• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask NickRiddle how to be amazing.

Code Lyon

Smash Journeyman
Nickriddle how many licks does it take to.... oh wait not a good question.

Nicky my boy (lol) are you able to footstool people out of the Dsmash shock-stun? If so what could you follow up with?

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Nickriddle how many licks does it take to.... oh wait not a good question.

Nicky my boy (lol) are you able to footstool people out of the Dsmash shock-stun? If so what could you follow up with?
Yes you can.
You can get a dair, which sometimes locks characters, but I hate doing that.
Offstage, you kill about half the cast, if they double-jumped, by tethering to the stage.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
When are the best options available to get a downsmash off? I know when they are recovering is a really good time, and if they leave opening, but when are some other specific times (such as when they are recovering near the edge or when they are on the groud below you and you are on a platform) to try to pull it off?

BioDG

Smash Ace
I have almost no exp. in that MU, sorry.
Knock Wolf off the stage? /basicobviousadvice.
Hope he likes to d-throw, DI down and dtilt/tech > dtilt.
Fair enough.

Since we're on the subject of dtilt, how would you rate its priority compared to her other moves? I feel like I've underestimated the move's long reach...but when I used it in the past, I couldn't find many situations where that move is most recommended.

Usually I just jabx1 to dtilt, but apparently the move has more use than that. Could you shed some light on the usefulness of this move?

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Fair enough.

Since we're on the subject of dtilt, how would you rate its priority compared to her other moves? I feel like I've underestimated the move's long reach...but when I used it in the past, I couldn't find many situations where that move is most recommended.

Usually I just jabx1 to dtilt, but apparently the move has more use than that. Could you shed some light on the usefulness of this move?
D-tilt is out best ground move.
While that isn't saying much, this move is amazing.
Seriously.
Super-ultra amazing.

Zero

Smash Hero
jab1 to dtilt only works if the opponent isn't mashing shieldgrab. Don't do it.

dtilting landings is pretty lolz, dsmash is much much better but still.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I read somewhere in this thread that you sing as a hobby

sing what music?

what range are you?
Any music that I feel I can.
Umm, I just sing in my spare time, so I'm not really sure. ^^,
I'll eventually be recording a Brawl song that I made, so if you want I can link you when it's done. XD

Albert.

Smash Master
Any music that I feel I can.
Umm, I just sing in my spare time, so I'm not really sure. ^^,
I'll eventually be recording a Brawl song that I made, so if you want I can link you when it's done. XD
Yeah please do. You should really figure out your range though xD

I can help with that if you want (at ZP )

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Not sure, but I think ZSS wins.
Probably 55:45 or 60:40 us.
You can camp, just like vs, everybody, and we can PS, just like everybody.
You have trouble killing us, but we can kill you decently.
We outrange you without your projectiles, and we're generally safer than you are.
Not by much though.
kk good to know. I'd prolly go with the 55-45. Thanks!

Soulwithlife

Smash Cadet
Where no one can hear you scream...the UK
Hello NickRiddle :)
Im a ZSS player, and I'm wondering if there is some way to get better at beating people in 4v4 matches?
Im pretty good at 1v1 matches, but I struggle sometimes on 4v4 (especially when it involves falco's for some reason)
Any advice?

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Hello NickRiddle :)
Im a ZSS player, and I'm wondering if there is some way to get better at beating people in 4v4 matches?
Im pretty good at 1v1 matches, but I struggle sometimes on 4v4 (especially when it involves falco's for some reason)
Any advice?
I don't really know at 4v4.
Just kinda pretend it's teams, and be angry about it. Throw out attacks.

solecalibur

Smash Master
1on1 I find Falco zss a terrible MU =( but on 2on2 you just need to space falco and have your team mate help double team him there is no use attempting to get through falco with zss in a 2on2 or your most likely going to waste time trying to get through him

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
1on1 I find Falco zss a terrible MU =( but on 2on2 you just need to space falco and have your team mate help double team him there is no use attempting to get through falco with zss in a 2on2 or your most likely going to waste time trying to get through him
Falco is bad, but not terrible.
Snake on the other hand...
On Green Greens...
-.-

solecalibur

Smash Master
On Green Greens...
-.-
Fresh ftilt at 40%? I just play d3 on green greens and offer them if they want to pick another stage and they normally change, I'm terrible with d3 to :laugh:

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
So, unless I'm a scrub, Diddy can get out of our infinite on him.
His trip animation is so fast that the d-smash doesn't connect.
Or, I'm a scrub like I said earlier.

Fresh ftilt at 40%? I just play d3 on green greens and offer them if they want to pick another stage and they normally change, I'm terrible with d3 to :laugh:
It's not so much the early kills, since we can get them too,, as it is getting near Snake. You have to be totally outplaying a Snake just to get damage, let alone kills.

solecalibur

Smash Master
That is the snake MU for you , you lose to the character not the player sometimes (not always)

Soulwithlife

Smash Cadet
Where no one can hear you scream...the UK
I don't really know at 4v4.
Just kinda pretend it's teams, and be angry about it. Throw out attacks.
Being angry at something usually hurts my game. I'm better when I stay calm, but this doesn't always happen because I ge angry at cpu's alot, though not actual players, which is odd. I think its because I think that the cpu cheats when I play one of them when they are at level 9. :(

That is very useful for doubles, and thank you. However, on wi-fi on the random battles where its 4v4 with a 2 minute time limit...thats where I struggle most.

noradseven

Smash Lord
Wifi is stupid, FFA is also stupid, so is 2 minute time limit so w/e just have fun and goof off don't worry about winning. In all seriousness though ledge camp, down B and over B that **** works great on FFA wifi.

On Green Greens...
-.-
I still remember when people said snake was positive for us :D.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Snake IS positive. It's like impossible that he's not. The issue is that he punishes our mistakes SO HARD that you have to play perfectly to capitalize on his weaknesses. That's what ZSS is, though. If you aren't playing really really well your good match-ups go from good to bad really quickly. Our moveset beats Snake's handily, seriously. His stats **** ours though.

Top Bottom