• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Balanced Brawl Standard Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Nayru's Love is an already good gtfo move, but isn't reliable because Zelda is vulnerable during the startup, then she's unvencible, but I'm not sure if it is SDIable... Anyways, if it doesn't hit, Zelda is very vulnerable again due to cooldown.
There are a lot of ways we can make Nayru's Love a good move. (A whole lot.) We're just trying to find what fits Zelda the best, which is surprisingly hard and might not have anythign to do with Nayru's Love in the end. We'll see.

The Flashy thing she could use is either a faster move of Din'sFire (even if the explotion is nerfed), I'd say also something with FW, but the actual change on it is awesome, so it's mainly ok.
As I mentioned, Din's Fire is almost 100% a dead end. We'd practically have to remake the move, which would be annoying. I'll look into it tohugh, we're not leaving any stone unturned. (We're testing lots of things right now. Lots.)

For Bowser, I second the SA on Bomber, so it's an anti-juggle move, but very punishable if fails. A very good option, imo.
Ditto about testing lots of things. We'll probably end up having some discussions on Bowser when the dust settles.

Samus is hard, because of her "uniqueness", The character like it is right now makes sense (she beats Ridley everytime!), but definetly needs something, like nerfing her kill power even more, but help in many silly ways, like having a reliable Usmash (wich has a good vertical range, btw), but I'm not sure about that...
You are right about Samus bring "unique" and difficult to work with. Samus might be the worst character in the game to make accidently broken.

I don't think FFA play is the major concern for BBrawl.
Balancing 666 matchups is a great undertaking. Balancing 443, 556 matchups is insane. ;)

Regardless, it's hardly a usability issue. The pieces make Zamus who she is as a character. Removing her pieces would be like taking away Peach's random items, or Yoshi's egg shield, or Kirby's copy powers.
Which people call for constantly. ;)

It would just be sad.
Yep. Keep in mind there are also lots of people who would remove items from Smash if they could, and others who would remove Item Switch if they could. Both are some of the worst ideas imaginable.

Would increasing the stun time on ZSS's neutral special, if only slightly, be plausible?
We already do this. :) It helps a decent amount, I think most people will agree with me.

JOE!

Smash Hero
I have an idea for bowser (and slightly charizard too) as they both have something nobody else in the cast has:

Fyah Breath

what i propose is that the first "tick" of fire breath, if possible, have a chance of "burn" on foes.

What this would be is essentially just slapping a flower on them, but somehow altering the GFX to make it look like a red pikmin was tossed on them...without the pikmin.

What this could do is both make firebreath much more rewarding potentially if you catch somebody in it (their fault), and more rewarding as a spacing tool, as that little flicker of flame now has a chance to light the foe on fire for extra damage.

thoughts?

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
You just blantantly forgot Charizard...

But well, the "tic" thing would be a very VERY tiny extra, so would be pretty... useless, considering its use on high level plays.
A timing change on Bowser's FB as many people suggest maybe would be very drastic, specially for balance; but maybe make it last more time could help (like, make it a reliable wall of hitboxes...).

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Programming custom debuffs into Brawl is virtually impossible--debuffs are headaches enough for an engine without having to modify an existing game at the assembly level due to the amount of scripting and testing involved.

Bowser is getting a lot of attention, and Charizard is NOT getting left out--I think we've got a pretty solid direction for him, something helpful but modest that makes sense.

Meanwhile, as a point of discussion, let's see... Can anyone think of *any* way PK Flash can be a redeemable move? Even eliminating all the ending lag or letting Ness interrupt it at any time (projectile still can't fire) still gives you a terrible move--now you just have a terrible with jerk animation. It's kinda to be expected that such a slow move with no mobility is doomed to be worthless in 1v1, but it's still a shame.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Right, I think the keyword here is "discrete". Singluar, cohesive, atomic changes are not much of an issue in terms of adaption.

We know this is a big step and are as paranoid about it as you. Continued feedback on such matters will be valued.

Of course. It would be impossible for me to agree more.

Shield damage is interesting and a tool I'm really really excited to have. However, it's kinda tricky to use for balance. For example, if you add excessive damage to a move you've just made a powerful move--if you add excessive shield damage, you've possibly created a nightmarish pressure tool. That said, shield damage allows for very offense-focused buffs, which is invaluable.
Thanks for the responses! I'm glad (though not at all surprised) that you guys are being as careful as I'd hope. I hope we can find a use for shield damage, because the idea of a character who is dangerous to shields is a neat one that hasn't really been used in Brawl yet. I think a safer route than giving one move a good deal of shield damage would be to give many moves small to moderate shield damage. Maybe just like an overall +1-3 shield damage across the board would be consistent and would make the character dangerous -- to the point that his moves would be "safer" on shield without actually being safe on shield.

Meanwhile, as a point of discussion, let's see... Can anyone think of *any* way PK Flash can be a redeemable move? Even eliminating all the ending lag or letting Ness interrupt it at any time (projectile still can't fire) still gives you a terrible move--now you just have a terrible with jerk animation. It's kinda to be expected that such a slow move with no mobility is doomed to be worthless in 1v1, but it's still a shame.
That's an interesting idea. Off the top of my head, the only ideas I have are either speeding up the move's startup or the projectile itself, or giving the move invincibility or Super Armor for at least part of its duration.

Alternately, the move could be improved by having it fire when it hits a wall or when Ness is hit out of it.

All of these ideas are pretty extreme though.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
It's usable, it destroys air-dodges. IMO to buff it make it explode sooner after release.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Thanks for the responses! I'm glad (though not at all surprised) that you guys are being as careful as I'd hope. I hope we can find a use for shield damage, because the idea of a character who is dangerous to shields is a neat one that hasn't really been used in Brawl yet. I think a safer route than giving one move a good deal of shield damage would be to give many moves small to moderate shield damage. Maybe just like an overall +1-3 shield damage across the board would be consistent and would make the character dangerous -- to the point that his moves would be "safer" on shield without actually being safe on shield.
We've looked at shield damage a lot, on many characters and moves. I'm about to go write and test Ness dash attack having bonus shield damage, for example. I really am serious when I say we are testing lots and lots and lots of stuff though--several of the moves I've tested +SD on have turned out poorly, and others have turned out interesting and worth further investigation.

That's an interesting idea. Off the top of my head, the only ideas I have are either speeding up the move's startup or the projectile itself, or giving the move invincibility or Super Armor for at least part of its duration.

Alternately, the move could be improved by having it fire when it hits a wall or when Ness is hit out of it.

All of these ideas are pretty extreme though.
The movement and control of the projectile itself we don't have much control over and I'd be hesitant to mess with if we could. Invincibility or armor wouldn't really fit Ness, and it wouldn't really make the move more interesting or fun.

We've done a pretty good job so far of seeking out and testing possible places for super armor. The last test game I played had, between the four characters playing, 7 new counts of super armor on their combined movesets. (Or 21, if you count by sub-actions.) That sounds extreme, but there's a really simple explanation. ;)

It's usable, it destroys air-dodges. IMO to buff it make it explode sooner after release.
I'm not sure we can do that. :/ Interesting idea though.

CarVac

Smash Journeyman
I agree with rPSI on the PK Flash issue. Faster release would be nice.

DO NOT make it explode on contact with the ground; if you want it to explode no matter what, shorthop it. Letting it hit the ground is a countermeasure against reflection.

Actually, cool idea: Don't make Ness go into a helpless state after use. That way uncharged Flashes in midair could possibly be followed up with an upair or maybe even a tailwhip>PKT2.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Actually, cool idea: Don't make Ness go into a helpless state after use. That way uncharged Flashes in midair could possibly be followed up with an upair or maybe even a tailwhip>PKT2.
We actually had this in very early versions. It might see a comeback if the move does see some magical new use.

Honestly though, I don't expect much. Like Sing, the world might be better off without PK Flash being a good move. There are other paths to investigate on Ness.

What do people think about Sonic?

Eldiran

Smash Lord
We've looked at shield damage a lot, on many characters and moves. I'm about to go write and test Ness dash attack having bonus shield damage, for example. I really am serious when I say we are testing lots and lots and lots of stuff though--several of the moves I've tested +SD on have turned out poorly, and others have turned out interesting and worth further investigation.
Sounds good! I trust you guys to find the right places for it.

The movement and control of the projectile itself we don't have much control over and I'd be hesitant to mess with if we could. Invincibility or armor wouldn't really fit Ness, and it wouldn't really make the move more interesting or fun.

We've done a pretty good job so far of seeking out and testing possible places for super armor. The last test game I played had, between the four characters playing, 7 new counts of super armor on their combined movesets. (Or 21, if you count by sub-actions.) That sounds extreme, but there's a really simple explanation. ;)

I'm not sure we can do that. :/ Interesting idea though.
I agree the armor isn't very fitting for Ness -- I'm excited to see where else you put it though.

As for editing projectiles, are you familiar with Dantarion's OpenSA2? Here is a text dump from an old version: http://opensa.dantarion.com/tmp/

Many of the offsets within you can enter into PSA as a subroutine and edit directly. For example, looking in ness.txt at Ness's first article, I can see this:

Code:
Action 0x0
@19BF8
Move, 
-----------|START|--------------------------
Change Action(2) - ID=0x3, Requirement=Hit Wall, Variable=0xFF
Change Subaction - Move
----------------------------|END|-----------
I'm pretty sure his first article is his PK Flash, since Action 2 and Action 3 are labeled "Bang" and "NoBang" respectively. I could make the Flash explode when it hits a wall if I changed this:

Code:
Change Action(2) - ID=0x3, Requirement=Hit Wall, Variable=0xFF
to change to Action ID 2 instead.

Similarly, I'm pretty sure I could make the Flash move faster with a simple Frame Speed Modifier.

I haven't tested this example on Ness, but that's how it works for all the other projectiles I've edited.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Right, I was talking about the control behavior. The articles I don't know how to edit are Kirby copy powers. ;)

Trust me, I've spent way too much time staring at PSA/OpenSA lately.

NovaRyumaru

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NovaRyumaru
Yeah removing her armor pieces is a terrible idea.

@Nova
Or...You know, you could just powershield the armor pieces? Just sayin'.

Plus it's a FFA, that isn't a concern with BBrawl, it's a competitive environment.

All Zamus really has is Paralyze shenanigans. She needs a buff. Her gimmick was mostly get a HUGE lead with the armor, and try to maintain that lead throughout the match. It was HARD to catch up past 1st stock.

Also, you mention +1, as in Timer mode and not stock?
No, by +1 I mean free kill, thus +1 in current standings stock wise. again, not an issue 1v1 but really annoying in FFA. The damage they do is fine, it's the power to 'em that's the annoying factor.

Yep. Keep in mind there are also lots of people who would remove items from Smash if they could, and others who would remove Item Switch if they could. Both are some of the worst ideas imaginable.
This makes me cry, items although really have much more to do with luck than anything else, are once in a while fun to have certain item lists on and just screw around.

Such as exlosives, nothing says lol quite as well as bob-ombs popping up int he way of your attacks. Except maybe nailing a soccerball with a baseball bat and 1 shoting someone... DING!

====

Anyway, onto a new topic: :yoshi2:

Any plans for Yoshi coming up that are neat? I remember seeing he loses the grounding element on his f-air which I kinda like better, will be able to f-air > u-air again as a juggle setup from the ledge. However there's still something he could use, namely something out of shield, would be quite nice if he had a little less shield drop lag; or you coudl go for amazing and let him ground pound out of shield :p

EvolveOrDie

Smash Cadet
On the subject of Bowser:
Just suggestions some may be old/terrible/broke/impossible

Jab
The idea here would be to improve bowser's jab cancel
1-4 more frames of hit stun
2-8 more frames of shield stun
If possible more shield push on second jab

Dash Attack
Simply more shield damage, enough to make it a viable threat against low shields, an all or nothing gamble

Forward Smash Second Hit
Almost absurd amounts of shield damage, let's face it if your still there and haven't moved/hit bowser you made a terrible mistake and deserve it, also let it hit harder 3~5% more damage

Upsmash Second Hit
Shield Push and shield damage

Downsmash
Shield damage so it functions similar to pikachu's downsmash (I know this is probably against project goals since the hitbox probably isn't there but a vortex effect to make up partial for this move's dishonest range would be nice)

Up/Down throw
2-6% increase in damage to increase his close-quarters capabilities and make up for the lose of grab release abuses

We all know Bowser suffers from his size and recovery and while these buffs don't address his weaknesses, they do give him an answer other than grab and koopa klaw to dissuade his opponents from camping the shield.

Crazy ideas:
Super armor on nair for the entire time in shell, could address numerous issues or be stupidly abusive

NovaRyumaru

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NovaRyumaru
Crazy ideas:
Super armor on nair for the entire time in shell, could address numerous issues or be stupidly abusive
That's a pretty neat idea, though it just makes me think of Squirtle's Side-B, gotta love hitting him with something when he tries to use it and actually forcing him off stage. xD

dansal

Smash Apprentice
Regarding PK Flash, why not make it sort of an 'Idle smash attack'; remove the ability to move it around and make it charge faster, and have it hit on all sides of Ness, and keep the midair helpless state after use?

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Right, I was talking about the control behavior. The articles I don't know how to edit are Kirby copy powers. ;)

Trust me, I've spent way too much time staring at PSA/OpenSA lately.
My bad. I get overexcited at the chance to contribute to BBrawl :p

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
With the tools that are being used, I doubt PK Flash is really saveable. However I might suggest adding a stun element to it, since I'm going to assume that PK Flash is barely landable when not fully charged, and that would be imo the most practical way of increasing its uses at this point. Besides when you think about it, PK Flash in Earthbound is known for its disruptive properties. Oh but if you do manage to quicken the release frames of PK Flash, yeah. That would help.

Sonic needs a new setup into kill move....Pierce suggested lowering angle of N-air to force a tech situation.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Sorry if it seems i'm just chiming in without reading up on anything, but is ike's down smash still worthless or was there a decision made about that?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I just quote the changelist and then implement the search function, since the character icons use their names.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
With the tools that are being used, I doubt PK Flash is really saveable. However I might suggest adding a stun element to it, since I'm going to assume that PK Flash is barely landable when not fully charged, and that would be imo the most practical way of increasing its uses at this point. Besides when you think about it, PK Flash in Earthbound is known for its disruptive properties. Oh but if you do manage to quicken the release frames of PK Flash, yeah. That would help.

Sonic needs a new setup into kill move....Pierce suggested lowering angle of N-air to force a tech situation.
I experimented with PK flash being able to stun, didn't really like it that much. In the event that you do get a charged one, it's kinda wonky.

Also, Sonic is the man of the hour. (I do mean hour, that's not a metaphor.) He's getting plenty of attention.

Sorry if it seems i'm just chiming in without reading up on anything, but is ike's down smash still worthless or was there a decision made about that?
I don't think we are going to look at Ike's d-smash more--Ike is getting attention otherwise though.

Reposted for great searching justice.
Sure, I'll take care of it soon and for future changelists--gonna focus on getting to the next milestone for the next release first though.

shanus

Smash Hero
Do you guys still believe in not altering hitbox size?

Uncharged PK Flash becomes considerably more useful with a slight speed boost in its start-up and hitbox size (its uncharged size is pitiful at the moment, if you do around 1.5x to 2x in size it finally fits its own graphic). Gives it utility as a tech chase move and even utility on shields.

Just some old food for thought changes from old B+ builds

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616

Uncharged PK Flash becomes considerably more useful with a slight speed boost in its start-up and hitbox size (its uncharged size is pitiful at the moment, if you do around 1.5x to 2x in size it finally fits its own graphic). Gives it utility as a tech chase move and even utility on shields.

At that point we're making a pretty substantial change for relatively little benefit. Doesn't it use the same hitbox size for all cases? That's probably the cause of the issue to begin with, and "fixing" it for the big explosion could make the little explosion be a bit wonky.

NovaRyumaru

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NovaRyumaru

I rather like that change, attacks that don't always match the graphics of them really tick me off, such as Lucario's attacks having about 30% more reach than the appear to have, more so when further behind.

shanus

Smash Hero
At that point we're making a pretty substantial change for relatively little benefit. Doesn't it use the same hitbox size for all cases? That's probably the cause of the issue to begin with, and "fixing" it for the big explosion could make the little explosion be a bit wonky.
I don't believe it does, at least in my memory I think it has like 6 or article subactions. I'm pretty sure you can target different points of the move, but I'd need to double check.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Are you sure? We just went through the KirbyHat articles, and PK Flash/Freeze both have just one hitbox subaction named "Bang".

JOE!

Smash Hero
for sonic, why not speed up Homing Attack a ****-ton so it is actually reminiscant of homing atack from SA games?

Lokee

Smash Apprentice
Hey BBrawl Players just off the presses (after I got it working)

Anyway tired of seeing Hanenbow when you know its the Wifi Waiting Room. Well fret no more as in the movement of bettering the visual nature of Bbrawl I've made a Stage select replacement so now the remnants of Hanenbow is gone and only the Wifi Waiting Room remains. So enjoy

http://www.mediafire.com/?zbvtmyjokgz

To use, place the "common5.pac" file from the download in this hierarchy on your SD card.
private\wii\APP\RSBE\pf\System
and it should be ready to go

Also for anyone else here is my Balanced Brawl Title screen:

http://www.mediafire.com/?zyznljemhd2

To use, place the "sc_title.pac" file from the download place in this hierarchy on your SD card.
private\wii\APP\RSBE\pfmenu2

(thank ....''''Nuclear432''''.... for his SSP Guide-Stage Selection Portraits Guide)

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Lokee, I'm looking at this stuff ingame, and before I say anything, I want to say I really appreciate this sort of thing. Anyway, my suggestions/constructive criticism...

-The title screen is great, though the text at the bottom is really hard to read on my TV. Is there any way to make it a little bigger and just have it go lower on the screen (that black box it's in has some empty space at the bottom). That's really the only issue I have with it.

-The WiFi icon is a little... beige. It kinda stands out a lot next to the other icons. Maybe the actual icon itself should be something like a super zoomed in picture of Sandbag? I know the stage is really plain and offers little to work with, but the other icons are so dynamic and colorful that this one just stands out, even next to PictoChat.

-How hard is it to port this hack to another stage? If we can get a non-buggy custom stage select screen code working, I'd probably want the WiFi icon to actually be replacing the menu icon if something has to be replaced because Hanenbow itself would also be on the SSS. On this note, directed to anyone who knows, is there a non-buggy (meaning it doesn't cause horrible behavior in the replays menu) version of the SSS code these days? Ideal behavior would be that it can add extra stages, still switch which stages correspond to what in random select like the old one could (like I have Hanenbow and WiFi on the SSS, but if Hanenbow's random slot is given to WiFi), and make all "new" stages not appear in My Music the same way Hanenbow doesn't appear. This would make the game's presentation a lot better...

-Is it possible/reasonable to replace the graphics for Hanenbow on the random stage select screen with appropriate ones for WiFi? That would make things generally more complete/professional.

Again though, thanks for the work you've done, and if the answer to any or all inquiries is some form of "no", I don't begrudge it. I'm just bringing this stuff up since quality graphic work like this does help our presentation value.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Hey BBrawl Players just off the presses (after I got it working)

Anyway tired of seeing Hanenbow when you know its the Wifi Waiting Room. Well fret no more as in the movement of bettering the visual nature of Bbrawl I've made a Stage select replacement so now the remnants of Hanenbow is gone and only the Wifi Waiting Room remains. So enjoy

http://www.mediafire.com/?zbvtmyjokgz

To use, place the "common5.pac" file from the download in this hierarchy on your SD card.
private\wii\APP\RSBE\pf\System
and it should be ready to go

Also for anyone else here is my Balanced Brawl Title screen:

http://www.mediafire.com/?zyznljemhd2

To use, place the "sc_title.pac" file from the download place in this hierarchy on your SD card.
private\wii\APP\RSBE\pfmenu2

(thank ....''''Nuclear432''''.... for his SSP Guide-Stage Selection Portraits Guide)
lol, I already made my own.

Lokee

Smash Apprentice
Ill see what I can do AA. Youre right on those things especially the Wifi Icon just the nature of the stage's one dimensional colors and empty background make it hard to design for and I wanted most of the stage to be seen as well.

Ill get to work on it and come back with an update.

lol, I already made my own.
SHOW ME!!!!

EDIT: Maybe someone could design a more interesting texture for WWR. Especially the Background or something

Red Leader

Smash Rookie
Just a quick question: I was trying to use the latest test build of BB (http://balancedbrawl.net/downloads/) to try it out after playing the original release, but I couldn't seem to get it to boot with the changes implemented.

Is there anything missing in the build ZIP that prevents it from being booted, like the apparently missing boot.elf file?

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
The test build assumes you have some boot method set up for yourself; it's not really built for non-HBC users. For the time being I recommend you try the standard release. However, Thinkaman and I are getting together a more releasable version of some recent stuff we've been doing that will be... easier to use I guess you could say.

Mit

Smash Ace
Lokee, I'm looking at this stuff ingame, and before I say anything, I want to say I really appreciate this sort of thing. Anyway, my suggestions/constructive criticism...

-The title screen is great, though the text at the bottom is really hard to read on my TV. Is there any way to make it a little bigger and just have it go lower on the screen (that black box it's in has some empty space at the bottom). That's really the only issue I have with it.

-The WiFi icon is a little... beige. It kinda stands out a lot next to the other icons. Maybe the actual icon itself should be something like a super zoomed in picture of Sandbag? I know the stage is really plain and offers little to work with, but the other icons are so dynamic and colorful that this one just stands out, even next to PictoChat.

-How hard is it to port this hack to another stage? If we can get a non-buggy custom stage select screen code working, I'd probably want the WiFi icon to actually be replacing the menu icon if something has to be replaced because Hanenbow itself would also be on the SSS. On this note, directed to anyone who knows, is there a non-buggy (meaning it doesn't cause horrible behavior in the replays menu) version of the SSS code these days? Ideal behavior would be that it can add extra stages, still switch which stages correspond to what in random select like the old one could (like I have Hanenbow and WiFi on the SSS, but if Hanenbow's random slot is given to WiFi), and make all "new" stages not appear in My Music the same way Hanenbow doesn't appear. This would make the game's presentation a lot better...

-Is it possible/reasonable to replace the graphics for Hanenbow on the random stage select screen with appropriate ones for WiFi? That would make things generally more complete/professional.

Again though, thanks for the work you've done, and if the answer to any or all inquiries is some form of "no", I don't begrudge it. I'm just bringing this stuff up since quality graphic work like this does help our presentation value.
I'm not sure on some of your wording, but I'll provide what I know on stage hacking.

- The SSS code was fixed by PhantomWings a day or so after someone mentioned to him that it was buggy (back when he first revealed his code to add stages to the roster, which I believe is what you're talking about). So, replays and whatnot are fine now.

- All added stages to the roster either randomly have Final Destination or Battlefield's icon.

- There is a code to make added stages appear when choosing random, but I don't think you can toggle them on or off. Either the code is there or it isn't. You also can't choose which added stages are on random, all (up to 9) of the stages will be available for random if the code is enabled.

- You could leave Hanenbow as is and just simply add Wifi to the roster using the above methods. Hanenbow could still appear in random, Wifi would appear in random bundled with any other added stages.

- It sounds like you're aware of Dantarion's code (maybe?), where you can designate which stage you pick via button input, so doing this would allow Hanenbow and Wifi to both be available from Hanenbow's icon.

I'm not sure if that answered any of your questions @_@ But that's what I know anyways.

EDIT: Ack, I thought 298 was the last page. Ah well :p

shanus

Smash Hero
Are you sure? We just went through the KirbyHat articles, and PK Flash/Freeze both have just one hitbox subaction named "Bang".
If thats the case, then I probably confused it with aurasphere or something else.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I got something pretty awesome cooked up using that new SSS code; it is indeed just as flexible as the old one though just less buggy (though not without bugs, including what I think is more a design oversight than a bug in the code that puts stages in My Music that should not be there, which due to a quirk of how I implemented the code means I'm staring at Hanenbow which crashes when selected in My Music). I also did some texture work that really improves our presentation value I think; anything anyone else was working on or thinking of working on in this regard is probably best put on hold until the next release when this will be publicly available.

If only PW's extra stage slots didn't appear in My Music the same way Hanenbow's slot does not, then it would be (very close to) perfect too...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom