• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Ask about Pikachu! Hosted by Axe and N64! feat. dkuo!

Palpi

Smash Hero
Ahh, cool. So you lived probably closer to the borough than I do. I went to edgewood, charles boehm, them pennsubry highschool.

Yardley rulez!!! :awesome:

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
I watched the set where that one guy did that one thing.. and did that other thing to make that one move hit that other move....

Then after I watched that.. I started practicing Pikachu myself.. I realized how horrible my Pikachu was.. but because i'm arrogant I continued to play the character.. over and over practicing all the tricks I showed Axe with Pikachu...

with happens to be ALL of them... EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM...so now i'm tryin to put a decently long post talking about nothing.. so I can see if I did something right.. since im cpu illiterate..(but I make combo videos) how about that o_o;;;

BTW: Rooktionary, that guy is freakin amazing! <3

also.. this was just a spam post.. so i could have enough letters on my screen to see if I could change/see my sigs... ><

soju

SD God
Does anybody incorporate the "u-turn"(pika's moonwalk) in their gameplay? I started using it a bit more and the u-smash outa it has been pretty nifty in certain situations.

I laughed. Axe is pretty good, I guess. It's really hard to find good pika mains these days.
axe? pshhh, he's just a scrub :awesome:

Bamesy

Smash Ace
...making interesting maneuvers in the Okanagan...
My Pika is coming along...

I've noticed one thing though...

I need to start JCing Usmashes and Grabs with X instead of UP on the control stick...

I missed a lot out of SHORT DDs and techchases because Pika is so quick. Even Falcon is easier to JC with in short dashes.

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
Work on your tech skill. Not to say that I'm any better at consistently getting upsmashes out of dash, but I know the finger movements, and if I practiced more I could do it consistently. I let my control stick slide back to neutral before I input the smash, rather than sliding it straight up. I do the same thing for ccing dsmash. Although for dashdance that is tricky, x/y might be better.

Bamesy

Smash Ace
...making interesting maneuvers in the Okanagan...
I think I need to work on CCing from DDs into dtilt too.
Every...5 times or so, I don't cc and other...things happen. LOL

Is it INSTANTLY after the DD animation that you can CC the dash? Or do you have to wait a bit? I'm never sure and just go by feel, but I should probably read up on the actual physics of this game sometime LOL

Yeah, I remember when I first learned to JC stuff...the most technical person I know was all like "Use X" and I started with UP, then he's like 'oooooook'
Should've listened...
At least my claw is coming along. Makes for shinanigans if you don't actually practice it and then just start doing it in matches. Good things happen that you might not expect. (I tripple shined a shield with Falco just trying to jump after a shine...maybe I was trying to JC or something subconcisouly lol) XD

defsithe

Smash Ace
So N64 was at oh snap 6, and I was in the car pool that didn't make it to the tourny due to epic failure car trouble :(((((( still trying to get back home

I wanted to meet another one of the well known pika players :/

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
A whole bunch of tournament videos featuring my Pikachu in teams will be up soon. Beginning of losers all the way to Grand Finals of straight Pika Chu Chu sex. I'll post all the loveness here for you guys.

gnosis

Smash Lord
I think I need to work on CCing from DDs into dtilt too.
Every...5 times or so, I don't cc and other...things happen. LOL

Is it INSTANTLY after the DD animation that you can CC the dash? Or do you have to wait a bit? I'm never sure and just go by feel, but I should probably read up on the actual physics of this game sometime LOL
you cannot cancel dashes with crouch, only the running animation (i.e. the one where you cant dd and you get the laggy turnaround if you try). so as soon as your dash ends you're good to go.

AXE 09

Smash Master
Axe is the best
That is all

Also Texas misses axe
I know this is super late, but I miss all of you guys so much lol. I'll try to visit again one day!

did axe forget about us?
Axe would never forget about fellow Pikas!

CHAOS would insue!
LOL sorry I haven't been here in a while guys. I'll check out the vids of soju and djn when I get the chance :)

Also guys, I have a problem...

Everyone here in AZ is starting to punish me for doing the cross up shffl Nair -> FJ Uair on their shield. They'll just wait for me to Uair the back of their shield, then counter with FJ Bair. I really don't wanna break that habit, cuz that crossup has worked well for me up until now :( Do you guys think doing a SH Uair instead would be a better option? I hate this :(

Top Bottom