• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BEAST - Jan 6-9 - ARMADA, Amsah, Ice. Hack's KIRBY!

Dr_Strangelove

Smash Journeyman
what on earth was that at the beginning of ice vs pasi?! at the risk of looking ********, was someone actually controlling that marth or was it TAS? if it isn't that's genuinely scary.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Ice was just warming up (haha) for his match. There was 30 seconds of that weird stuff, so I cut it down to 5 secs for the viewers' protection. Hope it wasn't still too much.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Winners final is up.

Losers final will be up in 2 hours or so when it finishes uploading and processing. That's one sheik ditto you don't want to miss!
Now going to sleep, school starts again tomorrow.

Retroking2000

Smash Master
also, how come you CP'd DL as falco?

just curious.

I was thinking the same

after seeing the WF wow the edgeguarding is tough on amsah , armada throws a turnip ( amsah nairs or jumps over it / possible grabs it ) armada can float out bair or grab the ledge and punish the upb lag

its so gay its brilliant

he should have went fox again though probably did in GF xD

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
edit: yo amsah, how come you never take the edge vs armada when he's recovering sort of low?
I don't know what you're talking about exactly, but it's probably because I'm too scared. I've tried punishing him before, but it's not as easy as it looks and if you screw up he rips you apart.

tl;dr

I suck.

also, how come you CP'd DL as falco?

just curious.
English please..lol

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
^lol I'm still feverish leave me alone..:redface:

Honestly, I caught myself wondering the same thing when I watched it just now..lol

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Amsah vs Pasi was only recorded with a Dazzle, which apparently dropped frames even more than my recordings. Also the frame order is pretty screwed. I may not be able to save it...

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
just upload the bad file on someone else's account :p
It's pretty much unwatchable in its current condition.

After an hour of work I got 10 seconds to look "ok". If I can somehow speed this up by a lot (atm requires pretty much frame-by-frame analysis manually), there may still be hope for these matches.
It all depends on how reliably I can "machine read" the timer. The way my capture dropped frames it was easy to auto-fix the read errors afterwards, but the Dazzle jumps back and forth and makes much bigger jumps.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
DL64 is a good stage for falco vs peach. He has the room to maneuver in general, and if peach is floating above lasers she can't just instantly fall down with a fair on him (while on smaller stages its a lot easier to corner falco). The platforms are also a nice height for falco's combo game. The high middle platform is also nice for camping peach in general, as she doesn't have a reliable and safe way to get up there.

I thought amsah picked it because of that :p Instead, sounds like even he doesn't have a reason :(

Good stuff amsah, watching those matches made me want to see you play NTSC vs armada >_>

unknown522

Some guy
I don't know what you're talking about exactly, but it's probably because I'm too scared. I've tried punishing him before, but it's not as easy as it looks and if you screw up he rips you apart.

tl;dr

I suck.

English please..lol
yeah, I figured it was because you were afraid of him, but I had to ask to make sure. I hate losing stocks for messing up as well, but you gotta build confidence from somewhere.

Also to clarify what I was saying; I meant whenever he was recovering from sort of low (or going for the ledge), you would stay on the stage (or jump off) and either try to hit him, or throw needles.

the times I noticed were:

- 3:51
- 4:58
- 8:14
- 8:31
- 11:48
- 12:04

Also, I know you're good and you know you're good.
^lol I'm still feverish leave me alone..:redface:

Honestly, I caught myself wondering the same thing when I watched it just now..lol
Gotta counterpick Yoshi's. That stage is so gay with falco.

Doesn't your name sort of invite that? ;)
haha, yeah. At pound 4, amsah told me that I should change my name to "more known522"

i know who you are, youre like the second best fox in canada or something right? ive seen videos of you and ****, i think youre ok. but to think a canadian would have a chance vs swedish kirbys...lol.
*sigh*. whatever dude.

It's true though with Fox Kirby being almost impossible.
fox v kirby is probably 1 of 3 10-0 matchups in the game.

leffen

Smash Champion
LMFAO at pichu marth being 100-0. Marth is overall overrated, esp in low tier matchups.
( lmfao at any other matchup being 100-0 or even close to that - but whatever, people are always gonna scream doomsday )

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I think Kirby Marth is significantly easier when Marth is willing to F-smash as part of his close range ground game.

Hack really got a lot of mileage out of roll --> u-tilt because of it.

Ice blocks too much vs Kirby.

:lick:

On a somewhat less stupid note, I really love seeing Armada play.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
you must really feel special.
no, how? IM not saying i have exp or the ability to even take a game off hacks kirby...but ive seen what kirby can do first hand and experienced it vs armada to (its not just hack, nizro and armada have **** kirbys...)
the state of kirby of anywhere else but sweden is basically ic's before chu dat came lol.

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
I thought amsah picked it because of that :p
I did.

But that's the Armada paradox.

You go YS, he corners and kills you in two seconds.
You go DL64, he doesn't die.

So regardless of which one you pick, you'll always wish you picked the other one..lol

Good stuff amsah, watching those matches made me want to see you play NTSC vs armada >_>
It'll be fun..=]

yeah, I figured it was because you were afraid of him, but I had to ask to make sure. I hate losing stocks for messing up as well, but you gotta build confidence from somewhere.
I normally I'm not scared to go off stage at all, but he's conditioned me to the point where I don't feel like the reward is worth the risk..lol

I'll give it a try next time though..

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Gave up on Amsah vs Pasi, at least temporarily, and synced the rest.

Armada vs Ice is up. Because of the music, you can really hear how the sound changes speed. Can't reverse it all, but hopefully it stays within a reasonable range (~+100ms). Applies to all singles matches, but most noticeable with music.

Grand Final is uploading.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
no, how? IM not saying i have exp or the ability to even take a game off hacks kirby...but ive seen what kirby can do first hand and experienced it vs armada to (its not just hack, nizro and armada have **** kirbys...)
the state of kirby of anywhere else but sweden is basically ic's before chu dat came lol.
alternative theory:

we know how to beat roll --> u-tilt :p

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
I knew the reaction overall would be "lol what Hack does is easy to punish", but the players he played got caught by surprise and maybe american top players would too.

Metà

Smash Master
silent wolf's kirby > hack

AXE 09

Smash Master
Gave up on Amsah vs Pasi, at least temporarily, and synced the rest.

Armada vs Ice is up. Because of the music, you can really hear how the sound changes speed. Can't reverse it all, but hopefully it stays within a reasonable range (~+100ms). Applies to all singles matches, but most noticeable with music.

Grand Final is uploading.
Yesss!!!! I've been waiting for these vids for so long haha. I'm so impatient :p Thank you so much again for uploading!

Top Bottom