• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bdacus

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ai7ATWcg0s8
Falco buffering a DACUS out of a shield drop. Plus canceling the beginning of a dash animation? I don't know what it is. Can anyone figure out what happens at 0:05
Oh dear Ganon.

Falco now hits out of shield.
On anything he can't shield grab.

Please someone check my logic on this.

Now, there seems to be an implied question in the thread title, and I have to say, this doesn't deserve a name. This isn't a tech. This is an input. It is nothing but DACUS, achieved as quickly as game-mechanically possible.

This is DACUS. The only sensible thing to call it is, as a subcategory, Buffer DACUS. Thus, BDACUS. It works whether you parse it as Buffered Dash Attack Cancel Up Smash, or Buffered DACUS.

What's new is that the Upsmash is itself input perfectly, or buffered, so you might say DABCUS could work, but we already had that buffering the Up Smash is some, but not all of the time, part of optimal DACUS for the character. It doesn't make sense to give it a name that misleads regarding its very essence, when taken in the context of most characters.

Link, Wolf, these guys prefer a late Upsmash. They wouldn't acknowledge DABCUS as a tech; DABCUS is a mistake in their context, in the execution of a DACUS.
I'm sure that discounts this "thing" we've found as being a tech.

It's just an execution tip.

Smash Apprentice
Has anybody checked to see if this buffering technique helps for glide tossing at all?
If you retreat a down thow glide toss into this (with diddy), it picks up the banana as he usmashes. IMO, it's freaking awesome.

humble

Smash Ace
BDacus just makes the most sense. Thats what this technique is, a buffered dash attack canceled up smash, We shouldn't name it based on what sounds better or what you prefer, it should be what it is. BDacus is the name of the technique, because PDacus could be misleading and doesn't fully represent what it is.

bundtcake

Smash Ace
If you retreat a down thow glide toss into this (with diddy), it picks up the banana as he usmashes. IMO, it's freaking awesome.
Ah, what I meant to ask was if anybody had checked to see if buffering allows you to do buffered glide tosses the same way you can do buffered DACUS's, and if that makes a difference at all :p

sman5093

Smash Apprentice
I can't get step 5 right. After I press analog stick to the side I press the c-stick up and then again up. do I have to time the second c-stick up?

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
I can't get step 5 right. After I press analog stick to the side I press the c-stick up and then again up. do I have to time the second c-stick up?
What's happening when you input the buttons?

Problem one: Dash attack
You are holding the control stick. Tap the control stick then tap C-stick down. See if that works.

Problem two: Up smash in place
You did the up smash too early.

Problem three: Running up smash.
You were holding the control stick while you did the first C-stick input so it didn't register it. It only registered the dash animation and the last c-stick up input resulting in a running up smash

Problem four: Dash cancel......
Not sure what happens there, I randomly have it happen. Overswarm is coming out with a tech video featuring it.

sman5093

Smash Apprentice
What's happening when you input the buttons?

Problem one: Dash attack
You are holding the control stick. Tap the control stick then tap C-stick down. See if that works.

Problem two: Up smash in place
You did the up smash too early.

Problem three: Running up smash.
You were holding the control stick while you did the first C-stick input so it didn't register it. It only registered the dash animation and the last c-stick up input resulting in a running up smash

Problem four: Dash cancel......
Not sure what happens there, I randomly have it happen. Overswarm is coming out with a tech video featuring it.
Thanks for the help:)

M@v

Subarashii!
Learning this now, timing it right is a *****
What makes it tricky is endlag for certain moves are different.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Who all does this apply to? Or just the characters who can regular DACUS?
Every charater can preform bdacus. Some characters its useless because they don't travel any farther than a hyphen smash. I find it easiest to practice with characters that have a ton of ending lag on an aerial. Like snakes upair.
Anyone else get a beeping noise, when they were practicing this?
No I never got a beebing noise.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Here's some buffering stuff you guys can try out.

buffer standing pivot grab
(flick foward > grab > flick back) or (flick foward > grab > c-stick back)
*Useful for characters with good pivot grabs like Snake.

buffer boost pivot grab
flick foward > A > grab > flick back
*Samus and Captain Falcon do get a slide from this where without the buffer they don't. (not too sure.)

buffer jump canceled upsmash (hyphen smash? dunno what it's called)
flick foward > jump > Upsmash
*foward > cstickUp won't work because it buffers a dash attack instead. I think this is better than the buffered DACUS for some characters, like Fox, and it's easier too.
**** it Prime, I thought I was the first one to find this out ;{

Humpy Thrashabout

Smash Journeyman
Samus' is pretty good. I've gotten this down with Wario and have tried it with Falco to no avail, but Samus' seems stupid easy for some reason.

FrozenFire13

Smash Ace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15KEOniDNNc

made a vid with some applications for sheik.

hf.

(training mode says 4 hits in a row at the ftilt -> utilt -> dacus and 2 hits in a row at the fair -> dacus)
That's sexy as hell. Can you just buffer a normal DACUS or do you have to do the over analog C-up and then mash C-up again. Please tell me you can just buffer a normal one. Plz?

l!nk_aut

Smash Journeyman
i do the dash -> cstick up -> cstick up thingy

its pretty much a normal dacus but you do it as soon as possible cause of the buffering. and this is much easier than the dash -> cstick down -> up + z stuff.

edit: this goes for sheik. the bdacus for falco is longer than the normal dacus for falco. and diddy has only a bdacus but not a dacus if i remember correctly.

SofaKingdom

Smash Rookie
Hi guys, I don't post here much, but I was pretty interested in 'PDACUS' for falco. I've spent an hour testing applications and so far I've picked up some stuff.

I've learned that with the 'DA + C-stick up, C-stick up' method that if done quickly enough, you could do a gatling combo without a DA hitbox in front of you.

I have been able to do pdacus straight out of SHDL (either high double lasers or 1high 1low double laser). It's hard because you have to buffer the DA immediately after you fire the 2nd laser.

What I was most interested in though was doing it out of a SHI (short hop illusion/phantasm). The timing is fairly easy, and gives a big time frame in which after you buffer the DA, you can finish it with either:

1) Do it the old fashioned way, where you use Foward+C-Stick Down to initiate the buffer DA+Up+Attack (because Up+Attack seems to produce longer DACUS' than Up+Grab does, and is also the combination for Shiek's DACUS). This might be difficult because you might end up down-smashing or missing the timing on the up+attack.

2) Do it the PDA way, where you use Foward+C-Stick up then C-stick up again. You'll have to find the timing for the 2nd C-stick up yourself, but I have tested to find out that if done frame perfect then it produces a longer DACUS than the old fashioned way.

The timing for the DA for SHI is right after you hear the noise of Falco landing.

I like using the C-stick Up method because it's so quick and is more rewarding if frame perfect. When I use C-stick Down, usually it comes out a few frames later because I might charge it on accident. Don't forget than you don't always have to PDACUS the direction you're facing, all you have to do is DA the other way. A good 'combo' I've been trying to do is SHI past the opponent, then PDACUS back towards the opponent to hit him with a fast Up-Smash.

@ l1nk_aut

That's a sick video man. Pretty consistent too.

Anonymous Brawler

Smash Journeyman
The timing is hard!!! I can do the old DAC with all character (except Sheik) but I can't get this timing down!!!
Is there a character easy to BDACUS (or wathever it's called)? I learned how to DAC with Snake, so I tought it could have one.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
I like this idea.

Take one part boost smash, one part perfect shield.

Perfect boost. As in "will falco's perfect boost punish a missed shuttle loop?".

1nconspikuous

Smash Apprentice
Is there an all-inclusive vid yet?
this. i'll admit i'm lazy too sometimes, but the boards usually come thru with the goods.

...that and i don't have a capture card so it doesn't matter. =b either way, i'm actually quite excited for this tech so hurry, talented people! =)

SofaKingdom

Smash Rookie
The timing is hard!!! I can do the old DAC with all character (except Sheik) but I can't get this timing down!!!
Is there a character easy to BDACUS (or wathever it's called)? I learned how to DAC with Snake, so I tought it could have one.
This might sound really stupid but you can practice this on Mega Brawl (Special Brawl, Size = Mega). I don't know why but the frames are messed up in Giant Brawl to the point where you can see the DA being canceled during a regular DACUS, and it opens the time frame in which you can C-stick up the 2nd time for some odd reason.

Mega Brawl is weird. I think there might be negative/buffer frames or more frames per second in Mega Brawl.

Anyways, I've been able to PDACUS out of Falco's Reflector. Maybe this will improve MU's against Diddy Kong? (Reflect Banana, instant sliding up-smash).

Top Bottom