• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BAM- Battle Arena Melbourne Tournament! May 17th-19th Preregister now!

L0ki

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, I just wanted to drop in and remind everyone to pre-register for BAM. There's just over a week remaining and the Smash pre-reg is currently very low compared to all the other games. You'll still be able to pay at the door but it'll cost you an extra $10 on the day so it's definitely worth getting in early.
http://www.couchwarriors.org/bam/register.php
Cheers :)

Hardpelicn

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0447-5409-6382
Soooooo, project m has sucked away my melee abilities, if anyone wants a practice partner for prep in the next few weeks I'm keen.
Always happy to host a few people at my place in thornbury too.

smopup

Smash Journeyman
If it's okay with you guys, Fri/Sat night since I'll be flying down on the Friday. Does the cheapest option have a sofa? If not, then I'm down for the deluxe suite.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
afaik that info is strictly for TOs for planning and seeding, luco
also there may be exhibition/money matches on the friday night

Splice

Smash Hero
... I just spent useless hours looking for a count because of this....

You suck Jamwa. -_-
,l ,l ,l ,l ,l ,l ,l ,l ,l ,l ,l ,l ,l ,l ,l ,l ,l ,l ,l ,l ,l ,l ,l ,l ,l ,l ,l ,l ,l ,l ,l ,l ,l ,l ,l ,l ,l ,l ,l ,l ,l ,l ,l ,l ,l ,l ,l ,l ,l ,l ,l ,l ,l ,l ,l ,l ,l ,l ,l ,l ,l ,l ,l ,l ,l ,l ,l ,l ,l ,l ,l ,l ,l ,l ,lk

S.D

Smash Master
Are we going to take gear in/setup on the Friday night though? If so would be easier to stay in there then go back out of the city... Anyone else want to bunk in for 1/2 nights?????

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
So with Leisha saying she's taking a break from Smash I'm assuming that this event is included... to the best of my knowledge she was the kinda head Brawl TO person so who takes on that duty now? Attila/Jei?
I can bring two Brawl setups a Melee setup and a TV, and laptop if it's needed. Do we need to bring TVs? If I asked my old man we could maybe ferry a car-ful of TVs from SLHQ on Saturday morning if that's the plan but I think that might be a bit late if organization's to be on Friday.

ViVa

Smash Ace
I recall Chris telling Jei/Attila they were hiring a van to transport the tvs, so we only need to bring the setups.

I'm also bringing a brawl setup.

Bu$

HoC
Alright you bunch of nigz whos wants to partner with me for double and have deeee super happy fun tyme!? Also if people need a place to stay i have a decent amount of bedding around the place.

Splice

Smash Hero
I will gladly seed Brawl pools and make the bracket on the day.
I'm not sure where to go to see who has signed up though...
I'd rather make them before the even for hype and then just add any extra attendants on the day assuming all the top seed players will be able to CONFIRM attendance in advance.

That should take a bit of weight off somebodys shoulders, especially because I would just end up yelling at them for putting two people who live in the same house in the same pool.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
That should take a bit of weight off somebodys shoulders, especially because I would just end up yelling at them for putting two people who live in the same house in the same pool.
I remember my brother and I once got paired for R1 in bracket one time in a Wollongong tournament. It was one of the few times my brother was actually winning when I jokingly remarked about it. Then Shaya freaked out and got Stereo to change it.

Good times... we both still got knocked out of that tournament super early (in singles) too so it didn't end up mattering much heh. :p

Bowser D.X

Brawl Player
Even though I'm sure the answer is "yes" I'm just making sure. Will there be Brawl setups on Saturday?

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Pools?

We're expecting more than 128? Or if we want to tone it down, 64- aww actually, I suppose that is reasonable.

Not making it out of pools would do my head in. @.@

Dekar289

Smash Hero
even if smash attendance totally failed and ~20 turned up there'd still be pools to trim it to 16 or 8 for the bracket, the rest going into the amateur bracket

Jamwa

Smash Champion
So uh what stage list has been decided upon?

this is the one in OP
Starters
BF
FD
LC
SV
YI
Counterpicks
BH
PS1
DP
FO
Is there going to be a revised version without LC/YI in starters and to be rid of Frigate Orpheon?
ALSO BRINSTAR, JUST ASK SEB

Splice

Smash Hero
I think the community overall is pretty agreeable with
Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville (3 starters)
and then
Lylat, PS1, Yoshi's Island, Halberd and Delfino Plaza for Counterpicks.

No Frigate. No Siege. Still only 3 starters.
I think this would be pretty mutually agreeable for everyone right?

Dekar289

Smash Hero
brawl players seem to only think about stages in terms of characters and matchups...

Jamwa

Smash Champion
Siege is ok, but the transformations can cause deaths while recovering :/ I guess that's my only concern, but it's manageable.
yeah as splice (he is a smash master you know) says, if we put it in the stage list i dont think anyone will choose it anyway
also that lava rock thing makes no sense to me, it's like i jump and then it moves and suddenly I can't auto cancel aerials anymore.
I don't really care that much, I'm just keen for Halberd/DP/ Rainbow cruise..?

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
What are you talking about, make Siege legal and I'm taking every Snake, Marth and Wario in the country there.
Maybe.
Probably not, ceebs.

S.D

Smash Master
Whatever u reckon, cheapest is best :)
Looks like it's just us on the Friday and Phil on the Saturday... unless someone wants to crash on the Friday night.

Phil - Can I grab your TVs on Friday and set them up at the venue???

Robsta

Smash Ace
Not sure if I'll be there for BAM but I'll be in the city saturday night if any of you lads wanna party

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
sure can do sam, but theres the issue that i have only 3 crts now, 1 of them really huge so hard to move, the other 2 are packed up so hard to get out.

I can organize for the other 2 to be ready for pick up on friday though.

That sound ok?

Top Bottom