• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BAM- Battle Arena Melbourne Tournament! May 17th-19th Preregister now!

Splice

Smash Hero
According to the OP, you should bring your "39 ledge grabs in under 8 minutes" game, for optimal results.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
nobody cares what you'll do shaya enjoy 13th
i hope we can convince earl to make an appaearance

smopup

Smash Journeyman
Is there any free floor space in the hotel rooms? Just remembered that I won't be able to rely on Bryan's housing this time.

Also, will the schedule be like the last BAM? i.e. Melee on Saturday, Brawl on Sunday?

ViVa

Smash Ace
Brawl doubles will most likely be run along side melee singles and vice versa, so yes Luco you can play dem Brawl friendlies. Just be prepared to get booted off tvs that are needed for tournament matches.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
at this point, we're discussing what to do with melee.

kinda waiting for someone from the community to put their hand up to run it.

S.D

Smash Master
I'm happy to help out with melee, but I'm not well positioned to do a great deal and don't have access to TO.

If someone else - ie: Dekar/Phil can help I'll jump on board and do what I can.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
Off-topic: Since the event goes overnight can we stay at the venue throughout the 2 days?
Actually BAM does not run overnight. Here is the schedule: http://www.couchwarriors.org/bam/schedule.php
AFAIK smash will be run similarly to last year, schedule here: www.couchwarriors.org/bam/2012/schedule.php
In short, finals for all events are held until the end of the day. Melee is played on day 1, Brawl on day 2. This may change.

I'm happy to help out with melee, but I'm not well positioned to do a great deal and don't have access to TO.

If someone else - ie: Dekar/Phil can help I'll jump on board and do what I can.
Yer I'm happy to assist as per usual and I'm sure Redact will too.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
yer id wing stuff on the day and bring laptop and such, though wouldnt be head TO of sorts.

if someone else does the whole talks to people and makes tvs/setups available, i can always do the whole call matches, sort brackets and laptops n such

S.D

Smash Master
Yeah I can do on the day stuff; in terms of pre-organising thing is all equipment sourced by community or are there some available from other sources?

Also I'll drive so we can jam as many of Phil's TVs into my car as possible. Need consoles and discs though.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I'll be able to bring a setup (Wii + Brawl). Can't bring a TV though, sorry peeps. :(

So if i can get a few more people interested in watching the stream, is it possible to do a livestream? I got a few people like Mari, Xiroey, Shaky (I can't believe he said he'd watch :D), Yoshi (from canada), V115 (iirc), Blacktwins, maybe Pokemaster, mayyyybeeee Yink (it's a really big maybe though), a few others...

I might go ahead and ask a few more people but those are the ones I can think of that iirc said yes. :3

Jamwa

Smash Champion
I'll be able to bring a setup (Wii + Brawl). Can't bring a TV though, sorry peeps. :(

So if i can get a few more people interested in watching the stream, is it possible to do a livestream? I got a few people like Mari, Xiroey, Shaky (I can't believe he said he'd watch :D), Yoshi (from canada), V115 (iirc), Blacktwins, maybe Pokemaster, mayyyybeeee Yink (it's a really big maybe though), a few others...

I might go ahead and ask a few more people but those are the ones I can think of that iirc said yes. :3
Luco setting up a livestream is expensive (I think) so pretty unlikely. uploading to youtube is probs what will happen
lol @ shaky saying he'd watch, just lol
i can't even why

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Luco setting up a livestream is expensive (I think) so pretty unlikely. uploading to youtube is probs what will happen
lol @ shaky saying he'd watch, just lol
i can't even why
Oh, really? :/ :( I was playing off this:

Also Luco recording and commentary is pretty standard for BAM, but streaming is too much effort for too little outside interest.
But if it's an issue in terms of money then I dunno. =/

And yea I was pretty excited when Shaky said he'd be interested in watching. :D

Jamwa

Smash Champion
Luco, it says in that quote that "streaming is too much effort for too little outside interest"
don't count on it happening, and it's quite an effort for Americans to watch Aussie live stream considering time zones, so I doubt they'd watch because because.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Luco, it says in that quote that "streaming is too much effort for too little outside interest"
don't count on it happening, and it's quite an effort for Americans to watch Aussie live stream considering time zones, so I doubt they'd watch because because.
But... exactly: My point is that what if I got a bit of outside interest? :)

I'm probably just mis-reading something here.... :/ *goes and looks again*

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
If you setup the livestream you can do it.

Thats the offer that has been provided every year, I've yet to have someone setup up and do this.

And when I mean setup I mean not just offer to do commentary or setup a laptop,

I'm saying you talk to the BAM head organizers yourself, sort out the connections and the logistics with them, you provide the equipment for connection and recording, set it up, and make sure everything runs fine yourself.

If you can get people to help you with any part in any way, sure thing, I'm just saying you have to spearhead it if you want it.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Well it was really just feeling out and seeing what came up, I don't know anything about it so I was just curious as to whether it was accessible this time around.

If you setup the livestream you can do it.

Thats the offer that has been provided every year, I've yet to have someone setup up and do this.

And when I mean setup I mean not just offer to do commentary or setup a laptop,

I'm saying you talk to the BAM head organizers yourself, sort out the connections and the logistics with them, you provide the equipment for connection and recording, set it up, and make sure everything runs fine yourself.

If you can get people to help you with any part in any way, sure thing, I'm just saying you have to spearhead it if you want it.
Yea, i'd be happy to sort out all the stuff but I don't have the money to have the equipment, so I guess not this year. >.>

YoshiAustralia

Smash Apprentice

Dekar289

Smash Hero
regarding livestream if we all thought it was a good idea it would have been brought up with bam staff and be well underway planning wise
consensus was we should just focus on recording matches with commentary
now it's too late regardless, perhaps talk to caotic if anyone is keen, perhaps smash finals @ SS could appear on the SS stream in october

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
I was gonna say as well, who wants to be TO of melee? I placed the ruleset that was used in the last bam in the OP, so let me know if you need to make changes to it at all.

Attila_

BRoomer
regarding livestream if we all thought it was a good idea it would have been brought up with bam staff and be well underway planning wise
consensus was we should just focus on recording matches with commentary
now it's too late regardless, perhaps talk to caotic if anyone is keen, perhaps smash finals @ SS could appear on the SS stream in october
no livestream for BAM.

livestream for SS confirmed.

Splice

Smash Hero
btw Luco getting matches recorded is way better than stream. And that's not even 100%
More important to get that happening.

Splice

Smash Hero
I just realised that "Why?" is spelt pretty much the same in French and Spanish.
You've already been told why, the stream is so much more effort for not that much more reward than videos.

come on.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
livestream for SS confirmed.
oo really? do you know if smash will be part of the main ss stream or be its own separate stream? if separate, will it be on the SS website?
would make smash really feel like a part of ss:)

Attila_

BRoomer
oo really? do you know if smash will be part of the main ss stream or be its own separate stream? if separate, will it be on the SS website?
would make smash really feel like a part of ss:)
details will be discussed when full preparations get underway, which will be after bam.

at this point we're thinking of top 8 on stream or similar.

S.D

Smash Master
Attila - what do we need to do organisation wise for melee, is it just setups/scheduling or do we have to consult with BAM people as well?

Attila_

BRoomer
We'll need people to bring setups/tvs, but that's a given.

Will be scheduled with brawl; that shouldn't be an issue. We'll confirm schedule soon, but we're looking at running both games over both days.

Consultations should not be necessary, at least at this point.

We do need someone willing to TO, though.

Top Bottom