• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask Watty About Anything

Watty

Smash Lord
AIDS i disagree, IMO its situational u can pressure campy foxes depending on the stage but large stages like dreamland, PS, and FD the campy fox has so much room for them to run. The stage is so big they can force them so you have to come to them, if there smart they can dodge ur missiles, and most people now a days can play a semi technical fox so getting outta drill shine combos is alot harder. stadium and FD dont have the highest ceiling ever and dreamland is so big plus the platforms its one of sami's toughest matchups.

Now what i think us hould do is ban 1 of the 3 i listed, stadium probably, ceilings to small, but than again ti could depend if there a shine happy fox or an up smashing fox. if you lose i would suggest counterpicking FOD or even YS if you play it smart enough YS is a great equalizer against a fox who camps, u can missile cancel and they have little room to move around. I wouldnt suggest and weird stages except DK64 juss cause of the ceiling but thats also style dependant on the fox and how comfortable u feel there.

Now what i think you can do. Trying to out spam them is stupid they can shoot more and shoot faster at u, but you do want to shoot missiles, i suggest MC a super and than maybe jump homing, you just want to slow them down so u can get by them. You cannot just run in though because they can juss drill shine you grab u or run away from you. You need to be smart, frustrate them with up Bing them, use forward tilts to create space, when they go for a drill shine CC DI AWAY and try and get them in a downsmash. If you are succesful in frustrating them you may be able tog et them off there game and get to agro against you and from there you can punish them with smash attacks, up bs, missiles.

I hope this helps if u have any questions on anything I asked just ask sorry it took so long to answer and I hope this helps

AIDS

Smash Lord
still im stating fox's lasers are not the best camp, cause they have no nock back, do low damage, so all it is for is slight presure, so unless u let that presure go to your head you should still have the advantage. Samus camp is differant presure, harder to avoid for most charecters, and ennoying to a greater extent, so i think fox camp is not so amazing.

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal
AIDS i disagree, IMO its situational u can pressure campy foxes depending on the stage but large stages like dreamland, PS, and FD the campy fox has so much room for them to run. The stage is so big they can force them so you have to come to them, if there smart they can dodge ur missiles, and most people now a days can play a semi technical fox so getting outta drill shine combos is alot harder. stadium and FD dont have the highest ceiling ever and dreamland is so big plus the platforms its one of sami's toughest matchups.

Now what i think us hould do is ban 1 of the 3 i listed, stadium probably, ceilings to small, but than again ti could depend if there a shine happy fox or an up smashing fox. if you lose i would suggest counterpicking FOD or even YS if you play it smart enough YS is a great equalizer against a fox who camps, u can missile cancel and they have little room to move around. I wouldnt suggest and weird stages except DK64 juss cause of the ceiling but thats also style dependant on the fox and how comfortable u feel there.

Now what i think you can do. Trying to out spam them is stupid they can shoot more and shoot faster at u, but you do want to shoot missiles, i suggest MC a super and than maybe jump homing, you just want to slow them down so u can get by them. You cannot just run in though because they can juss drill shine you grab u or run away from you. You need to be smart, frustrate them with up Bing them, use forward tilts to create space, when they go for a drill shine CC DI AWAY and try and get them in a downsmash. If you are succesful in frustrating them you may be able tog et them off there game and get to agro against you and from there you can punish them with smash attacks, up bs, missiles.

I hope this helps if u have any questions on anything I asked just ask sorry it took so long to answer and I hope this helps
Thanks so much! The response was worth the wait. Very insightful info;)

S.R. XXVII

Smash Ace
Watty, what do you think is the most important technique to know for Samus?
And also, how do you ledge hop -> aerial -> re-grab? I can't get it right, I never get the re-grab.

Don't you be talkin about my girl like that. I understand what you're saying, but show me some respect.
Phanna's a girl?

AIDS

Smash Lord
And also, how do you ledge hop -> aerial -> re-grab? I can't get it right, I never get the re-grab.QUOTE]

you just gotta be faster, try starting with somthing simple, such as Bair, and Uair, the harder ones are Nair, missle, or empty charge shot, try in training mode and slow down time and work your way up to get a feel for it if you need to. this is not a huge technique, not very usfull, just for show.

AIDS

Smash Lord
And also, how do you ledge hop -> aerial -> re-grab? I can't get it right, I never get the re-grab.QUOTE]

you just gotta be faster, try starting with somthing simple, such as Bair, and Uair, the harder ones are Nair, missle, or empty charge shot, try in training mode and slow down time and work your way up to get a feel for it if you need to. this is not a huge technique, not very useful, just for show.

AIDS

Smash Lord

you just gotta be faster, try starting with somthing simple, such as Bair, and Uair, the harder ones are Nair, missle, or empty charge shot, try in training mode and slow down time and work your way up to get a feel for it if you need to. this is not a huge technique, not very useful, just for show.

AIDS

Smash Lord
Thanks AIDS. I wanted to know the tech for edgeguarding. And SSFFMCing is hard! The full jump double missle isnt that hard...
in that case when you grab the edge you have like half a second of invincability frames, when you let go of the edge you have like 3....so in that case it is longer when u grab the edge, so hat you can do quickly is wavedash onto stage, ledge hope Nair back toward the stage, you have invincability, so its like i can hit you, you can't touch dis kinda thing, that is better then ledge hop airial grab edge.

Watty

Smash Lord
i hold down diagnal away and mash the down c, lately ive been using hte up b though to mix it up. try both though they both can work and both are frustrating as hell especially when it happens over and over again.

XXVII if by technique u mean SHFFMC or SWD i would say platform missile canceling or up b out of shield if u consider them techniques. there are people who play samus and look sweet as hell can do al these cool tricks and than there are samus players who are juss effective and win like Hugs.
Samus is a bag of tricks she can do so many things I do NOT SHFFMC or SWD i do full jump missile cancels and TRY and SWD for fun but dont make it an efffort to learn cause I dont see it as a super important thing.

The things i make a concious effort to learn are spacing, timing, and reading my opponents, as well as practicig against diffrent styles. I play Samus somewhat slow and by that I mean I wd every once in a while i walk everywhere spam alot and up b alot. fancy stuff aint my thing i beam cancel though but I dont do it every time I juss do it to throw the opponent off. And maybe u should try that learn as much as u can but juss cause u know it doensy mean u should always do it, save it until u can catch ur opponent off guard.

Watty

Smash Lord
so since brawl is out guys i am gonna stop checking this for melee. I hope within all the spam people got some good information out of it from me and others who gave input.

Maybe I will see some of you guys in Brawl

Renth

Smash Hero
so since brawl is out guys i am gonna stop checking this for melee. I hope within all the spam people got some good information out of it from me and others who gave input.

Maybe I will see some of you guys in Brawl
Fuck Brawl.

D

Deleted member

do you think it's morally wrong to get an abortion and then ask for the fetus in the biohazard baggie to hang from your christmas tree, or is it exclusive to specific cultures before it becomes immoral?

I understand they make great substitutes for butterfly steaks.

Takumaru

Smash Lord
do you think it's morally wrong to get an abortion and then ask for the fetus in the biohazard baggie to hang from your christmas tree, or is it exclusive to specific cultures before it becomes immoral?

WTF, mow. That's... just wrong.

Corigames

Smash Hero

If I were a woman, I would have promiscuous unprotected sex with every partner available. Then, after being pregnant for 3 months each time, I would have an abortion and take home the potato sized dead fetus back to my home and put it in a jar with Formaldehyde. Then, after lining an entire room in these jars, I would actually give birth to a kid. Every time that kid acted up, I would force him to stay in that room for an hour to let him know how easily I could have aborted him too.

Corigames

Smash Hero
You obviously have never stepped on a land mine if you are comparing that to this... land mines are "slightly" more gruesome.

D

Deleted member

If I were a woman, I would have promiscuous unprotected sex with every partner available. Then, after being pregnant for 3 months each time, I would have an abortion and take home the potato sized dead fetus back to my home and put it in a jar with Formaldehyde. Then, after lining an entire room in these jars, I would actually give birth to a kid. Every time that kid acted up, I would force him to stay in that room for an hour to let him know how easily I could have aborted him too.
awesome/10.

soap

Smash Hero
you would probably die from Aids before actually having that kid... but who knows look how long watty has hung on and battled..best of luck watty.

Rat

Smash Lord
How do you deal with a Campy fox? Especially one that crouch cancels everything. (I'm looking for approachs, good zones, areas important to control, moves which are better than you think, how to avoid lasers, etc.)

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
This. Is. Amazing.

TheLake

Smash Master
I dont know why im in this thread

But im glad I am (:

Abortion and AIDS ftw..?!

Nah just joshin, I main zelda, so im obviously pro-life

Sliq

Smash Master
Have you ever walked through a room, but it was more like the room passed around you--like there was a leash around your neck that pulled you through?

Top Bottom