• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask NickRiddle how to be amazing.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
To be fair MK is amazing with like any item, Glide Toss-> ****ING ANYTHING sucks.
With pieces it's not actually his ground game, it's his air game.

Orion landed some ******** uair (dislodges item) -> uair (follow sideways DI) -> (zdrop item hits me) -> sweetspot nair (also regrabs piece) -> glidetoss as he lands on the platform out of the nair to hit me again.

His aerials are so fast and have so many frames that can grab items.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
I remember playing SFP online and we both were spamming jab on each other and we clanked probably 10 times and then both taunted haha

zApollo

Smash Ace
Nick, how do I play against an exceptionally good peach? She seems to shut down my arial approaches and this guy spaces f-air amazingly well. I can't pressure his peach on the ground nor in the air. I just spend the match throwing arial side-b hoping it will hit which is useless. The opportunities to punish with u-air seem so small.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
SHnB is pretty good against certain height of floats. The best thing you can do is use your speed and hit her before she's gonna do anything.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Nick, how do I play against an exceptionally good peach? She seems to shut down my arial approaches and this guy spaces f-air amazingly well. I can't pressure his peach on the ground nor in the air. I just spend the match throwing arial side-b hoping it will hit which is useless. The opportunities to punish with u-air seem so small.
You don't, a great Peach counters ZSS pretty hard.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
No, Peach beats ZSS badly. I'm not even sure how you guys can deny that, she has the best shield pressure in the game and some of the best out of shield options in the game; these two features alone ensure she makes ZSS' life pretty hard.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
No, Peach beats ZSS badly. I'm not even sure how you guys can deny that, she has the best shield pressure in the game and some of the best out of shield options in the game; these two features alone ensure she makes ZSS' life pretty hard.
I agree with you

I play Kyon and hiROI quite a bit, and it's always hard, especially if they are playing precise. Good thing we have uair.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I agree with you

I play Kyon and hiROI quite a bit, and it's always hard, especially if they are playing precise. Good thing we have uair.
I would agree, but I ALSO play Kyon and hiROI. Her shield pressure is mostly aerial, which doesn't bother us much, IMO. Uair beats like every aerial she has, except fair, which is slow enough to react to.

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
Name search for the win. But I strongly laugh at this. I'm pretty sure this mu is more of ZSS than peach. Not by very much though and the shield thing would be good If ZSS didn't have uptilt. Which I run from lol.

Riddle how can I get more bombs?

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Name search for the win. But I strongly laugh at this. I'm pretty sure this mu is more of ZSS than peach. Not by very much though and the shield thing would be good If ZSS didn't have uptilt. Which I run from lol.

Riddle how can I get more bombs?
How can you get more bombs?
Play me more.
This time, pull 4 in a match.

Rybaia

Smash Journeyman
Sorry but what kind of shield pressure?

shlike

Smash Ace
nick how in the world do you approach the mk matchup

every time i get comfortable with the matchup i find myself getting beaten by shield staredowns and having the most fun in my life trying to get back on stage only to get my landing lag punished with another grab.

halp plx

p.s. my item game is better than yours.

true story <3

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
nick how in the world do you approach the mk matchup

every time i get comfortable with the matchup i find myself getting beaten by shield staredowns and having the most fun in my life trying to get back on stage only to get my landing lag punished with another grab.

halp plx

p.s. my item game is better than yours.

true story <3
You land with lag?
That's a problem.

Shield staredowns are a big problem. Umm... hope they attack your shield with an aerial?
You can also randomly throw out a grab, if they're not used to punishing it on reaction. Drop shield, run away, pivot grab.

Are you recovering high or low? If you're recovering high, you just gotta pix up where you're going to land. B-reversals help and, believe it or not, wiggling back and forth mindgames the **** out of people. I have landed next to people by wiggling, and haven't gotten punished before. They'll expect you to commit.
If you're recovering low, throw an up-air between you and MK when you jump. It beats every aerial he has.

Also, my item game sucks, so I HOPE yours is better than mine.

AfroQT

Smash Master
Teach me ZSS on saturday i expect it.
Im not even joking she seems like alot of fun i'll return the favor i'll teach you how to ftilt like a man.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
hey Nick,

Who do you try and team up with when doubles comes around? (character wise)

Who do you personally think is ZSS's best partner?

Worst partner? (that isn't ICs xD)

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
hey Nick,

Who do you try and team up with when doubles comes around? (character wise)

Who do you personally think is ZSS's best partner?

Worst partner? (that isn't ICs xD)
I like Ness/Lucas.
I think Ness is the best.
Ness can kill reliably, and his PKT is faster than Lucas's, so it saves me more.
Also, I'm reckless and stupid in teams, so being able to heal the partner I just hit helps.

Worst partner... umm... lots of them?
Yoshi, Ganon, CF to name a few.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
okay cool =P thanks for answering quickly ^_^

Me I prefer Lucas since he heals aloooooot more then Ness and his PSIM is bigger too. Plus his smashes are great.

(im toooootallly not biased here xD)

Wow is that really the Dsmash hitbox for your avi O_O. That's kindof big.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
nick what should i do when my gf is being ridiculous??
Depends on what about.
Tell her to stop being a little *****.
Explain whatever it is she is *****ing about.
Hit her if all else fails?

Gotta be specific, and tell me why she's acting that way.
AIM me up, son!

Ray Robo

Smash Ace
NNID
RayRobo
Smashers giving girlfriend advice? LOL, This'll get interesting.

Top Bottom