's clearly not a 100-0.

Zeallyx

In theory, nothing is 100:0, rather, more realistically 95:5.

Also, contribute more than one sentence posts, please. It's honestly getting annoying see you spam the boards with mindless one-liners. Thanks.
Then dont say it is 100-0.

Terodactyl Yelnats

Smash Ace
NNID
Perseids_Tero
Then dont say it is 100-0.
Match-ups are rounded to the nearest factor of five. Realistically speaking Ice Climbers vs Ganon is like 99:01 in the Ice Climbers favor. They round them down to 100:0 because that keeps the Match-up table looking simpler.

Unless you're the Pikachu boards who give 63.5:36.5 ratios that's how they work.

Zeallyx

Match-ups are rounded to the nearest factor of five. Realistically speaking Ice Climbers vs Ganon is like 99:01 in the Ice Climbers favor. They round them down to 100:0 because that keeps the Match-up table looking simpler.

Unless you're the Pikachu boards who give 63.5:36.5 ratios that's how they work.
For Virm, I'll go in depth, so this wont be a one sentance post.

Yes, even though you acted like a **** to me without a good reason I still <3 u. no homo.

Then the pikachu boards are doing it right. But, offcourse, for the matchup table, seeing 100-0 doesnt take away ones reasonable mind. So 100-0 is justified as we arent idiots.

So I understand what you said, and I understand the reasoning. And in practice, 100-0 is alright, but, when we really break it down, which is what we should do, and actually are doing, in the matchup discussions, 100-0 just isnt right, for the sole reason of there always beeing a chance for the '0' one to win. This fact stands because of said character's ability to deal damage.

So, it seems the pikachu boards are doing it right, as detail is always a plus. But, on the other hand, as we arent idiots, why wouldnt we just round it up to to 100-0?

Its all about how you look at it, I guess.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386

Yes, even though you acted like a **** to me without a good reason I still <3 u. no homo.

Then the pikachu boards are doing it right. But, offcourse, for the matchup table, seeing 100-0 doesnt take away ones reasonable mind. So 100-0 is justified as we arent idiots.

So I understand what you said, and I understand the reasoning. And in practice, 100-0 is alright, but, when we really break it down, which is what we should do, and actually are doing, in the matchup discussions, 100-0 just isnt right, for the sole reason of there always beeing a chance for the '0' one to win. This fact stands because of said character's ability to deal damage.

So, it seems the pikachu boards are doing it right, as detail is always a plus. But, on the other hand, as we arent idiots, why wouldnt we just round it up to to 100-0?

Not in-depth, just drawn out and off-topic. Leave, please.

Zeallyx

Not in-depth, just drawn out and off-topic. Leave, please.
You were asking for drawn out.

As my previous posts in here were short, but to the point.

Dont hate on what ya ask for.

But this unanswered love I have for you is starting to sting.

Terodactyl Yelnats

Smash Ace
NNID
Perseids_Tero
I didn't act like a phallus towards anyone. Somebody who can't even spot a little droll humor then counter-insults something I never even meant is someone I'd prefer not to be in the Ganon boards anymore.

Zeallyx

I didn't act like a phallus towards anyone. Somebody who can't even spot a little droll humor then counter-insults something I never even meant is someone I'd prefer not to be in the Ganon boards anymore.
I assume that's me. Nice.

But when did I insult you?

Edit: The second sentance in this post:

was directed at virmanubis, if that is what you meant.

Terodactyl Yelnats

Smash Ace
NNID
Perseids_Tero
Well you did quote my post when you said that. You even argued with it and you want me to think that one random sentence in there was directed towards Verm?

Zeallyx

Just ignore him, I already reported him. Anyone who argues with an idiot will just look like an idiot as well. I advise you guys just report him so he leaves.
alright.

Well you did quote my post when you said that. You even argued with it and you want me to think that one random sentence in there was directed towards Verm?
The first two sentances were directed at virmanubis. I though it was clear by writing his name in the way I did.

I guess it didnt. My bad, my apolgies.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Thank you.

Will do. =)
Alright, sounds good.

Glad to have you, Knee.

We're all a bunch of goofy-*** mother****ers here, and are rarely SERIOUS, so don't think you have to be up-tight about your posts. Just make sure when you do, there is, as you say, essence to it. :p Have fun, be yourself.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
I just want to clarify something that no one seems to realize when talking about 100:0 matchups...

Just because a character has a 0% chance to win (according to a matchup chart) doesn't mean he has no chance to win. If his chance to win is less than 0.5% (1 out of 200), then it rounds down to 0%. Obviously, no character has an impossible matchup. But it's feasible that a character can win less than once out of 200 matches against another character. Whether any matchups like that exist is another question.

In my opinion, Ganon doesn't have any 0:100 matchups (or 0.5:99.5 matchups). Against icies, he can barely do anything except punish mistakes. A top level IC player makes very few mistakes obviously. But a lot of Ganons don't realize that they have a few things going for them in this matchup: mainly, Ganon is really hard to chaingrab (one of the toughest in the game). It won't matter too much if you're fighting a top level IC player, because they will drop very few CGs (if any) no matter which character it is. But if you're fighting a mid/high level IC player, you actually have a pretty decent chance of winning. And if you do beat one, it was probably because:

- they dropped a lot of chaingrabs, and/or
- they didn't play gay enough

Which brings me to my second point... a lot of ICs are going to make the mistake that Ganon can't do anything against them, even if they don't play really gay. But really, all it takes is a whiffed grab (which is easy to bait if the IC player doesn't use his ganon-proof grab setups), and they're going to get stomped, Nana's going to pop up in the air, Ganon will separate them, get Nana off the stage, and gimp her (which he's really good at BTW).

Now don't get me wrong, my last point doesn't change my view on the actual matchup, because a savvy ice climbers will be deathly afraid of Ganon, and they'll have no problem playing very gay so they don't have to face their fears. Which is why it's still Ganon's worst matchup. I don't think it's 0:100 though, because I think in a set of 100 games, the best IC player will make enough mistakes in at least 1-2 games to get punished enough times to lose those 1-2 games against the best Ganon player.

Ugh this post was way too long, and it was absolutely unnecessary. I had to get it out of my system though lol.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
What's irritating is the fact that without Blizzard, they wouldn't be nearly as hard.
Same goes for Falco's Laser :/

Ganon is just all wrong.

In most Fighting Games, characters with a lot of good projectiles or long range-attacks,
are normaly worse in Close Combat.
And characters without projectiles and long range-attacks, are normaly godly in Close Combat.

Ganon's Character Balance is weird. He sux at both types of combat.
It is balanced up with his great use of items and his awesome taunts :|

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Well, Luigi can attack with his Dtaunt.
Why doesn't Ganon's Dtaunt work that way :|

Breezy

Smash Ace
"Most Talented at Wi-Fi: Vermanubis (someone else take this spot. I used to be good at WiFi, but I'm garbage on it now)"

Hobs is really good at Wifi. He can buffer strings really well.

And Breezy is the master when it comes to taking advantage of Delay.
(Gerudo -> Murder Rail + Clash -> Fsmash.
I heard he's good offline, too, though.
I dont care if this is a month late, but I've landed that offline too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom