• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask NickRiddle how to be amazing.

Kiiro Caballero

Smash Cadet
hmm i see...d smash would prolly be a better option then jab right?, i noticed earlier that i was relying on jab to get me out of enemies that got too close for comfort

Zero

Smash Hero
No. Dsmash does not replace jab. Dsmash has 20 frame startup, which every single character can punish at neutral, at the range that you would ever use jab.

Jab is probably best as an anti air, as the combo is guaranteed in the air, and you have advantage when you cancel into a dtilt.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
What is your favorite move in ZSS's arsenal, and what move do you think looks the best?
D-smash is clearly my favorite.
I like how down-taunt looks the most. :D

is there anything for a new zss player like me to watch out for such as certain bad habits many new zss mains make
Don't jab, don't utilt that much, try not to always d-smash twice/thrice/however many times. Do it once as a check swing.

No. Dsmash does not replace jab. Dsmash has 20 frame startup, which every single character can punish at neutral, at the range that you would ever use jab.

Jab is probably best as an anti air, as the combo is guaranteed in the air, and you have advantage when you cancel into a dtilt.
AA jab is too good.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
When you footstooled Ally on his first stock of the second match, after a D-smash, what are the properties behind that? I never knew that footstool effects still took place after the D-smash stun. Whenever I did it, they would simply fall out of the D-smash stun. Why was yours so awesome? D:

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
When you footstooled Ally on his first stock of the second match, after a D-smash, what are the properties behind that? I never knew that footstool effects still took place after the D-smash stun. Whenever I did it, they would simply fall out of the D-smash stun. Why was yours so awesome? D:
I d-smashsed him out of knickback from his C4. The game had to register the knockback stopping, and the footstool takingp lace.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
what do you do as ZSS if you get a sheild break? I was in a friendly and I was like "uhhhhhh what smashes are good again for killing" lol

I decided Down Taunt + Side B :3 but what's the best?

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
dont worry snipa, soon, all people in florida will have their own threads in their respective character boards on asking us how to be amazing

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
Are you going to the Anime Con. in Miami in July? O.o
I main ZSS, I'd like to get my *** handed to me at some point, just to learn how to be better. :D

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
I'll just ask my friend, whom I'm going with, and he'll tell me the name. ;P
xD So that you don't have to flounder around and guess wildly.

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
but guessing wildly is what im best at ahahha nick would probably go he likes conventions...hmmm....I should make that kamina cape before then >_>

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
he IS going to cosplay kamina....i just have to make the cape xD i wanna make Yoko in teacher form as well tho lol

Top Bottom