• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bdacus

Anonymous Brawler

Smash Journeyman
This might sound really stupid but you can practice this on Mega Brawl (Special Brawl, Size = Mega). I don't know why but the frames are messed up in Giant Brawl to the point where you can see the DA being canceled during a regular DACUS, and it opens the time frame in which you can C-stick up the 2nd time for some odd reason.

Mega Brawl is weird. I think there might be negative/buffer frames or more frames per second in Mega Brawl.

Anyways, I've been able to PDACUS out of Falco's Reflector. Maybe this will improve MU's against Diddy Kong? (Reflect Banana, instant sliding up-smash).
Mega brawl? Wow, never would expect that. I'll practice until I master it with Falco

SofaKingdom

Smash Rookie
Mega brawl? Wow, never would expect that. I'll practice until I master it with Falco
Yeah about a month ago I was screwing around trying to do infinite CG's in mega brawl when I discovered this. Yesterday I tried PDACUS in mega brawl and it seemed to be easier. You don't seem to slide far because it's mega (just like how falco's phantasm doesn't go far in mega) but it's the same space as if you were regular size.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Who all does this apply to? Or just the characters who can regular DACUS?
There's no way of being sure who it applies to, even knowing every character's DACUS, because some dash attacks may have a startup boost that we haven't been able to know about until this.

Still. We can eyeball it.

Anyone with a "difficult" DACUS should have a better BDACUS.

Characters with a late DACUS won't benefit from it. Unless less distance is what you want. Like Falcon's DACUS (if you don't know Falcon's DACUS, you can't hit anything slightly to your side with an Upsmash).

It's characters with slow-to-fast Dash Attacks, or apparently constant speed DAs, who might have a meaningful BDACUS (a DACUS not the same as a simple hyphen smash).

Ones like GaW, Fox, or Samus. We can be pretty sure they'll get nothing, but someone's gotta do it.

Samus' is pretty good. I've gotten this down with Wario and have tried it with Falco to no avail, but Samus' seems stupid easy for some reason.
And so, to you sir, I say:

vids or it did not occur.

EDIT: I wanna know what happens to Falcon. Maybe I should stop being lazy and turn on my next gen video gaming console in my room.
*sigh* initiative.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
I'm not sure about this, but maybe Fthrow to Upsmash (BDacus) is guaranteed with Diddy Kong.

Some people should check this.

I just did it twice, but against Com, so I dont know if hitstun takes longer or not.

Humpy Thrashabout

Smash Journeyman
And so, to you sir, I say:

vids or it did not occur.
I have no way of uploading vids. I posted a replay of me doing it with Wario in the "We Record Your Replays" thread almost a week ago, but they haven't gotten to it yet.

It's really easy, just try it. And I don't think Samus' gets a considerable slide, it just comes out unnaturally fast. I don't mind uploading a replay file for Samus' if you can't seem to get it down.

KingKong_ad

Smash Ace
This might sound really stupid but you can practice this on Mega Brawl (Special Brawl, Size = Mega). I don't know why but the frames are messed up in Giant Brawl to the point where you can see the DA being canceled during a regular DACUS, and it opens the time frame in which you can C-stick up the 2nd time for some odd reason.

Mega Brawl is weird. I think there might be negative/buffer frames or more frames per second in Mega Brawl.

Anyways, I've been able to PDACUS out of Falco's Reflector. Maybe this will improve MU's against Diddy Kong? (Reflect Banana, instant sliding up-smash).
You can put mega brawl + normal mushroom. Youll be able to do a Dacus on hit with almost every character like falco in normal brawl. On hit all moves have a lot of lags making the opening for doing a dacus really big. Some are able on giant mode without mushroom like Bowser and Zelda.

yoshq

Smash Master
I have no way of uploading vids. I posted a replay of me doing it with Wario in the "We Record Your Replays" thread almost a week ago, but they haven't gotten to it yet.

It's really easy, just try it. And I don't think Samus' gets a considerable slide, it just comes out unnaturally fast. I don't mind uploading a replay file for Samus' if you can't seem to get it down.
mah bad, my recording device has stopped working properly... but anyway here. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PYU4XT0D

Humpy Thrashabout

Smash Journeyman
I don't understand why anyone is having difficulty with this. I have trouble doing the normal DACUS, but I can do this sort of consistently now.

Here is the video Yoshiq recorded for me (thanks!) after about 20 minutes of practice.:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wqle6x42ddI

Things I've noticed:
-It can be done with just simple landing lag, you don't even have to perform an aerial.
-You can buffer another BDACUS out of a BDACUS. You can chain them across the stage, it's pretty awesome.
-You can't (to my knowledge) perform it backwards. You need to be facing the way you want to be going, otherwise you'll just do an upsmash in place.
-It doesn't seem possible to do with the BSL or normal fall special landing lag.
-Wario can BDACUS out of uncharged waft to no advantage other than it being awesome.

Smash Rookie
I just discovered that doing forward > c-stick up next to an item gives you can automatic dash attack as you pick up the item. What does this mean? It means that by doing this, you can get a DACUS out of it.

It seems that you have to be crazy fast to do this. Even faster than a BDACUS because you're not really buffering it. And I've only been able to do it with Snake.

Don't know if this has been discovered, but I'm throwing this in anyway.

Muz

Smash Apprentice
How far are you getting with Samus's bdacus? Is it any further than her dash->upsmash distance? If so, I'll be willing to upload the vid for you, if you send me a pm with the replay.

Humpy Thrashabout

Smash Journeyman
Can anyone get this to work backwards (other than D.Disciple)? I just can't get it to work. Maybe the timing is slightly different.

Top Bottom