• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bdacus

Prawn

Smash Master
i can do it with falco i think,

but no luck with ics i just dash attack lol. somebody who is good with the timing should just try it out with every character and report, it really wouldn't take that long IMO.

Necrotic

Death By Necrosis
This would be easier on the wiichuck since you can easily press your thumb down 2 times
down on the dpad is dsmash a is right under that you can execute a fast dacus. I find it easier on wiichuck to do Mety's infinite cape. I can last 8-10 seconds on wiichuck only like 4 on gamecube...

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
yeah but with this input you must flick up on cstick as you arent fast enough otherwise.

so cstick+z would be the only way, can someone confirm this?
that would be really hard. its already hard enough to get the 2nd c-stick in much less pressing another button at the other end of the controller in sync with the 2nd c-stick.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
I think what's even more important is that the hitbox is so far from where Falco ends up especially if you get the backwards hitbox on it.(pushes them in the opposite direction.

Someone try a buffered dash attack canceled pivot boost grab.

Necrotic

Death By Necrosis
Would the constant tapping c-up...the faster you go the less control you have if you c-up plus a little to the right wouldnt that affect the resulting action. C up + a little right angles you right? That could be bad if you tilt it the direction you wernt facing that would be left...when I play this in my head I see the possible rotation of the player if you start out facing forward the tilted c-up would turn you left.. tap right to correct this wAnd it cancels dacus so when you land you up smash...I would think both c-ups would have to be the same as the last in order to be perfect. Am I wrong about some of this or all of it?

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
I do not want to go through and read 12 pages of comments to try and get a full story. It would be like 45 minutes or more of waisted time.
Anyways, what is the advancement so far? I have seen a few eird things mentioned... what all works that you guys have come up with?

iRJi

Smash Champion
Meno said it. It's now:
PDACUS

:mad:
Well tech. I threw out the name ^_^

@Savior:

I think you should add the step by step instructions that you provided on page 2 to the OP. It just easier to maintain for people who are coming to the thread to find the information faster. I would also put down what other people are finding with it, on how so far only characters that have a dacus already can preform this. Like my reasoning earlier, it is just easier to maintain data doing so, instead of going through the thread picking up bits and pieces of it.

Edit: Why the hell is everyone calling it BDACUS. If anything it should be called PDacus for Perfect Dash Attack Cancel Usmash. Just seems more logical imo.
^_^

iRJi

Smash Champion
I do not want to go through and read 12 pages of comments to try and get a full story. It would be like 45 minutes or more of waisted time.
Anyways, what is the advancement so far? I have seen a few eird things mentioned... what all works that you guys have come up with?
Sorry for Double Post.

You wouldn't have to, actually lol. Just add the instructions to the OP, and that should do it wonders.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Has anyone tried buffering any other ATs like a boost pivot grab? I did this with a few characters and found that Samus and CF slide a good distance. It's really hard to do so I don't think it's worth learning.

Steam

Smash Hero
If it hasn't been posted already, wolf's goes a bit shorter than his normal Dacus (which goes a long way)

and lucario's goes about as far as his hyphen which isn't very much at all.

Though I think even for characters the PDACUS doesn't work well on the instant DA could be useful.

still a great find

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
So at the moment, is it universal/character specific?
It just involves a buffer.

This tech is nothing but DACUS at its gut, so it's universal if DACUS is universal.

Which it is. It just has varying, character-specific effects, dependent on the traction value of the character's UpSmash. It also varies with the speed achieved during the Dash Attack, which is hence why the DACUS can be modulated with the timing.

Since Diddy leaves the ground, he would have the least traction imaginable, though I'm surprised it's nonzero.

Some characters wouldn't benefit from a buffered-early cancel to the Upsmash. Diddy is not one of those characters. I bet Wolf isn't ... and oh look Steam says so right above me.

I want to see Sheik do this. Wolf, Mario, and Link.

FOX. Does he get a boost like Falco, however brief?

Lenus Altair

Smash Ace
Ive tried doing it with Pit but haven't gotten any note worth results. Im not a very technical player though so its not surprising.

Has anyone had any results with Pit?

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Has anyone tried buffering any other ATs like a boost pivot grab? I did this with a few characters and found that Samus and CF slide a good distance. It's really hard to do so I don't think it's worth learning.
If it works with ICs its worth learning...

raidos

Smash Apprentice
Unfortunately I dont think IC's have one of these, I have been trying it for a couple of hours now and get no results but I can do it with diddy and falco pretty easily.

-1 AT for IC :(

LuLLo

Smash Ace
It just involves a buffer.

This tech is nothing but DACUS at its gut, so it's universal if DACUS is universal.

Which it is. It just has varying, character-specific effects, dependent on the traction value of the character's UpSmash. It also varies with the speed achieved during the Dash Attack, which is hence why the DACUS can be modulated with the timing.

Since Diddy leaves the ground, he would have the least traction imaginable, though I'm surprised it's nonzero.

Some characters wouldn't benefit from a buffered-early cancel to the Upsmash. Diddy is not one of those characters. I bet Wolf isn't ... and oh look Steam says so right above me.

I want to see Sheik do this. Wolf, Mario, and Link.

FOX. Does he get a boost like Falco, however brief?
What exactly determines the traction of an U-smash?
I always thought that the Dacus only gained momentum from the startup-vertical speed of dash-attacks, which explained for me why characters that hold up their Dash-attacks in the startup-frames (like Ike, Ganondorf, Bowser etc) have a bad Dacus. But this is why I found it odd that Sonic and ZSS couldn't do a good Dacus. So Sonic's and ZSS' U-smashes have bad traction, but what causes/determines it?

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Here's some buffering stuff you guys can try out.

buffer standing pivot grab
(flick foward > grab > flick back) or (flick foward > grab > c-stick back)
*Useful for characters with good pivot grabs like Snake.

buffer boost pivot grab
flick foward > A > grab > flick back
*Samus and Captain Falcon do get a slide from this where without the buffer they don't. (not too sure.)

buffer jump canceled upsmash (hyphen smash? dunno what it's called)
flick foward > jump > Upsmash
*foward > cstickUp won't work because it buffers a dash attack instead. I think this is better than the buffered DACUS for some characters, like Fox, and it's easier too.

Zulu Nation

Smash Cadet
Yea I was testing the BDacus with Fox.... so here's what I got.

Nair>BDacus I know Fox can Nair>Usmash normally but..... This form is more useful at mid precents because you cant Nair>Usmash at certain precents. You know when you did it right by two things.
1) Combo counter says 2 (duh)
2) You slide past them after you Usmash.
Idk this might be useful I have to go check with the Fox boards.

I'm gonna test out DJC>Shine>BDacus now and I'll come back with some results.

I also don't know on this but it looks like Fthrow>BDacus sounds legit I'll test that after Shine>BDacus.
Lol sorry I gotta start testing again I posted this and didn't start testing again.

Magma Dolphin

Smash Apprentice
To my knowledge, Kirby cant DACUS normally. Maybe I missed that post. Does this apply to him? Or can kirby perform regular DACUS?

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Does anybody have a concise list of characters that this gives an elongated DACUS to? Clearly, every character in the game can do this, but I'm sure the length difference from a normal DACUS and a buffered DACUS varies per character.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Meno, you should do Peach, Tink, and Metaknight!

I want to but I don't have my Wii ;(

Can't believe there hasn't been like fifty vids already.

Lenus Altair

Smash Ace
Im not sure, but I THINK Ive done it with Pit now. Its arguably shorter then his inconsistent plain old sliding up smash, at least when you get the extended one if you know what I mean...

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Diddy and Sheik are the only characters who get the long DACUS from the buffer. Then there are characters who already have a long DACUS, like Falco and Wario, who can use the buffer to maximize the distance of their DACUS. There's nothing else new to find with this.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Diddy and Sheik are the only characters who get the long DACUS from the buffer. Then there are characters who already have a long DACUS, like Falco and Wario, who can use the buffer to maximize the distance of their DACUS.
Wut, so Sheiks is longer than normal?

I'd just call it buffered DACUS... 'cus that's what it is.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
There's actually a lot of use for this. It lets you full distance DACUS on frame 1.

I was able to buffer all 3 inputs of the DACUS out of a shield drop. O_O I'll put a video up soon.

Also, for Falco, the hitbox comes out a lot earlier, so 1: it's much safer on block and 2: you can punish people with long range attacks oos with it when they push you away, i.e. snakes jabs or ftilt.

For Falco: Original DACUS
Falco start....................Hitbox....Falco end
Extremely unsafe on block

Buffered DACUS
Falco start.......Hitbox.................Falco end
much safer, especially if you space it to hit the right side of their shield in the example above. Not only would you be too far, but you'd push them away and put them in shield stun.

Sonic, Sheik, Snake, Wario, Diddy, Wolf, and Falco all get nice sized Buffered DACUSes

Link and Pikachu get an ok ones and I'm sure there are more characters, but I can't think of them.

Yikarur

Smash Master
There's actually a lot of use for this. It lets you full distance DACUS on frame 1.

Frame 2 is the EARLIEST because of some buffering rules. You can't buffer 2 Attack Commands so it's not possible to buffer dash attack AND upsmash

I was able to buffer all 3 inputs of the DACUS out of a shield drop. O_O I'll put a video up soon.

Also, for Falco, the hitbox comes out a lot earlier, so 1: it's much safer on block and 2: you can punish people with long range attacks oos with it when they push you away, i.e. snakes jabs or ftilt.

a buffered attack doesn't increase attack speed lol

[...]

Sonic, Sheik, Snake, Wario, Diddy, Wolf, and Falco all get nice sized Buffered DACUSes

Link and Pikachu get an ok ones and I'm sure there are more characters, but I can't think of them.

Warios,Sonics,Snakes and Sheiks is the same length as their normal dacus, Wolfs is a one step dacus, Links Buffered DACUS travels farther than hyphen smash but less than normal dacus. Pikachus is a bit longer than normal dacus

to clear some wrong statements.

I correct the how to do in the OP.

For this you have to be on the ground after the action (obviously, you aren't ice climbers D: You can't smash and grab in the air :p)
1) any action
2) The last 10 Frame of the Action (less if the "action" has less duration then 10 frames) press Dash + Attack. Both must not be simultaneously!!
You have to release the stick before doing "Attack" except you use the C-Stick. But you have to release the stick before the 10 Frames are over.
3) After the action ends Diddy will do an instant dash attack.
4) You have to upsmash (with C-Stick or Up + Attack) in the SECOND Frame of the Dash Attack. If you press Upsmash in the first frame you make a standing upsmash instead.
5) you did it.

tl;dr or rather "I don't know what frames are"
1) any action
2) Dash + Attack consecutively in the end of the action.
3) After the action ends Diddy will do an instant dash attack
4) Upsmash right after the dash attack starts, you can't do this by reaction so you have to get a feeling for it.
5) Congratz

Any Action means: ANY (grounded) attack, Aerial Landing Lag, Landing Lag in general, Airdodge into the ground, Grab Release Animation (if you're grabbing and if you get ground released), Spotdodge,Rolling ; like I said ANY action that ends grounded.

theoretically you can do grab instead of upsmash but Diddy doesn't get a slide (didn't test it with others yet)

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
For this you have to be on the ground after the action (obviously, you aren't ice climbers D: You can't smash and grab in the air :p)
1) any action
2) The last 10 Frame of the Action (less if the "action" has less duration then 10 frames) press Dash + Attack. Both must not be simultaneously!!
You have to release the stick before doing "Attack" except you use the C-Stick. But you have to release the stick before the 10 Frames are over.
3) After the action ends Diddy will do an instant dash attack.
4) You have to upsmash (with C-Stick or Up + Attack) in the SECOND Frame of the Dash Attack. If you press Upsmash in the first frame you make a standing upsmash instead.
5) you did it.

Any Action means: ANY (grounded) attack, Aerial Landing Lag, Landing Lag in general, Airdodge into the ground, Grab Release Animation (if you're grabbing and if you get ground released), Spotdodge,Rolling ; like I said ANY action that ends grounded.
Put this in the OP already.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Originally Posted by Tommy_G:

Frame 2 is the EARLIEST because of some buffering rules. You can't buffer 2 Attack Commands so it's not possible to buffer dash attack AND upsmash
Which is why I'm a bit confused. It definitely feels like I'm buffering all of it

a buffered attack doesn't increase attack speed lol
This is true; however it fixes the fact that all people charge their up smash most of the way through the DACUS. It's the same concept for using Smash attacks with the C-stick vs manually inputting Side and A. It's just naturally a bit faster
[...]

Warios,Sonics,Snakes and Sheiks is the same length as their normal dacus(Which are all nice sized DACUSes), Wolfs is a one step dacus, Links Buffered DACUS travels farther than hyphen smash but less than normal dacus. Pikachus is a bit longer than normal dacus

-Tommy_G on Seibrik's account....Forgot to log him out.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
God **** it, now I have to retest a bunch of OoS dacus options because even having only one more guaranteed OoS dacus can be the difference from wining games and losing them with Sheik.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Quality is terrible. I know. It'll have to do until I get some decent recording materials. It was recorded off of my phone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbNkUDJ50LQ
Sheik buffering a DACUS out of a shield drop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ai7ATWcg0s8
Falco buffering a DACUS out of a shield drop. Plus canceling the beginning of a dash animation? I don't know what it is. Can anyone figure out what happens at 0:05

Prawn

Smash Master
so somebody find something for ice climbers with this plzzzzz

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Been testing this with Link, he seems to get about the same boost he'd get from a standard DACUS. But the ability do to it out of a spotdodge (Link has a great spotdodge) or aerial lag is pretty awesome.

Top Bottom