• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BAM- Battle Arena Melbourne Tournament! May 17th-19th Preregister now!

Dekar289

Smash Hero
need a couple of volunteers for friday setup
just to come along in the CW van and move the smash TVs (12) from SLHQ to CQ ~4pm
then all we need to for a timely tournament is consoles, of which SLHQ also has some

pretty sure there is **** like exhibition/money matches on the friday night too, so ima assume ur in sam? gives you time to set up your recording **** too
anyone else with recording setup/laptop i strongly encourage to come to setup on friday also

also sam/puppy did you have a spare couch in your hotel room for fri night? :)

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
want to mention that i will no longer be staying at cq, so if anyone needs housing, ill fix you up.
Will you be at the CQ on friday evening? I was going to ask you to practice with me (if you had the time, I mean! :o) for a bit haha. :p *embarrassed*

just to come along in the CW van and move the smash TVs (12) from SLHQ to CQ ~4pm
then all we need to for a timely tournament is consoles, of which SLHQ also has some

pretty sure there is **** like exhibition/money matches on the friday night too, so ima assume ur in sam? gives you time to set up your recording **** too
anyone else with recording setup/laptop i strongly encourage to come to setup on friday also

I won't be there by 4 but when I do get there, if there's anything you need help with I should be happy to help set up. And i'll almost certainly be bringing a setup to add. :)

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
if slhq is bringing all the tvs you might not need mine sam, unless slhq falls short then mine are still available, let me know what you plan

S.D

Smash Master
What time will CW van be departing Dek? I should be fine to come help.

We should have some space in room, 3k per hour.

If it is not too much trouble Phil I'll probably still grab at least 1 off you and bring my own. Extra tvs never hurt.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
We shouldn't need tvs, but we will be needing setups for both games.

@luco: I'll be helping with the setup of the venue, so it depends how long that takes.

Remastered

Smash Lord
My procedure went well, and have been given the all clear from the Dr's, but my car decided to ignite itself and melt all my cables, lines and the right-hand front of the engine and wheel well, which even with insurance is going to cost me $2k to fix.

I could still manage this money wise, but saving for a wedding means expenses I can avoid need to be avoided.

I'll take Attila's advice and aim to get to SS later this year. There's one less person for you to seed Splice.

I find siege a terrible stage for D3 if your opponent knows what a tent is and how to run away. Get that **** off any stage list in Aus imo.

smopup

Smash Journeyman
Just booked the room. We've got the $149 option so there will be a couch for Dekar, as well as a bathtub in case anyone wants to sleep in that.

Splice

Smash Hero
For brawl can we run pools on saturday?
It'll make the second day easy + we can run amateur bracket and crews and give interstaters more time for MoneyMatch and friendlies.
Apart from like fuel maybe I'm pretty sure it doesn't cost anymore to attend both days, if people are willing and happy to come both days I think it'd be a better tournament overall.

Oh and I like how Brawl Singles is scheduled to run 1 hour longer than Melee lol.
Like if you want to show that Brawl will take longer than keep it proportionate, don't just add one hour add three or four lol

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
My procedure went well, and have been given the all clear from the Dr's, but my car decided to ignite itself and melt all my cables, lines and the right-hand front of the engine and wheel well, which even with insurance is going to cost me $2k to fix.

I could still manage this money wise, but saving for a wedding means expenses I can avoid need to be avoided.

I'll take Attila's advice and aim to get to SS later this year. There's one less person for you to seed Splice.

I find siege a terrible stage for D3 if your opponent knows what a tent is and how to run away. Get that **** off any stage list in Aus imo.
I'm going to try and make SS too.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
yeah it's call TIO not TO
be sure to write it 'TIO' to avoid confusion with Tournament Organiser (referring to a person who organises and runs tournaments)
http://tiopro.com/

there is no mac version
instead why not save frustration for years to come and just install a windows partition on your macs using boot camp or something =p
otherwise if someone has a windows laptop we could use that... with sd's device (?) or with my ezcap (or both! multiple melee recording setups :))

no idea where the schedule that is listed on the site came from. cw? leisha?
i liked last year's schedule. however part of the reason it was like that is because some big names could only attend on the saturday or sunday, not both. with that not being an issue this year, and all players paying for weekend passes anyway, maybe there's a better way to do it...
pools + teams for both games on day 1 perhaps

so myself/sd/redact stepping up for melee... who is filling in for leisha...? is shaya coming to this?

S.D

Smash Master
Shaya said he was very unlikely to make BAM at the tournament last week.
I like the idea of knocking pools and teams over on day one, brackets for day two... But we need to set something down in concrete ASAP.
Will there be enough (or any..) OOS attendance to warrant crews of any kind??
Day one hype match redact vs S.D $1 million MM

Jamwa

Smash Champion
...LF dubs partner. rip archaze
also someone teach me how to hack brawl just for textures/music/replays

YoshiAustralia

Smash Apprentice
Since I'm only entering brawl, I need to attend sunday only, correct? I'm already registered and everything.
It would also suit me better for it to be a Sunday-only event, since I don't know what time my basketball game will be on Saturday. Despite saying this, the games are usually around 3-5pm (3pm earliest), so if the brawl pools can be finished by 1:30Pm on Sat at the earliest, there is no problem.

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
...LF dubs partner. rip archaze
also someone teach me how to hack brawl just for textures/music/replays
Message me on Skype.

Sorry to ask so early but who houses people? I'm hoping to come to SS. Sorry to ask so early but I want to get this housing stuff out of the way ASAP.

I want to show how bad Queenslanders are at smash.

Bu$

HoC

I'm down to help, just chuck us the deets.

Nicks

Smash Journeyman
I would prefer brawl all on one day aswell. I will have lots of uni stuff around this time and will probably only be able to come to one day

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
i think me vs skeletom would be most hype

the guy lost to me by 1 stock and i was at 100%. it was a two stock comeback too

**** im gonna make it happen. East side pride match skeletom vs redact bo5

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
it was my understanding that we were going to have both games over both days. from a scheduling point of view, and from a ease of not playing for 12 straight hours point of view, this works better.

this is what i had discussed with chris and slhq.

jei, you agree?

Splice

Smash Hero
Do it for the event.
**** people with uni, make the event better.
Get some time management yo

Skeletom

Smash Journeyman
i think me vs skeletom would be most hype

the guy lost to me by 1 stock and i was at 100%. it was a two stock comeback too

**** im gonna make it happen. East side pride match skeletom vs redact bo5
I am going to bury my knee so far up your ass whoever pulls it out will be crowned King Arthur.

Also, Kier, you and me teaming for that Floppy Sausage Surprise special.

Nido

ily Sebby
So is Brawl happening on just Sunday or both Saturday and Sunday?

I would prefer just Sunday tbh.

Splice

Smash Hero
So is Brawl happening on just Sunday or both Saturday and Sunday?

I would prefer just Sunday tbh.
Schedule currently is (pretty much confirmed) ;
SATURDAY - Brawl Pools, Melee Pools, Brawl Doubles, Melee Doubles. (NOTE: Brawl pools will be running before doubles 99% certain)
SUNDAY - Brawl Singles and Melee Singles.

Extra time on either day may be devoted to CREW BATTLES.

Don't worry BaHoo, you only have to come on saturday anyway since you won't make pools ya mutt.

Plasia

Smash Journeyman
I am going to bury my knee so far up your *** whoever pulls it out will be crowned King Arthur.
Thumbs up.

--- --- --- ---

btw if you do doubles first then I can play melee, get to venue at about 3pm after class (yes I have Saturday class).

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I'd probably prefer all on the one day to practice but IMO I don't prefer it as a sizable margin - if it runs on both days I'll still be happy, just for different reasons.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
it's quite sad that smash organization and attendance has reached such a low level that individuals are now suggesting schedule changes not for the good of the tournament or the smash scene, but themselves personally
a week before a major too, nice work guys

7:30 - 10PM on the friday night BAM is open for 'exhibitions' (money matches, friendlies)
if anyone wants to come a little earlier (~3:30PM) and help setup, that'd be swell
if leisha could update the op that'd be swell too.... ... .

Jamwa

Smash Champion
The selfishness in this thread is so depressing I think I'm going to go and re-watch Code Geass to cheer myself up.

I can come after school (5ish) and bring my setup.
also keen to practise some doubles/singles with people or play new people from not Victoria.
who can come on Friday?

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
it's quite sad that smash organization and attendance has reached such a low level that individuals are now suggesting schedule changes not for the good of the tournament or the smash scene, but themselves personally
a week before a major too, nice work guys

7:30 - 10PM on the friday night BAM is open for 'exhibitions' (money matches, friendlies)
if anyone wants to come a little earlier (~3:30PM) and help setup, that'd be swell
if leisha could update the op that'd be swell too.... ... .
Please excuse me - i'm not used to the runnings of a major and just thought that if it was up in the air, that was my opinion.

I'd never be so selfish as to not take others into account, which is why I was very passive in my statement before.

YoshiAustralia

Smash Apprentice
The selfishness in this thread is so depressing I think I'm going to go and re-watch Code Geass to cheer myself up.

I can come after school (5ish) and bring my setup.
also keen to practise some doubles/singles with people or play new people from not Victoria.
who can come on Friday?
I'm fine with the schedule as it is now since brawl singles pools is early on Saturday (no clash with bball game) and Sunday I'm free. Btw, Code Geass is godlike.

Top Bottom