• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

At long last, Presenting GSH2, a Brawl+ Nightly Test Set and Discussion Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanus

Smash Hero
That wasn't my point...? I know how to play...My point was why make this melee when clearly the name says Brawl+.
ecause ASL was in 64, too, right?

Whats the point of your post because saying omgmelee adds no credibility or reason why anyone should listen?

ValTroX

Smash Ace
That wasn't my point...? I know how to play...My point was why make this melee when clearly the name says Brawl+.
Well the thing is that it's a competitive game, and mistakes SHOULD be punished, no sweetspotting is a mistake.
Edit: the idea of grabbing the edge when upb ends is great, but I'm certainly concerned about Peach. What the other guys mentioned certainly has logic, if you grab the edge only when you are on freefall, that means that peach has to press down when you are near edge, making it hard/impossible to sweetspot.

Chepe

Smash Lord
A friend of mine is updating and is he has a question. He uses Smash Stack to load Gecko OS and is using the Windows Updatifier. However, he's not sure which option to pick between 1 and 3. Option 1 mentions Gecko OS/Regular Brawl Disc which sounds right, but Option 3 says without using the Homebrew Channel which also sounds right since he doesn't have the Homebrew Channel installed.

Which option should he pick?

ValTroX

Smash Ace
^If he doesn't have homebrew channel, he needs to pick the one without homebrew channel, in which I think he needs to delete all custom stages, correct me if I'm wrong, because you load B+ from the stage builder.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Yeah, he uses Smash Stack instead which loads Gecko OS from the Stage Builder, correct. So Option 3 it is? If someone doesn't mind answering, what is the difference between the file-changing in the SD card done in Option 1 and Option 3?

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
  • Ness: No grab during up-B
  • Lucas: No grab during up-B
Their up-b, at the moment, sweetspot regardless of hitlag or not. I figured that since their auto-sweetspot was left in, even after removing Lucario's auto-sweetspot, it means that the B+ crew have decided that making those two's up-b not auto-sweetspot to be too strong of a recovery nerf (especially since with the fact that they'll bounce off the ledge without it)...?
I don't see why auto snapping recoveries when someone is in a shield is such a big deal. It only happens when someone shields right?
No, it happens when you hit ANYTHING that's hittable.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Hmm I dunno, the Mother boys recoveries probably have to be looked at more in-depth. Same with Bowser and DK, because I'm not really sure exactly when their up-Bs "end." If it's while they're on their way down, we might have to work around that.

As for Peach, I'm pretty sure her up-B technically ends after the peak, regardless of whether the parasol is still out or not, so it should work correctly.

The Cape

Smash Master
For Bowser: He moves in an arc, so this would have to be done with frame timing (so that he can grab while falling).

DK: Only goes up until he stops spinning (grab during freefall).

Peach: No grab during the rise of the parasol, grab while its open or closed from there

Ness: Sweetspotting during hitlag generally doesnt happen does it anyway?

ValTroX

Smash Ace
Their up-b, at the moment, sweetspot regardless of hitlag or not. I figured that since their auto-sweetspot was left in, even after removing Lucario's auto-sweetspot, it means that the B+ crew have decided that making those two's up-b not auto-sweetspot to be too strong of a recovery nerf (especially since with the fact that they'll bounce off the ledge without it)...?
No, it happens when you hit ANYTHING that's hittable.
Their recovery is fine as it is, it AutoSS if you actually SS and if you are at a certain distance(if you pkt2 close to the edge you bounce off even if you SS). But still even if it means removing the AutoSS, as a Lucas main, i think it should be removed, because when i hit my friends with pkt2(Lucas is a multihit) it autosnaps, giving me and advantage sometimes, and sometimes messing up because it would have murdered my rival on the last hit :p.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
For Bowser: He moves in an arc, so this would have to be done with frame timing (so that he can grab while falling).

DK: Only goes up until he stops spinning (grab during freefall).

Peach: No grab during the rise of the parasol, grab while its open or closed from there

Mother boys: Sweetspotting during hitlag generally doesnt happen does it anyway?
With Lucas, yes it happens quiet often
With Ness, not really.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
You seem to double-post quite often...but anyway...
Ness: Sweetspotting during hitlag generally doesnt happen does it anyway?
...when i hit my friends with pkt2(Lucas is a multihit) it autosnaps...
It doesn't matter if you hit or not, at the moment. As I've already just mentioned, it auto-snaps regardless, currently.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
It's trickier to freeze a stage at a point that the stage doesn't originally load in, since you can't do it with the Level Freezer code. And it seems they don't want to make too many neutrals. Frigate Orpheon is alright as a counterpick, so freezing it would not only get rid of the other stage features such as the moving platforms on the sides, but also simply create another neutral.
I would personally want Castle Seige frozen on the first form, since I really hate the second transformation, but that would, again, create another neutral from a decent counterpick.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
It's trickier to freeze a stage at a point that the stage doesn't originally load in, since you can't do it with the Level Freezer code. And it seems they don't want to make too many neutrals. Frigate Orpheon is alright as a counterpick, so freezing it would not only get rid of the other stage features such as the moving platforms on the sides, but also simply create another neutral.
I would personally want Castle Seige frozen on the first form, since I really hate the second transformation, but that would, again, create another neutral from a decent counterpick.
I see, still would be a decent CP in the first form though, since it's disleveled and taller characters sometimes have problems in disleveled surfaces

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Problem. Turns out that wiichuck user was right about the controls. When creating a control scheme, the game does not let you designate smash attacks to the dpad, only general smashes. I personally use the dpad for aerials and smashes(c-stick), so this is a bother.

What causes this and can it be fixed? This is a huge inconvenience to wiichuck users. I don't want to have to play vbrawl just to make a control scheme.

maniac200

Smash Cadet
The HOMEBREW autoupdater that I downloaded on the B+ site doesn't seem to be working for me. I am updating from the official 5.0 build, and trying to update to the beta. Instead, it just tells me that none of the PAC's or the .GCT need updating but but I do get the strap loader. I tried deleting all the .pac's off the SD and then tried to update again. It gave me all the .pacs but when I loaded it, it was the official build. Do I have to download this version pac by pac (I have a mac), or is there a fixed homebrew autoupdater?

And yes, I did select to download the beta version.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I'm making a fixed updater...the reason why is I screwed up something in the updater that forgot to set if it was updating the official or the beta. Should be up in 15-20 min.

Daakun

Smash Apprentice
Make the updater have an option to not download the cosmetic changes. Annoying to replace my straploader every time I run it.

RiteToRmnSilent

Smash Cadet
Ok I didn't know peoples recoveries snapped regardless of what they hit, I thought it was just when someone is near the edge in a shield. Lol I love how you think I was using a Melee reference to make my thoughts sound more credible. I certainly wasn't being as dramatic as saying omgmelee either, way to exaggerate. It's nice to know you value the opinions of others to, since I figured what the community thinks matters...Anyway im fine with removing the snapping in hitlag or whatever the problem is, since I thought it only happened when someone was standing near the edge in a shield.

Although I do have one thought on Bowser though. When he jumps there is a short time before he actually jumps, and it makes his jump feel...idk strange. I understand hes a big character, but I don't really notice this jump delay on other characters. Im not saying to make him really fast but, just wondering if anyone has actually even noticed that, and if there are any plans to change it.

Sterowent

Smash Ace
i've had that too, Val. it seems incredibly random, however. hours of play and it might happen, might not, and the next smash session the 3rd match'll produce it.

i usually go random myself so i haven't been watching out for what causes it. maybe, uh, castle siege?

Dan_X

Smash Lord
Tourney mode? I didn't know anyone used it to be honest.

Wait... Want to know the biggest dissapointment ever? When I waited up every night for the pre-Brawl release update just for one night to find Sakurai reveal the most pointless gamemode of all: Rotation. I couldn't believe they made a mode to help people share. Beyond that, I've never enecountered a scenario where rotation would be even remotely useful. If there were many more than four of us friends hanging out chances are well be doing something else. It's hilarious that on the website they stated something along the lines of "32 people can play at once!"

Back on topic: I'm excited about the ideas for fixing up+bs. The AS issue has been around for quite a long time, to have overcome it is truly another huge step for this project. Great ideas on the fixes guys! I hope it works swimmingly! :)

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
The purpose of rotation is self explanitory. It's really not pointless. Just overshadowed by how we normally do rotation.

I thought it was a cool mode, but it requires planning, which does not exist in friendlies pre-match.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
i've had that too, Val. it seems incredibly random, however. hours of play and it might happen, might not, and the next smash session the 3rd match'll produce it.

i usually go random myself so i haven't been watching out for what causes it. maybe, uh, castle siege?
Well it happened 2 times, one immediately after the other, which seems weird.

Tourney mode? I didn't know anyone used it to be honest.

Wait... Want to know the biggest dissapointment ever? When I waited up every night for the pre-Brawl release update just for one night to find Sakurai reveal the most pointless gamemode of all: Rotation. I couldn't believe they made a mode to help people share. Beyond that, I've never enecountered a scenario where rotation would be even remotely useful. If there were many more than four of us friends hanging out chances are well be doing something else. It's hilarious that on the website they stated something along the lines of "32 people can play at once!"

Back on topic: I'm excited about the ideas for fixing up+bs. The AS issue has been around for quite a long time, to have overcome it is truly another huge step for this project. Great ideas on the fixes guys! I hope it works swimmingly! :)
Well, tourny is helpful since planning a little tournament friend based is a little hard. Sometimes we play 6-8 people and it seems unfair to name an opponent for the most skilled one among us, so why not let the game decide for itself :)

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
If you're doing a tourney that small, you should do round robin. Let everyone play everyone else, the person with the best record wins. Or, take the 2 top records, and let them play grand finals.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
If you're doing a tourney that small, you should do round robin. Let everyone play everyone else, the person with the best record wins. Or, take the 2 top records, and let them play grand finals.
well it's not really a "tourney", it's just some matches we play like, random :laugh: but the tourney system in brawl helped us out. I guess i came out with an idea...hat and little papers with names anyone?:laugh:. lol, seriously now, I don't think it is such a big problem but if a fix is possible, please do so when you guys got the time.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Could it be the unrestricted control scheme editing code? Considering almost all coders debug with a GCN controller, the glitch may have affected Wiimote controls unintentionally and was never attended to (also spunit disappeared from the face of the Internet ages ago).

Remove the unrestricted button mapping code.
meanie :012:

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I'm trying really really hard to care about Wiichuk users, but ... I just can't D:
Real men use wiichucks and win tournies. D:< Kings use solo wiimotes and main Ganondorf at tournies. GC is for nubs who ban Smashville.

And thanks for that Shanus. I'll try it when possible. Also, TSON posted the sub actions for Nana's throws in PSA in the article collab topic. So the throw mod code can be ditched.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
GCN or Classic Controller users aren't nubs. It's just a matter of preference...and the majority of brawl+ use one of them..so isn't it natural that codes are made for those controllers first? Just saying....

grim mouser

Smash Journeyman
Not until there's a code for the other controllers, too. I guess it's only fair.

Although I will miss free mapping.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
GC and Classic Controllers are for nubs...?

Takes one to know one, former Melee player. ¦D Plus tell that to the majority of people who play Brawl in general, no matter what type it is. XD

VietGeek

Smash Hero
you guys need to download the latest version of ur detection software

also iirc the last hitbox modifier codes are for ics correct? has TSON found other nana offsets so that [hopefully] one can apply all changes to the .pac directly yet?

cuz that would be maddd cute

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom