• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BAM 2K11 - October 1st & 2nd - WE GOT SUM MANGO

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
overnight meet at mine on thursday, melee mostly

mango comes here at 5:25 am on friday, so we can play him on friday morning/day

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
and they would **** us too.. blargh its all so depressing lal
Wait till you go over there and get to improve knowing there are hundreds of players also improving who are as good as you or better.
Then come back to playing the people who will, for example, always roll after you laser their shield.
No matter how many times you tell them.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Nah if anything ill do the thing that won the poll:

Sat: Singles Pools (both games) + Doubles / Sun: Singles brackets

Pools likley not to come out (for melee) before sat

First post updated, not 100% set times, will just go with the flow to make the most of time.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Looking at registrations we have like 15 sign ups for brawl. Pools probably won't even happen lol.
If we get a whole bunch of people sign up on the day then we'll have to work on it then so pools released on the day if at all.

:phone:

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
we're def behind, but i gotta agree with soike. we're not stupid, just pretty far behind the metagame lol.

04 isai strategy was like, SH bair, tech chasing doesn't exist. Pretty sure if I made that my strat now i'd get butt ****ed (worse than i already do rofl).

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
our combo ability/follow up is good, but our overall player-reading ability and match up exp is waaayyy down

a lot of you still do really dumb things when it comes to edge guards and shield pressure/punishes

Splice

Smash Hero
Even if u have only 15 registrations for brawl, the important part of the seeding is splitting up top players so isnt it still useful to do that now?

Have 8 pools and of the people registered split em up n stuff.

:/
maaann....
All the brawl hype is at doubles now
guess ill see you in finals baranyays

Splice

Smash Hero
Errrrr... L

But he isn't able to practice with me beforehand

Not sure how we'll go tbh

If you need a team mate, team with Matt-G
I'll be honest Grim he's probably better than you and he needs a team mate
Imagine DoMo but with GaW and me as training partner
I know right, fast learner

Someone team with him.

Splice

Smash Hero
u suk grim.

Also; On second thought just do seeding on the day. From the rego thread i wasnt even sure who was genuine or not. For example is ZXV really only entering Melee? Is Apollo even coming? etc.

Due to lack of planning, at this point any fast pools you make will be slightly redundant so wait til the day just be hasty and smart about the pools k d00dz

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
u suk grim.

Also; On second thought just do seeding on the day. From the rego thread i wasnt even sure who was genuine or not. For example is ZXV really only entering Melee? Is Apollo even coming? etc.

Due to lack of planning, at this point any fast pools you make will be slightly redundant so wait til the day just be hasty and smart about the pools k d00dz
This exactly

:phone:

Remastered

Smash Lord
This tournament hasn't had any brawl focus from the beginning anyway. I'm assuming this is why it has caused the brawl unpopularity. I think i mentioned this a while ago.

Bad timing also didn't help the cause. Not blaming BAM, or ACL, it's just a shame they were so close together.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
yeah kinda bad timing for qld students.
oh well successful business men can go.

imo brawl works better without pools.
prefer to see 3 round swiss for seeding.

INFORMATION!!!

Smash Rookie
Yer that sounds like the best idea, Jei and Nova will just sort out pools on the day. I'm just some random, but I'll be there documenting stuff and playing friendlies.

No it's not obvious.
....It isn't.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
This tournament hasn't had any brawl focus from the beginning anyway. I'm assuming this is why it has caused the brawl unpopularity. I think i mentioned this a while ago.

Bad timing also didn't help the cause. Not blaming BAM, or ACL, it's just a shame they were so close together.
brawl started dying here a long time ago. i can't pinpoint it to anything in particular, but it's a shame, because i really enjoy the game.

swordsaint

Smash Master
redact killed your brawl scene, because you were hoping he'd help with brawl as well after cao left.

but we all know his opinion on brawl.

all you guys need is an enthusiastic brawl player to step up and make things interesting again.

Top Bottom