• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

B.E.A.S.T. II - 11-14 Aug 2011 [ROAD TO APEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hack

Smash Journeyman
So I heard this will ****ing rock everyones world!
God, I love smash. And I love the community.
Friends, smash and beer <3

Dimitris

Smash Ace
At big tournaments like this, are there usually some beginning smashers too, or mostly only experienced people walking around?

Beat!

Smash Master
Oh, there are beginners alright.

*Points at myself*

Don't worry about it, there will be a lot of non-pros too. :d

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
It's the beginners that allow tournaments like this to happen. There just aren't enough pros to make them this big, hype, affordable and with big winnings.

VA

Smash Hero
I'm almost certainly going to attend this.

If Pasi goes I'm going ninja him as my teammate ^_^

VA

Smash Hero
that just blew my mind, that post just sort of magicked onto the page without me doing anything, it freaking faded in.

imma wait until it happens again *stares at screen*

d'aww not happening :(

Blubby

Smash Apprentice
Happy to announce that the Austrians (Pasi, Norm, Timi, kiw1) are all interested and nearly confirmed for this shiaaaat ;D

VA

Smash Hero
Yeah ok I am now, but in seriousness I spoke to him and asked him to come to Beast 2 because he wasn't planning on it.

I don't know who's he teaming with, if he's teaming with you that's cool I'll see if Baxon is free we'll pwn you :p

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
Yay, the potential for more vids. Honestly though I don't see how any of you europeans manage to afford trips to play smash. Do you have good jobs or something? maybe after I become an engineer I will have enough spare money to fly places to play, but I was seriously shocked at how many europeans were at Pound V; I mean I only had to drive 5 hrs, but you guys were flying. And most of you looked to be <22, but maybe i'm just not good at telling ages

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Yay, the potential for more vids. Honestly though I don't see how any of you europeans manage to afford trips to play smash. Do you have good jobs or something? maybe after I become an engineer I will have enough spare money to fly places to play, but I was seriously shocked at how many europeans were at Pound V; I mean I only had to drive 5 hrs, but you guys were flying. And most of you looked to be <22, but maybe i'm just not good at telling ages
Flying in Europe costs $5 one-way if you're lucky, no joke. Getting to the airport costs more than the flight itself.

smakis

Smash Ace
the power of ryanair (in europe that is, when it comes to the US we are just loaded /nod)

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Uhh there's no way it costs that much to go to the US.

Even if I'm from EC, it costs 1k to go to EU, I'm hesitant... its so much money.
Inside, not outside of Europe. I assumed he talked about tournaments in general, not just the US. My point was that the US tournaments are the only ones worth mentioning cost-wise.

edit: Put in another way...
If an american flies to four american tournaments, that same amount of money can be used by a european to fly to four european tournaments plus a trip to the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom