• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Ask about Pikachu! Hosted by Axe and N64! feat. dkuo!

AXE 09

Smash Master
well the thing is, i'm gonna be arriving in baltimore on the 15th (friday) at around 9:15. that's about when my flight lands

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Wow axe has an ariwing (or whatever it's called) to good axe I mean everyone alreadlly believes your to good you don't have to keep proving it.

I know what you mean by how it changes depending. Ok I'm not joking at all but pichu's up-B is an amazing way to bait people into being where you need them like like get on a platform light sheild and up-B down and caught them during their lag also full hop nothing to up-B down. pity pikachu can't due to lag and hitting them, and his sheild size.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
So I tail spiked the everlasting s*** out of N64's doc today and I felt like a champ.

Then he dunked my ***. XD

Good times, good times.

TresChikon

Smash Lord
just start maining him now ;-)
Unfortunately, he can't main Pika.

Dogy follows a moral code that prevents him from maining anyone good.

-Thou shall not ever land a good character, but will only settle into mediocrity. The only exception to ye commandment is for a game ye shant give 2 flying horse f***s about, in which case ye will hastily audible to the greatest character of them all.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
OMG LOLOLOLOL I'M MAD YOU REMEMBER THAT POST! XD Dogyism, the worst idea somebody ever pitched to me.

But yeah, I'm hoping the luck behind my character selection start changing as new games start coming out. It actually already has, but it's a one time deal.

__

-looks at n64-
PIKA IS BROKEN.

I wanna play by the ledge too, but no, that f***er's all like -pssh pssh- stock.

-pssh- stock
-pssh- -pssh- -pssh- PIKA!!! stock

It's so depressing.

AXE 09

Smash Master
OH well...****. that's PM?

dang
yeah my bad... i meant 9:15AM on friday haha. it'll be 4 of us AZ smashers

so ummm... i just went to a tourney this saturday, and many suprising things happened....

Taj was actually there o.O omg! taj! haven't seen him in forever.

i ended up having to play him.... and he's freakin hard as heck haha. but i was somehow able to pull a victory on him

but that's not the most suprising thing... apparently, Light ended up eliminating Forward in the winners bracket, and then ended up defeating me in grand finals taking 1st place!! i dunno how he did it... he must've gone to the hyperbolic time chamber or something. i tried my hardest, i didn't mess up that much... and he didn't pull any stitch faces or bombs or anything like that, he just plain out played me.... i have no clue how he suddenly got so good so fast

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
WHOA LIGHT?

is he the same Light who's originally from MD/VA????

Used to play Brawl and was HELLA good when it first came out because he played the Japanese version with Forte a bunch before it came out stateside?

if so: he's a cool *** dude...but WOW good ****, Light!!!

He had a lot of potential. Good to see it finally unlocked =D

AXE 09

Smash Master
you know... i'm actually not sure if he's the same light lol. but his brother goes by Dark. and he's freakin good as heck

and yes, he does play brawl too. in fact, at that same tournament, he got 2nd place, which nobody expected. we all know he's good, but he just suddenly got a huge boost in skill level out of no where! and yes, he is a really awesome dude lol

AXE 09

Smash Master
ok i'm pretty sure we're talking about different people haha. he's pretty much one of the most pure smashers ever. he rarely cusses, never gets mad, and i don't think he'd ever have any piercings. like... ever. he's pretty short, prolly like 5'7" or something. he plays peach haha. and he's lived in arizona since i've known him... which is like 3 years. sad to say though, he's moving within the next few days :(

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
I've started practicing quick attack at the 1/16 to 3/16 direction as a counter to fox's shine spike and I was wondering if anyone had considered this worth learning and/or has used it for any competitive purpose.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I dunno, with Pikachu, I don't mind offstage shines for the most part, cause it's like giving you 2 jumps back with your up B. Generally having good control of your up B is important though, mostly so that you can use your first part to set up a 2nd part sweetspot from various positions.

In other words, I don't think you need it specifically for dealing with shine spikes cause I don't think they're a big deal for pikachu, but it doesn't hurt to learn good control of your upB.

AXE 09

Smash Master
Generally having good control of your up B is important though, mostly so that you can use your first part to set up a 2nd part sweetspot from various positions.
wow man, i've never really thought of it like that before, but now that i'm thinking about it, you're absolutely right. so the first zip just puts you in a good position for the 2nd zip to sweetspot... never really thought about that before lol

so has everyone seen the pools for pound 4 yet?

EDIT: hey ummm... everyone should vote lol. *cough*cough*

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=260808

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I voted darkrain your winning as of now. Sorry man. a few videos should be taken off of that list and a few added but yeah most are amazing. Like where is the video waffles made called this game is amazing.

Hey is it cool to dd and wd at the same time? I do that with most people but yeah is it all right?

AXE 09

Smash Master
I voted darkrain your winning as of now. Sorry man. a few videos should be taken off of that list and a few added but yeah most are amazing. Like where is the video waffles made called this game is amazing.

Hey is it cool to dd and wd at the same time? I do that with most people but yeah is it all right?
lol it's all good man. i really hope axe effect does good though :p

and DD and WD? heck yeah, i do it all the time lol. you mean like DD a little, then WD, then DD, etc etc... yeah i think it's a good mindgame lol. it makes your opponent afraid to approach a lot of times
Axe
-AIB-
Bolt
Dmac
janks
Rezo

You got it axe =D.

and go axe effect! =D
haha thanks man! i'll definately try my best! although... i haven't heard of any of those people before. does anyone have any info on them??

are you going to pound also?

I voted Axe Effect, IKM2, and Champlain Combos. Champlain Combos is underrated as ****, I love that video.
yeah, champlain combos is actually really cool, there's a bunch of origional stuff lol. thanks for voting for me man ^^

1. Phil
1. BetaZealot
1. Action *******
1. Amsah

dang, i know Phil and Amsah are pretty good... but you got this man! i believe in you!

tdk_Samurai

Smash Ace
yea, dmac is pretty good and will chain grab your *** with his ganon, but you got that **** axe.

chad, I expect a first seed from you as well, no johns :-)

Good luck to you as well mogwai

n64, wtf

zig, where do you go to school at? I thought it was near dc, if so wtf

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
wow man, i've never really thought of it like that before, but now that i'm thinking about it, you're absolutely right. so the first zip just puts you in a good position for the 2nd zip to sweetspot... never really thought about that before lol
LOL WTF @ you saying that when I thought I got that from YOU. XD You do realize I already do this subconsciously, right Axe? hahahaha...maybe you're just too good.
it's definitely a Falco pool, not a Pikachu pool though :p.

maybe if I have at least 3rd seed locked up, I'll Pikachu Action ******* :laugh:
lmfao ACTION-B!

He's...uh...an interesting dude, from what I've heard XD

N64

Smash Champion
Dmac and rezo have pika practice from me heh... I can't take sides! Dmac is the reason I do well against ganons.

but yeah, axe you'll do pretty well i'm sure.

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
how did dmac and rezo end up in the same pool? Thats silly.

I was going to go to pound 4, but my flight back to college area was on the 17th, and pound starts the 16th. The airpline people wouldnt let me change my itinerary unless I paid them a zillion dollars. Even still, I almost paid it...but it would have killed me financially.

not going to pound is killing me slowly...

BankaiPwn

Smash Cadet
Haha Axe I wish... but I'm just a low newbie up in canada who just started playing recently... VERY recently xD. I'm just a huge fan atm, lol.

Good luck.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
how did dmac and rezo end up in the same pool? Thats silly.

I was going to go to pound 4, but my flight back to college area was on the 17th, and pound starts the 16th. The airpline people wouldnt let me change my itinerary unless I paid them a zillion dollars. Even still, I almost paid it...but it would have killed me financially.

not going to pound is killing me slowly...
It's just as well, you would have just been gayed in pools anyway.

Top Bottom