• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Ask about Pikachu! Hosted by Axe and N64! feat. dkuo!

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
When you do the Fair>Uair thing, and starting 1/4 second before hitting, are you saying you need to be airborn for a bit and not Fair immediately after leaving the ground?

And is this FJ or SH?

I've never really used Fair aside from edgeguarding to steal jumps or fair grabbing or fair landing to uair rising so need clarification. :\

Ftilt is sexy.

N64

Smash Champion
eh, wish i could record.

I mean you jump, start fair before you collide with your opponent, and then you'll contact midway through aerial, and be able to uair after you pass through them. I fullhop these, doing it against ganon or someone who i'm pretty sure will jump, but sh may work as well.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Thanks for the support everyone in the balloting for the Axe Effect.. Axe may not have won, but that's fine....In all honestly, after Hax said he'd pay people $1, and after, I don't remember who but someone got the "Brawl Community to vote for Axe's video, things went way out of proportion... Even If Axe Effect had won, it wouldn't be a legit win to him, nor myself.. In all honestly, we're glad Axe Effect did not win...It's also true "to an extent" that people voted for Axe/Scar/Darkrain, because they idol them, admire them rather than on which video they believed was the best, all in all it was a great competition to witness..

True, it is disappointing, it would've been nice, but we can create more videos and can keep the entertainment coming hopefully... Falcon's a much easier audience to please as he's a character everyone enjoys to watch, since many players can play him. Maybe only a handful of great Pikachu's and Pikachu doesn't appeal to as many audiences either. so entertainment wise, it's alot easier to watch/admire Falcon.I mean c'mon it's FALCON! =p You can't blame people for that.

As for videos they're not going anywhere. It seems that people admire/appreciate the way I edit/make videos/music choice/etc. for combo videos so I shall continue to make them to please the community ^^ it's always fun to make you all happy.. I've many projects to still do too... such as

ShadowClaw IV
The "AXE" Effect II
"Future Sight" II

There are many others, that are to come but only time will tell. Thanks again for all of your support.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I think it may be a little early for another axe combo video but if you have hardcore sweet videos go for it. Also we always need more m2 combo videos :).

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
eh, wish i could record.

I mean you jump, start fair before you collide with your opponent, and then you'll contact midway through aerial, and be able to uair after you pass through them. I fullhop these, doing it against ganon or someone who i'm pretty sure will jump, but sh may work as well.
Alright I think I get it. Either way, next time I play I'll figure it out easy enough.

Can you do the Fair>Uair in a SH off a platform or ledgejumping? From the ledge would be funny :p

Scar

#HarveyDent
ya hella drama

axe you're a ****ing beast, we can share the award

NOTHING

lolz you're prob gonna **** me next time we play but i'm gonna ****ing **** you next time we play <3

TresChikon

Smash Lord
^ what a great sport ^_^

gratz Scar

eh, wish i could record.

Sounds like some Doc dair->u-air kind of stuff.

iDoLiZeD

Smash Cadet
How about a vid of a few pikas?

Like when 7 pikas combine there power, a heavy storm is created. I think that is the pokemon card description....

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
You know what would be funnier? make a video with all the pokemon and call it pokemon the movie lol. lol m2 turning people into stones and everyone crying.

iDoLiZeD

Smash Cadet
Haha like a 15 minute vid, with full story to it too.

Too bad pokemon trainer isn't in melee........ that would be perfect! Ha

tdk_Samurai

Smash Ace
How about a vid of a few pikas?

Like when 7 pikas combine there power, a heavy storm is created. I think that is the pokemon card description....
I know its not quite 7 but http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLobe3b0IRU&feature=PlayList&p=9352C012B1E87F0B&index=24 should do for now

EDIT: and the staged combo thing is blown out of proportion. iirc, there were two staged combos, one of which I see Scar do routinely. besides, it's just entertainment, I don't see why the staging is that big of a deal to people.
oh, was it really only 2? Some dude made it sound like 1/4 of the video was staged, its less gay to me now, like alot less gay than it was.

omg this reminds me of this Muter's halo 2 montage for those who played halo 2

AXE 09

Smash Master
well, looks like axe effect lost lol. but it's all good, ikm2 was ****! and there's no way that you can't admit that lol

very awesome job scar. you're a really cool guy =P i thought you were one of the coolest people i met at pound lol
Instead of combo vids...

How about just 1st places at tourneys?

:D
Mango already takes all of our money. we don't need him winning every video contest too lol.

hey, what does everyone think of the luigi matchup?

i was looking at the matchup chart, and it says that luigi has a slight advantage

what do you guys think?

in my own personal opinion, i feel like pikachu has the advantage. i actually enjoy that matchup quite a bit, mostly because luigi can't Nair out of every single thing you do as opposed to most other characters you play against him

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
hey, what does everyone think of the luigi matchup?

i was looking at the matchup chart, and it says that luigi has a slight advantage

what do you guys think?

in my own personal opinion, i feel like pikachu has the advantage. i actually enjoy that matchup quite a bit, mostly because luigi can't Nair out of every single thing you do as opposed to most other characters you play against him
If you come to BC plays melee in May, we'll check it out. I'd be housing you so lots of test time. You're gonna be surprised though, and saddened and wanna go home after getting Dair'd and ftilted to the face so much.

Just a heads up there. :\

;)

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Pakman severely packs my **** in at the matchup. I just have a really hard time getting in on Luigi and even when I do, I can't seem to do a lot to him whereas he seems to be able to combo my balls off. The only part I really like is edgeguarding Luigi cause it's loltacular.

AXE 09

Smash Master
dude, so not true. let me think, 5 months ago was....september. I'm not gonna lie, and you may have some negative feelings about me after I tell you this, but back in the summer I didn't think you were that great, I felt you were an undisputed #2 right under chad, but I felt that you were just some pika with a million fan boys who ignored any other pika. I knew you were better than me though, so no disrespect. In fact I did watch vids of you even though I felt you weren't the best pika at all. I think once Pat's house happened was when I finally came around to thinking you were as good or possibly the best pika.

you 5 months ago http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVDEoLGiTPc

you now http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZ2pk-JEs-c

do you honestly think you haven't improved, I commented on the dr pee pee one, you played that match near flawlessly, like I didn't see a situation where you should have done something instead (I'm no top pika though) Like, I think the pika in that 2nd video would have 3 or 4 stocked that falco in the first video.

Also, what toasty said about playing different characters, it will help you so much. Like play captain falcon, and fox, you'll prolly end up being a better pika for it, like fox helped my shuffles, and falcon helped my tech chase and punishing rolls game. And putting pika down for a few weeks won't do any harm, just make sure to come back to him. He won't even know you cheated on him, just tell him your going on a business trip, and don't get too attached to those dirty high and top tiers, they are dirty ya know

much love man(no homo)
dude... you are one of the coolest people ever lol. seriously... thanks man. this really means a lot to me

i guess like... idk. a MAIN reason why i feel like i'm not improving is because... for some reason, i always get the same results when i fight other people

Forward is my main example

it seems like no matter how much i practice, every time i fight him in tourneys i get the same results. i feel like with how much i'm practicing, i should be able to stand up to him by now, but he still consistantly beats me, and i never get closer to beating him. same results, every time. and it frustrates me because... i practice SO much, like... A LOT, and he RARELY plays the game anymore, i only play him whenever he goes to tourneys. 5 months ago when i faught him in a tourney, i feel like i've gotten the same results as i have with the most recent tourney (which was like 2 or 3 weeks ago).

i know that i HAVE learned new tricks with pikachu, but i know that just because i put new tricks and stuff in my game doesn't necessairly mean that i'll do better. idk... i guess i've just been frustrated lately. i just can't figure out what i need to be better than forward. i'm so tired of losing to him, ESPECIALLY since he rarely plays anymore and isn't even really interested in playing. it's like he only attends tourneys to get money, he doesn't even wanna play any friendlies or anything. i'm pretty sure he likes playing brawl better than melee at the moment

i'm totally fine with losing to wobbles, because at least he still practices and cares about the game. but it's like... why do i consistantly lose to forward even when he doesn't really play anymore, and i practice for hours upon hours each day? i'll RARELY beat him at tourneys, but he'll beat me like 70% of the time that i play him, and it's been this way for a very long time. idk what to do :(

oh and... yesterday i was smashing with tee ay eye, and... we played for like 3 hours (which isn't much time at all lol). i was doing good about not playing pikachu, but... as time went on... i just couldn't help it lol. i HAD to play pikachu, so i played him for 2 matches before i left ^^ i just can't stop! pikachu's so amazing. how can you stop playing such an amazing character? lol. that's like asking Shiz to stop playing falco

but seriously... i'll try my best to not play him. tee ay eye also recommended that if i want a skill boost with pikachu, it might be best to take a break from him. all of you guys are right... but... i'm just so addicted to him *much homo*

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I think you may be wearing the wrong hat axe.

Red hat-you are teh pokemon master of all pokemon.
Wizard hat-more electric power with your wizard powers.
maf hat-you are going to rough up some people
Nude-people will look away, because no one wants to look at a nude guy and that's when you hit them.

I wish I could do pikachu's colors as good as pichu's like his backpack makes him heavier.

But axe you are the limit I don't think you will just stop where you are you will keep climbing your mountain without a top and watch as other people try to climb and they will look up to you as you reach what they think is the peak but there will be no end in the mountain of skill and there will never find a limit other than yourself.

But yeah your amazing and will most likely keep becoming more amazing kindof like drakrain, but I don't know if you can combo someone more than a fox waveshineing someone against a wall like darkrain.

N64

Smash Champion
To me it still feels advantage luigi, for a couple reasons. Luigi's ground game is rough for pika. Yeah ftilt is amazing at stopping luigi and forcing him to realize he can't just wd shenanigans around everywhere, but i don't think it stops dsmash, which is big. Dsmash at low percent leads to an aerial, at high percent kills, and luigi is relatively safe in throwing out wd->dsmash. Pika's ftilt will stop it if luigi wavedashes into it before dsmashing, but i think with spacing the dsmash will come out, meet fancy ftilt, and then beat it. I think!

Also in my experience he does have guaranteed combos, at least at low percents. Nair leads into fair (or another nair), dsmash leads into stuff, utilt can prob lead into stuff (but it's kinda silly/rare). At higher percents these stop working, but soon after they turn into kill moves. Dsmash, nair, fair, dair, fsmash, probably usmash all kill once pika's over like 120 on most stages, and most notable is how nair and dsmash will send you straight up and likely kill earlier, completely negating pika's awesome recovery.

As far as approaching luigi, i don't see many safe options. Your best bets are probably shffl'd nairs, jolts to stop him from moving around, and basically just trying to make sure when you approach he can't move very well to intercept/dodge and punish. If he gets any opportunity, he can wd back dsmash, or intercept with an aerial (which hurts).

Also the momentum in this match is so hard to keep. The only time it's easy to keep momentum is when you hit luigi off the edge, because his recovery is terrible. On stage, his nair gets him out of so much and makes it so hard to follow him up. Nair comes out near instantly, combos at lower percents and kills at higher, and is really overall just super annoying in this match. Meanwhile, your big momentum stoppers are nair (he'll have to be right next to you, and a lot of his aerials will beat/trade with it anyhow, and that's a bad trade for pika) or uair (which is kinda positionbased, so as long as luigi doesn't get above you, which he shouldn't anyway, then he's pretty safe).

You touched on most of the pros for pika in the matchup i nther thread Axe, so I won't go over them, but I just thought i'd comment on why I feel this match is difficult for pika. Overall I think it's a slight advantage to luigi, but not very substantial.

Edit: Oh and axe, i'd suggest as probably has been suggested before that you try to mix up your playstyle. This is somewhat of an obvious ploy to my AXE US FAIR MORE campaign, but i think in general it can help. Do stuff with pika that shouldn't work, that you know is bad/inefficient, whatever. Throw stuff out. Techchasing with skullbash? YES. Using upB as an offensive move? LETS GO. Nair->utilt? WHY NOT? Try it out, maybe you'll figure out some stuff. I know I started using bair because of it, and bair is fantastic. Approach falcons with bair! they'll whiff the shieldgrab! then you lol as you combos them! etc.

Taking a break from pika goes kind of along with this. I think the main thing is an emphasis on redeveloping your pika game. You'll hopefully lose any bad habits, and develop new ideas/playstyle that benefits you moreso. I.E. I'm picking up sheik as a secondary (i know, booo) but playing her has made me want to waveland on platforms ALL THE TIME. It's not super useful in pika's game, but i've foung some times where I get super cool platform chase combos from it.

Also, you can take a more focused approach by watching yourself play. record some matches of yourself, or look at matches of you already recorded. Heck, watch youv matches vs. forward. Break them down. See where you got punished, why you got punished, and go through step by step. Ask yourself for basically everything "why did i do that? was that the best option? what else could i have done in this situation?" Like, really go over it, spend 30mins-1hour over one 3-5 min match, you can be surprised what you find out when you take it slow and analyze it. Then, of course, learn from that. Try to do some of the things that you decide would have helped in the vids, and try to make it second nature.

Hope that helps. Go pika go.

AXE 09

Smash Master
Red hat-you are teh pokemon master of all pokemon.
Wizard hat-more electric power with your wizard powers.
maf hat-you are going to rough up some people
Nude-people will look away, because no one wants to look at a nude guy and that's when you hit them.
this should be sig'd lol!

but seriously... thanks ICG =) i really do hope you're right. i hope that we all get better and wreck some high tiers lol. especially you, ICG. you should start traveling to big tourneys and stuff so we can finally meet!

it's just... i feel like i've been getting the EXACT SAME results for so long, you know? even if i add new things to my game, i feel like that won't improve my actual skill, or the results of a match =( even when i try new things on forward, it seems like i just get the same results. i just don't wanna feel stuck anymore =(

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Thank you axe, you may not know why but there are few things you have done for me you may not have known.

1. Seeing you how you are feeling limited makes me glad I smashed my pichu dreams a long time ago all the flaws(most people don't even know all of his flaws), be told by people their views on pichu, being mindlessly bashed by people for simply trying, the fact my mart is better than my pichu when I don't play as marth(but I got my marth skill from my movement as pichu), and other things and other ways i've invented myself to crush all hope of anything happening. Buuuutt I'm still trying, won't ever quit, nor can or will, and won't john other than he has the smallest sweetspot in smash and you can't di with the C-stick due to fair/dair. I have an unshakeable self-faith after my pink afro shunts.

2. you place high with pikachu

3. your cool

4. Maybe one day I will figure out a way for you to play as pichu LOL at me.

Also i'm going to a tournament on saturday and i'll do commtrey for at least one match.

iDoLiZeD

Smash Cadet
You know, I have that same problem.
Friends of mine who are really good, hardly play the game. But when they do, they own my ***.

Then I would talk to them, get advice. But the have played the game so long, that they look out for habits. And I'm sure Forward does the same. So getting better is just knowing what they look for, controlling the pace. Those few things will help your game a whole lot. ( if you haven't already figured).

FirewaterDM

Smash Apprentice
...so who is a good character to try and learn if you main Pikachu, but need to work on some things with him, such as techs and other tricks? I've got at least recoveries and QA down (though i still kill myself a lot sometimes), but I'm not exactly an expert on most advanced techniques. So what exactly would be the best character to play besides pika, to help me be a better pika/ have counters to Marth?

tdk_Samurai

Smash Ace
lol, pika IS my marth counter, all my other chars get ****ed up by marth, but my pika is like bingo bango *****. but um, falcon teaches you how to play in general, shiek is a good marth counter, but I would recomend fox or falcon

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
lol, pika IS my marth counter, all my other chars get ****ed up by marth, but my pika is like bingo bango *****. but um, falcon teaches you how to play in general, shiek is a good marth counter, but I would recomend fox or falcon
Luigi is my Marth counter. He can't space ANYTHING when I'm all over the stage in a second! :laugh:

I would recomend Fox and Falcon as well, but also Samus. There is nothing that teaches you patience, defensive game and how to pick apart approaches like a match or two as Samus. :)

even if i add new things to my game, i feel like that won't improve my actual skill, or the results of a match =( even when i try new things on forward, it seems like i just get the same results. i just don't wanna feel stuck anymore =(
You're probably going about this the wrong way...

Adding new things helps, sure, but taking things out can be just as helpful. Whether it's for specific situations, match ups, or just in general, empty SHs or whatever.
This game is flexible.

Also, when people stop improving, it's usually the stupidest little things that make the difference in a match, and these are the things that hold them back.

Just today I showed an up-coming Shiek main several videos of M2K and Amsah, guess what they both did in common within the matches I showed? (This happened to BOTH of these amazing players)

1. A situation came up where they waited empty in a jump outside of the opponents shield and their opponent reacted badly by jumping. They punished the reaction with an aerial, reading it properly.

2. The same situation came up a 2nd time in a different set, they waited for the reaction and it didn't happen, both of them used the late aerial and got punished for it being poorly spaced after misreading.

3. Neither of them did an empty jump simply to turn around and grab or something else when it came up ever again after that. It came up roughly 4 more times each with #1 but mainly #2 results. Even the best players in the world do too much sometimes, knowing it's worked SO many times, who's to blame them? Yet it would be better removed more often than would be expected. Neither of them get punished for much else aside from these silly things.

Keeping with something that can be altered slightly, even removed entirely, leaves you open to SO MUCH more.
Like WDing OOS, you don't punish anything, even do anything. It's amazing how every time anyone does it, whether it's an ok player or Mango, people will freak out and do things in front of you for you to punish later, just by sitting there empty waiting for them to do something expecting you to do something (because everyone always does something there [get it?]). You're safe when you don't do anything at all.

People need to do nothing more. Just my thoughts.
:\

Pika's ftilt will stop it if luigi wavedashes into it before dsmashing

As far as approaching luigi, i don't see many safe options. Your best bets are probably shffl'd nairs basically just trying to make sure he can't move very well to intercept/dodge and punish.

Also the momentum in this match is so hard to keep.

Nair->utilt? WHY NOT? Try it out, maybe you'll figure out some stuff.

I think the main thing is an emphasis on redeveloping your pika game.
Does Pika's ftilt cancel out with Luigi's ftilt? Or what happens when they hit at the same time?

Approaching Luigi is actually pretty silly. He can get away and get to you REALLY freakin fast! I think Luigi may be the only character that can actually approach Falcon more than Falcon approaches Luigi and Falcon doesn't mind because that's just the way Luigi is. He's really messed up. :\
But yes, Nairing and generally LARGE AREA attacks and maneuvers can shut down lots. Just like the way Fox spams nair etc. Slow the craziness down.

The momentum doesn't exist unless it's mid combo or edgeguarding. And Luigi has a decent combo breaker+starter. XD

Yeah, I finally watched the AXE effect combo vid. The best parts were the Uair>Nair in one jump, you both land (no knock back because low %) then turning around and grabbing/ftilting/usmashing or whatever when they land and shield/dash/etc.
So sexy.

Overdeveloping the pika game *cough*
It's not needed, seriously. :\

AXE 09

Smash Master
wow guys... i'm really thinking a lot about everything i just read right now. i feel like you guys are right. Dynamism, n64, and Idolized... i think thanks to you guys, i'm gonna try to experiment with new things and HOPEFULLY earn a new skill boost with pikachu

i know that i might be stupid for saying this, but... i CAN'T stop playing pikachu. i just can't. it's like... whenever the game's on, and i'm about to select my character... i just can't help but to go to pikachu. i really don't want to stop playing him (even if it is only for like 2 weeks), and i feel like i can still reach a new level without stopping. a while ago when i felt stuck like this before, i never stopped playinig pikachu and i was still able to get better eventually

some things that n64 said that got me thinking... i should try experimenting again. almost my entire pikachu game was created by experimenting with different moves. i did exactly what you were explaining. just doing a bunch of things all the time, and eventually, putting everything together and seeing which moves are most effective or not

but one thing that i feel like i just might be stuck on: i only do things that "work".

so that probably didn't make sense, but it might make more sense if i said... i should try experimenting with things that DON'T work or aren't supposed to work. i think i might be too hung up on things that are "true" combos and things that are inescapable. N64 made me think that i should try experimenting with things that aren't necessairly "true" combos. even if people can escape, maybe there's something that i can do that CAN be escaped, but maybe most people won't escape it.

basically... i'm gonna start experimenting more with different moves than i would normally use in different situations, and see if i can create anything new. thank you so much for your advice n64 =)

Idolized... i never really thought of that either. just the fact that... forward is most likely looking for something that i'm probably constantly doing, and just keep punishing me for this one thing. i feel like whatever he's punishing me for isn't very noticible at all. he never really "punishes" me in ways that you might think. like... i won't miss a move, or make any mistakes or anything. i feel like he just knows the exact right time to attack, and when not to attack, based on certain things that i do. i think that maybe if i look hard enough, i can find whatever movement that i do which triggers when he attacks, or when he decides to not attack. he might be looking for habbits that i have that aren't easy for me or anyone else to notice. i feel like there's gotta be SOMETHING that triggers his movements, because he never really just randomly attacks me

Dynamism... you made me realize that adding things into my game can be just as important as REMOVING things in my game when necessary. sometimes, pikachu should delete an older move to make room for a new one. maybe not necessairly completely DROP a certain series of moves that i do, but i just need to know when to stop doing it. for instance...

i noticed that one thing that i do A LOT is... after i do a running shffl'd nair through my opponent's shield, i'll almost always do a rising full jump Uair. this will work for a while, but i noticed that sometimes (specifically against forward) my opponent will learn how to counter that. normally, they will try to attack after i Nair their shield, causing them to get hit by my Uair. something that i noticed that forward does... he'll block the Nair, and keep holding his shield to block my Uair, then counters with a full jump OOS Bair. this is only ONE thing i've noticed, i know that there must be many habits that i have that i should learn to stop doing when i need to stop. there's times to use certain moves, but i should learn how to stop using them when i know my opponent will read me

ICG: i HAVE to hear your commentary. please tell me when those matches are out lol

oh and Dynamism: thanks for watching my combo video =) i LOVE doing that full jump Uair, falling Nair into grab/ftilt/Usmash on fast fallers lol. at the start of pretty much every stock, i almost always try to start off with this combo lol. but seriously, thank you so much for watching my vid =)

oh and Firewater: if you're looking for another character to play just to get down some techskill that's kinda hard to get down with pikachu... i would probably recommend fox lol. just because he probably requires the most techskill to use (imo). but if you're looking for someone to counter Marth... i'd probably recommend for you to use Sheik. i know she does pretty well against marth, but honestly like Tdk said, i actually use Pikachu against marth players lol. i kinda like fighting marth

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Yeah being predictable isn't good if you are like just in one match of playing this guy I figured out a lot of his teching patterns like I started chargeing F-smash (pichu) before I even saw him tech. I think I messed with him pretty bad. Becuase I also did flying chargeing side-Bs in a random direction (at mid/higher percents). And I did it when I knew it would work.

I was saying axe like when you normally SHFFL nair a sheild what if you didn't nair and you grabed when you landed behind them of course once you know they sheild it.

tdk_Samurai

Smash Ace
question 1: why don't I see uptilt used more in pika vids, like it combos into stuff so well, like almost as well as upthrow

and regaurding axe and your skill boost, good luck, just stay away from the thunder stones :-\

TresChikon

Smash Lord
^ nice wall of text up there Axe.

You should be like Dogy and use stupid font with stupid coloring.

Maybe Pika-colored text in arial narrow font

like this

Pikachu is yellow

That sure would burn our eyeballs off.

FirewaterDM

Smash Apprentice
yeah... being predictable is an issue for me especially. But I may try using Fox for right now. I'm in the group of people who aren't afraid to use Pika vs. Marth, but I just was trying out new people to learn new techs, or at least get better with my pika.

N64

Smash Champion
utilt is amazing! Where's renth. Our first tourney set ended with us both at high percent and brinstar and me killing him off the top with a utilt.

I basically utilt when i expect the opponent to dash/jump into me with an attack. It can beat out some aerials, and it can force fastfallers to tech and set up some combos (usually a uair after) on everyone else.

But yeah, still very situational.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
i'm back from the tourmnament I'm proud to say I did better as pichu vs m2k's sheik than a fox vs his sheik well I at least racked up 100% and I would have taken a stock from his gannon if he didn't quit within a minute of the match.

But it turns out gannon is as scary as I thought before I thought it was ungodly bad, but yeah it's not half as bad as I thought but I wish they didn't keep useing red gannon, because he reminds me of being ***** as a small child.

The only people I had a huge problem was falco's they make me sad :( I nearly lost my hype till I smashed my head into a pillar(not a falco pillar a wall kind).

iDoLiZeD

Smash Cadet
Haha good stuff ICG.

Also, I think up tilt is decent. Use it when you follow up a Nair to Shield. Make sure you space your nair behind them though, uptilt accordingly.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Hooray people care about me. Also the advice I was given was to space better. I think I need to do combos I don't think I landed but maybe a 2 hit combo on that marth.

Really up-tilt is really good even the sourspot is good. It sets up whatever air more for about everyone in the game at most percents I believe.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
i think i might be too hung up on things that are "true" combos and things that are inescapable.

i LOVE doing that full jump Uair, falling Nair into grab/ftilt/Usmash on fast fallers lol. at the start of pretty much every stock, i almost always try to start off with this combo lol. but seriously, thank you so much for watching my vid =)

this is only ONE thing i've noticed, i know that there must be many habits that i have that i should learn to stop doing when i need to stop.
I giggled a little...
You see what you pointed out there?
Uair, falling nair into grab/ftilt/usmash isn't a TRUE combo. Yet you say you LOVE it, and yet you've been hung up on true combos?
hmmmmmm.... ;)

I've noticed a few things you do repetitively and I've only watched like, 3 matches and the combo vid. >_>
Everyone has habbits. That's how Mango wins. hahaha

And my pleasure watching your vid. :D

Top Bottom