• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

B.E.A.S.T. II - 11-14 Aug 2011 [ROAD TO APEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Well continuing with the trend, I'm sure some folk will help with your flight or canoe. I'm sure there are a ton of Europeans that would love to meet you and see you play against the guys that haven't come here like Ice and Pasi. You should give it a try. A nice Smash vacation type of thing could be a good way to brighten up things for you. It would be really cool to see Melee's Top 5 all in the same tournament, only in PAL this time.

It's also quite a long time away, so I'm sure you can plan ahead for this.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Tip for finding cheap flights to Europe, and you don't mind having very little luggage (like 10kg):
Find the cheapest flights to anywhere in Europe, and then use Ryanair to get to your FD.

Wake

Smash Master
jiggs is already broken in ntsc, in pal she should be banned

and yeah I doubt I'll ever go to europe because I have no confidence in myself I mean **** I lose to armada in ntsc how the **** am I supposed to win in PAL it's pointless if I'd be expecting to profit at all, and with my money situation there is no way it would be intelligent to go at all for me unless it was for just fun
This might be a dumb question, but I'm a beginner anyways, how is puff different in PAL?

Hack

Smash Journeyman
Why would anyone want to play her? She's the most boring character by far, you barely get any satisfaction out of winning, and losing makes you feel like ****.
I only play her occasionaly to give Armada practice and to mess with people. If I EVER picked her up for tournaments, it would be for financial purposes only. I wouldn't succeed though - I don't play well if I don't have fun.

Jonas

Smash Champion
Why would anyone want to play her? She's the most boring character by far, you barely get any satisfaction out of winning, and losing makes you feel like ****.
You're not going to tell me everyone would throw out a free ticket to the bracket and maybe even some of the top spots (MONEY!!!) just because a broken character is "boring".

Besides it's really subjective. Some people actually think Puff is fun to play.

leffen

Smash Champion
I agree with M2Ks logic.
Ban the character that has ONE player, who to boot loses to a lot of different characters/players BUT;
heavily argue against a MK ban, who has total dominance over the metagame EVEN WITH SEVERAL RULES JUST TO KEEP HIM FROM BEING BANWORTHY. Metaknight is played by over 33% of all brawl tournament entrants.

You have even admitted to keeping several mk tricks secret just to keep him from getting banned, but in melee you are the one whos LEARNING people how to plank with jiggs, while you got furious at plank for planking.

Hypocrisy and bias ftw.

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
on the contrary i'd actually bet money on over 33% of the melee players using spacies in tournament

leffen

Smash Champion
Contrary to your own belief you are ******** and I cant even comprehend that sentence because of how horribly written it is.

Oh and for fyi there are a lot more characters in brawl, and spacies havent even won a tenth of all melee nationals.

;)

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
Contrary to your own belief you are ******** and I cant even comprehend that sentence because of how horribly written it is.

Oh and for fyi there are a lot more characters in brawl, and spacies havent even won a tenth of all melee nationals.

;)

And I didn't say anything about nothing you said about anything ;)

Zoler

Smash Ace
jiggs is already broken in ntsc, in pal she should be banned

and yeah I doubt I'll ever go to europe because I have no confidence in myself I mean **** I lose to armada in ntsc how the **** am I supposed to win in PAL it's pointless if I'd be expecting to profit at all, and with my money situation there is no way it would be intelligent to go at all for me unless it was for just fun
Well, then go for fun if your money situation becomes good enough to handle it (tho you would still probably place top 3, even if you "can't" beat Armada)

Mizar

Smash Ace
Well, then go for fun if your money situation becomes good enough to handle it (tho you would still probably place top 3, even if you "can't" beat Armada)
Dude even if PP and Hbox don't go, theres still a pretty good chance that he won't win money in singles.

Olikus

Smash Champion
Im guarantee to come if its gonna be a 64 side event, but im most likely go anyway cus of the friendlies possibilitys anyway. So sign me up^^

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
But Leffen you say MK is played by over 33% of the players in Brawl. You're not talking about tournament winners.

I really wouldn't be surprised if much more than over 33% of players in Melee played space animals.

Dart!

Smash Master
shoutouts to faab armada amsah and aniolas! if you guys are going...i can't tell which european tourneys you guys go to...>_< i'll be awaiting the results of this :)

Aldwyn McCloud

Smash Ace
Good news folks! Me, Omega, Overlord and My Girlfriend have all booked (other Italians will be booking soon). Hope to see some American pros this time ^^. Also, any news on the showers?

Aniolas

Smash Ace
shoutouts to faab armada amsah and aniolas! if you guys are going...i can't tell which european tourneys you guys go to...>_< i'll be awaiting the results of this :)
Thanks man.
Pretty sure Amsah and Faab will make it. I'm one of the TO's, so I'll be there. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom