• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BAM- Battle Arena Melbourne Tournament! May 17th-19th Preregister now!

Splice

Smash Hero
Is it possible to pay at the likely monthly that will occur before BAM?
I do not enjoy bank transactions.

Splice

Smash Hero
I'll team with you, Seb is a weiner... Alternatively there are plenty of people who are good that still need team partners, you'll definitely find someone. Allens is likely coming down and afaik he has no doubles m8 organised.

Nicks

Smash Journeyman
I'll team with you, Seb is a weiner... Alternatively there are plenty of people who are good that still need team partners, you'll definitely find someone. Allens is likely coming down and afaik he has no doubles m8 organised.
Team with me Splice! We can win easy :)

Ledge_g2

Smash Ace
lol we never said we were going to team... did we? I think you just like making a scene ;)
I thought it was your thing to team with the best MK every tournament.
Hmm you were trialing me to be your regular partner, did I fail? :O

PS you can team with Billy if you like, I'm giving you permission :p.

Remastered

Smash Lord
I don't know how good I am on a national level anymore Splice. I can safely say I'm around Apollo's current skill level, where ever that may be on the grand scheme of things, given he is the only person beating me in QLD in tight sets.

I'm pretty sure Apollo placed top 5 at the last national he attended, but neither of us really play smash all that much anymore.

Going in for an operation this Friday, so the tell tale sign of whether I attend or not is how well I recover and the results after said procedure.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I would like to register along with my brother, but I need to know the latest time we need to be there by, as we have sporting commitments in the morning/afternoon.
You're not a NSW peep! You're a Vic peep! Stop pretending! :p

But on a more serious note, isn't the latest like early saturday? I seem to recall there are friday friendlies but you don't actually have to be there for them.

But i could be totally off. :)

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
I don't know how good I am on a national level anymore Splice. I can safely say I'm around Apollo's current skill level, where ever that may be on the grand scheme of things, given he is the only person beating me in QLD in tight sets.

I'm pretty sure Apollo placed top 5 at the last national he attended, but neither of us really play smash all that much anymore.

Going in for an operation this Friday, so the tell tale sign of whether I attend or not is how well I recover and the results after said procedure.
good luck!

wish a speedy recovery, and would love to see you at bam!

Splice

Smash Hero
If you're as good as Apollo than you will rip 99% of the competition to shreds at BAM.
I wish you the best in regards to your operation. If you can make it I will certainly do my best to find you a worthy doubles partner.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Luco: I wasn't responding to your comment :p great now u think i troll
early saturday huh? Can someone confirm the exact time. If early morning really is the latest we may not be ablt to make it T_T
Aww haha nono it's okay I knew you weren't, I was being the troll. Don't worry dude, my opinion of you is totally unaffected and my first impressions of people are usually good so you have nothing to worry about!! ^_^

Can't wait to see all of you there! I'll register as soon as I sort out the monetary stuff with my dad. :3

Remastered

Smash Lord
Thanks gents. I dunno about ripping people to pieces given my MU knowledge is pretty scarce given the depth of the player base in QLD. Scoot, Jesmo, Apollo are the only noteable players I have taken games or sets off in over a year. Jaice doesn't play anymore, so I don't practice the game either.

I might see if Apollo is interested in travelling down with me once I get results etc.

I will say that we are very keen for the Smash 4 release, and myself along with Jaice will definitely come back strong in the scene again.

Splice

Smash Hero
Can wait to see all of you there! :3
Can wait to see you too! :3

Matt if you have MK experience you have experience against 95% of Melbourne's playerbase.
The pandemic is ongoing.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Can wait to see you too! :3

Matt if you have MK experience you have experience against 95% of Melbourne's playerbase.
The pandemic is ongoing.
MK is everywhere up here too. So much so that even non-mains are using him to place top 10.

Hopefully I'll just dark horse my way to top 10 because half the community down there won't know who I am in person. ;)

So many new names in this thread alone.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
So many new names in this thread alone.
It's my first time getting into the scene outside Sydney but i've been here for a little while. :3

Personally I enjoy seeing all the new names... it's nice seeing all the people we could get. =D

EDIT: Oh guys, i've found a decent number of people who said they'd be interested in watching the stream. I'll ask around more though. =3

Remastered

Smash Lord
Glad to hear Brawl is still popular. We actually had an influx of new players at the last Lansmash up here. Will see if they stick around.

Hows the ruleset looking for this?

Jamwa

Smash Champion
Glad to hear Brawl is still popular. We actually had an influx of new players at the last Lansmash up here. Will see if they stick around.

Hows the ruleset looking for this?
Brinstar only

also want to team? I main Lucas and I beat Splice's DK so I'm kind of a big deal

Remastered

Smash Lord
Brinstar? Ganons Only? Dair Only?

I didn't know Splice's DK was beatable. You are the biggest thing I have ever heard of.

I actually can't remember ever playing Splice in a tourney set. Only doubles and some friendlies vaguely. I still remember Jaice's 2v1 Super Armour recover to Usmash on Yoshi's vs Splice/Earl at reloaded very well though.

Splice

Smash Hero
Archaze said:
I actually can't remember ever playing Splice in a tourney set. Only doubles and some friendlies vaguely. I still remember Jaice's 2v1 Super Armour recover to Usmash on Yoshi's vs Splice/Earl at reloaded very well though.
Nah m8, watevaaa, we still won the set. yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:secretkpop:

Ruleset is looking like 35 LGL for MK or LESS, not sure if other characters have LGL, just dont time out and it doesnt matter
BF and SV and FD starters
Halberd and Delfino and Yoshi's and Lylat and PSI all legal and Siege
Frigate in debate

Hoping we can do pools. I will see if I can put them together
It's a lot of fun :)

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
My goodness, threads on watch... should stay on watch... @.@

And I plan on sticking around... i'd like to be a big name in smash 4 if nothing else.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
If no one amazingly good looking wants to team with me, want to DO IT LIKE OLD SCHOOL S.D?
Meta Knight is legal right?
The rules talk about him (refer to 'mk's infinite cape glitch is banned') so i assume he's somewhat legal. He's also legal in doubles as far as I can tell as long as it's not double MK (also refer to doubles rules in that regard).

So generally, i'm gonna say yes unless it's double MK in doubles. :)

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Tight.

Time to execute my perfect gliding, shuttle looping, ftilt spacing, uair spamming, 34 ledge grabs or less in 8 minutes meta knight on the poor souls of Melbourne.
In doubles. And Frigate.

Top Bottom