• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask NickRiddle how to be amazing.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Stunning, does this work on falco?
Well, they should just go for the ledge, no? I don't think we can d-smash him before he reaches the ledge from his side-B, but PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong because that woudl be a big deal for sure. I'm not entirely sure what to do against Falco as ZSS as far as edgeguarding goes tbh. It's tricky because what should we do when we expect him to go for the ledge? I suppose we can go for bair or up air offstage, but that doesn't seem too reliable and wouldn't even do too much. I've been practicing MK vs Falco a lot though, bc the match up still seems horrendous to me -_- .
ZSS is my main though. I only use Peach and MK for a select few match ups generally.

No one should realistically get d-smashed offstage vs ZSS though. I know I ranted about side B and d-smash and the majority of ppl are still being stupid about that and getting hit by it, but it is somewhat less so with this one. It's easier for people to realize that they should simply be sweetspotting the ledge.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Nah, Falco's sideB can't be hit before it snatches the ledge, except if he has some space between phantasm end and the ledge.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Nah, Falco's sideB can't be hit before it snatches the ledge, except if he has some space between phantasm end and the ledge.
You sure?
I know the first 1/3rd of it is invulnerable, but I thought after that it could be hit.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
There is no invincibility, his hitbox is simply only on the start, middle and end. I've NEVER been hit between phantasming and grabbing the ledge if I phantasm with the right distance, not even with nado.

zApollo

Smash Ace
Are you sure? Does this only apply to Falco?

I often hit fox out of his phantasm with d-smash, usually through sheer luck or if the player is extremely predictable. This is offstage as he is recovering, just short of the edge. Same applies to wolf at the apex of his side recovery. I don't seem to have a clear memory of doing this to Falco (though don't often play him).

Mr-R

Smash Champion
actually I camp with paralyzer against the matchups i dont know with zss.
u should see my zss vs snake :o

Salem

Smash Champion
So Nick, how do I become amazing enough to take care of Snake
...Ally...
while both characters have 150%+ and Snake is nade camping on the left side of frigate on its second stage transformation?

I keep almost winning with almost the same situation every freaking time but that darn Snake... it is PURE evil I tell you! EVIL.

AlexDaSceneKid

Smash Rookie
Any suggestions on getting edgehogged? I feel like I let my teammate down yesterday in a tournament cuz I lost 2 stock at relatively low %'s because of it.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
hey nick.....upload more brawl videos please >_< i dont want to watch any moar fire emblem
But, I like Let's Playing them. :(
next time I go to a tournament I'll have more vids. (Two weeks.)

So Nick, how do I become amazing enough to take care of Snake
...Ally...
while both characters have 150%+ and Snake is nade camping on the left side of frigate on its second stage transformation?

I keep almost winning with almost the same situation every freaking time but that darn Snake... it is PURE evil I tell you! EVIL.
The part with the ledge? Just stay in the middle and don't let people take it. It's MUCH harder to get in if the opponent is there, so you gotta get there first. Also, watch him pull a nade, and side-b it. In that situation theo nly thing that beats it is shield, in which case you're back into a neutral position.

Also, Snake is a bad MU IMO, so don't feel bad losing, especially to Ally.

Any suggestions on getting edgehogged? I feel like I let my teammate down yesterday in a tournament cuz I lost 2 stock at relatively low %'s because of it.
Who is edgeguarding you?
Grab the ledge first?
Recover high if you have to.
Hit the ***** off the ledge, grab it, and laugh.
Sorry, not specific enough.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
how do I beat snake? I try and space but the snake I play cancels everything I do with the invincible frames of dash attack

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
how do I beat snake? I try and space but the snake I play cancels everything I do with the invincible frames of dash attack
Gimp him.
This is the only way you shlould be beating him.

Also, if he's using a lof of dash attack, try to bait it out, then punish it. You will have to be more specific for more specific help.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
You could go Dazwa's way of not getting hit by utilt or ftilt for the whole match, alternately.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
NickRiddle should make his item game amazing, with lots of glidetosses, juggling, z-drops and edgeguards (and makes sure he zcatches the item after edgeguarding so it's not lost)... Like, stupidly amazing. There's no cooler feeling than seeing you absolutely **** a stock due to handling the items amazingly well, jumping everywhere and throwing it around, and seeing your opponent try and fail at surviving miserably.

Hurry up, NickRiddle! I wanna see a match where the item game is so amazing, I have to go to Walgreens and buy a new jaw!

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
NickRiddle should make his item game amazing, with lots of glidetosses, juggling, z-drops and edgeguards (and makes sure he zcatches the item after edgeguarding so it's not lost)... Like, stupidly amazing. There's no cooler feeling than seeing you absolutely **** a stock due to handling the items amazingly well, jumping everywhere and throwing it around, and seeing your opponent try and fail at surviving miserably.

Hurry up, NickRiddle! I wanna see a match where the item game is so amazing, I have to go to Walgreens and buy a new jaw!
If only MK wasn't better than ZSS with items. :(
Probably why I'm so conservative with them.

zApollo

Smash Ace
I should've saved some replays from yesterdays' tournament. I felt I item pressured exceptionally well, and secured a first stock in low percents by items in a fair few matches.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Alright... So after MLG Columbus... I don't plan on traveling for anymore MLG events since I can't use the Controller I am most compatible with. So.. Mr. Riddle Hopefully I get play you in some friendlies cause I feel like I have more things to learn. And you have lots of tricks up your sleeve with her...

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
If only MK wasn't better than ZSS with items. :(
Probably why I'm so conservative with them.
It helps to have several item playstyles at your command at the beginning of a match. If someone's expecting you to be defensive and protective of your pieces, they won't be blocking when you toss two and glide toss the third.

I have three different ways I open with the pieces, and I usually decide on one as the timer is counting down.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
You know what's awesome? Either tossing two, glide-tossing the third, then stopping on top of your previously thrown items and tossing them all over again. 6 tosses in a row!
Or also, tossing two, glide tossing the last, then pivot-grabbing when you get near enough. If they shielded, they get grabbed... If they spotdodged, they get grabbed... If they're picking up the item, they get grabbed... Mindgames.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I'm actually in the process of getting Orion to show off some piece combos. He's probably one of the best people in NJ with items, only maybe like ADHD and Atomsk and 1-2 more are consistently better than him w/ items iirc, and maybe not even that many.

There are so many item gimmicks that we don't really take advantage of. That said, MK is disgusting with pieces and you shouldn't give him any. >_>

Top Bottom