• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura Malarkey in 3D .:. Lsgd

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Flamey lost to great jaggi (easy first warm-up boss in Monster Hunter 3) with bowgun.

I called him a wuss.

He told me to try it.

I made a bowgun almost exactly like his, went in with only the default (****ty) ammo, and beat that boss in around 20min.

Note that this was the first time I've ever used bowgun in my history of playing monster hunter.

ggs good sir.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Trela could always use more UTilt against Snake :U

Or not play too aggro. The most dangerous Snake for Lucario to fight is the bait Snake, aggrocario is weak to bait Snake :<

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Lucario doesn't have as much of a choice in the matter since Lucario is forced to approach.

Not that you can't be more patient in an approach, which is probably what you're referring to, in which case is a good tip, but at times it's a little hard when you're pressured through a bottleneck sized pool of opportunities/options.

Snake sucks to fight until you get him up in the air, although MTI I do agree with you on the needing of more utilt, because I noticed that there were tons of times where he was awkwardly spaced which caused him to miss jabs and the like, but if he did utilt he would've popped snake up more.

I also think he needs more uthrow. Bthrow does almost nothing against snake in terms of followups unless you act IMMEDIATELY (junebug gets some stuff with it, but if you don't get on snake the moment you throw him, he's all the way up there and has more options to get away from you). Uthrow is great against snake because regardless of DI, percent (and therefore knockback from uthrow) and his options, you're going to nail him with an aerial at least half the time, and it helps even more that bair isn't an option for him since he's sent in tumble facing TOWARDS you. I saw a video where Junebug used uthrow on Takeover, and even when he was at like 130% and he DIed away from him, junebug still got a fair -> nair on him. I might also mention that if one has looked at the frame data (luckily one of the few things I can say is truly accurate are the aerials/standard attacks), his aerials also have a long duration, which helps against one of snake's options: air dodge.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Better to be 3 stocked by a rare character than by a character more common than a cold.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Lucario doesn't have as much of a choice in the matter since Lucario is forced to approach.
Pretty much this. Snake can just walk, powershield anything you do, and then punish accordingly. There's no reason for Snake to rush in when he can just set up traps C4 and mine, camp with nades, and just wait for you to make a mistake. When his ftilt can clank with utilt, something is wrong. <_<

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
I don't think we have a set strategy to snake yet.

none of us do.

I really think its our 2nd hardest MU [to DDD ofc]

iLink

Smash Champion
I hate snake

by far my worst MU

also I just realized how amazing our dash is for baiting and spacing.

Steam

Smash Hero
anyone who wants to help steam the sorry lucario soul please go to video thread and laugh at my luc.

@iLink- I lurve Dashing shield and Dash AS charge shenanigans. what I don't love is that it makes me trip 3-4 times a game.

iLink

Smash Champion
Not just dashing forward but the distance it covers is good to counter attack if you dash back then forth. I also got a lot of people off guard by dash dancing back then forward with a dash attack.

A lot of local tourneys here actually incorporate no tripping codesets which I like. Although I did trip a whole lot while testing with dashes, like 6 or 7 times a round sometimes lol.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
well go on getting ***** by superior blue furries and don't come crying to me next time Trela makes your butthole sore again.
Are you even trying to prove anything anymore?
Because I honestly can't see it.

Besides, Trela and I still go down to the last stock here and there anyways. Can't see how you can call that ****, but whatever makes you feel better, I suppose.

Doubt any other Lucario would give me any sort of trouble, to be honest.

This is unbelievably satisfying.

Why is it quoted as me? :<

Top Bottom