• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask NickRiddle how to be amazing.

BBQTV

Smash Master
nick riddle i read some of the posts you made here and you say you suck. why do you suck?

noradseven

Smash Lord
I like Ness/Lucas.
I think Ness is the best.
Ness can kill reliably, and his PKT is faster than Lucas's, so it saves me more.
Also, I'm reckless and stupid in teams, so being able to heal the partner I just hit helps..
Against good players

Great success with:
Lucas, Ness, G&W, Marth, Diddy

some success with:
MK,Snake,Olimar

Failure with:
Pikachu, Falco, DK, Pit

Whelp those are the people I have played with in teams and my success with them.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Nick is so full of himself in person lol.

wutashame

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I also hear Nick is awesome in person and a stallion of a man.
I'm cocky and annoying in person, and I have no resemblance to a horse. I apologize for the mistake.

Nick Riddle is a tall and strong African man in real life.
I am NOT Redhalberd/CO18, thank you very much.

Any practicing tips Nick?

non-sarcastic answer appreciated :)
Depends on what you need to practice.
For MUs, some people use wifi, and it works for them, and some people have to play people offline.
Don't practice combos, as it doesn't help. Just get used to reading DI instead.
If you need to practice tech-skill, try what you can alone, and ask somebody else to help if it's something that requiresr getting hit. (Even if they don't play, it can be easy if you tell them to do something simple.)

Nick is so full of himself in person lol.

wutashame
I am NOT full of myself. I love how all the OOS think that.
I just talk ****, welcome to Florida baby.
If I didn't talk **** I'd be quiet and boring.
So instead, I'm loud and annoying.
Plus, I'm good (I think) so it's not really being full of myself... is it?

shlike

Smash Ace
Don't practice combos, as it doesn't help. Just get used to reading DI instead.
but combos look really cool... :'(

also nick i think its hilarious that my playstyle is somewhat resembling yours even before i saw your recent vids (the way your punish with dash attacks and dsmashes) I must be doing something right. I wonder if snakeee thinks ally is bad now lawl

Snakeee

Smash Master
Ally didn't know much about the MU in the first set it seemed. I give Nick credit in this tourney, good job :)

M2K happened to ask my brother about the match up before MLG btw....sorry Nick >_< .

Oh, and I couldn't make it bc my ride bailed last minute :(

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Ally didn't know much about the MU in the first set it seemed. I give Nick credit in this tourney, good job :)

M2K happened to ask my brother about the match up before MLG btw....sorry Nick >_< .

Awww... I heard your name being announced for brackets and I was like, "Yes, Snakeee's here!" Then I find out you weren't there, and I was :(

Your first opponent was a DDD from Missouri named TMacc.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick

Sucks about the ride.
Yeah, Ally learned to shield a lot more, and I didn't notice the change fast enough to beat him.
Oh wells.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I use L as jump as well

it was mainly for using Yoshi and his ETS tech

but after learning jumpcancel shenanigans with L as jump (with multiple characters), I just got used to it
L jump was for when I tried to ROB infinite. Then I stopped trying, and got used to changing it.

Tap jump off
cstick set to jump
dpad set to smash

It makes sense if you hold the controller upside down.
New side-tournament idea?

Or play with a Wiichuk
Eww.

Funny it took MLG for people to know your good....finally.
Nah man, it's k.

KingKirb

Smash Journeyman
two questions:

One (my serious question): Do you have any tips for me as ZSS? I'd really like to learn. Any good combos or something you can tell me that isnt in a guide?

Two: Why do kids love the cinnamoney swirley taste of cinnamon toast crunch?

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
two questions:

One (my serious question): Do you have any tips for me as ZSS? I'd really like to learn. Any good combos or something you can tell me that isnt in a guide?

Two: Why do kids love the cinnamoney swirley taste of cinnamon toast crunch?
1. Learn to recover, learn to recover, learn to recover, did I mention recovery? Seriously, this is the first step to learning ZSS IMHO. Second, learn the range/timings of your moves. Also, what beats what as a rule.

When is GAMME? can som1 send the link?
GAMME isn't going on anymore.

KingKirb

Smash Journeyman
1. Learn to recover, learn to recover, learn to recover, did I mention recovery? Seriously, this is the first step to learning ZSS IMHO. Second, learn the range/timings of your moves. Also, what beats what as a rule.

any specific combos you like? there are none listed in the guide.. :(

Top Bottom