• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Ask about Pikachu! Hosted by Axe and N64! feat. dkuo!

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
yes! shoot lasers out your face next time a sheik starts chain throwing you. In IN all you can do is just throw corn more nutritious than deadly so yeah.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
i don't get how it's physically possible to have a better pika than axe's!
I jus now saw this, and I'm beginning to ask myself the same thing... =/ Pikachu... IS FREAKIN HARD TO USE.. that or i'm doin it all wrong.. lol anyway .. meh pika..M2's cooler ^^ <3 axe

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Why would he be hard to use? He takes little tech skill his recovery is easy and solid. Really the hardest thing would be to chain throw. Mentally it's totally different you have process stuff and quickly react. When i'm pichu I use more mental skill than anyone esle other than the ice climbers which I just started thinking cause it is to much at times.

Really mix-up be unpredictable take combos seen, don't get grabbed, up-smash for kill, up-air for gimp, don't get hit and stay cool.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
after playing his Pikachu for so long, and seeing the people its beaten.... yeah.. Im sayin for to be like Axe's Pikachu.......**** right impossible.... str8 up. PERIOD...If you can find me a Pika that can beat Axe's or impress me the way axe's does.. i can begin to believe you.. but.....man it's hard to actually do all that stuff he does.. and on top of that make it useful!.. axe is indeed one of a kind.. with a freakin rat....!

ON ANOTHER NOTE: i did call this years ago.. that he'd be the Pikachu!... n_n jus throwin that out there.....lol again

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Oh you can't play just like someone esle silly that's your problem. He just plays different you could easily learn any and all tech skill, but you can never play just like someone esle.

TresChikon

Smash Lord
You think it's a coincidence that Axe and Ash are both 3-letter words that being with an A?

I smell a conspiracy.

Axe cheats at this game.

N64

Smash Champion
i bet i can take off more matches from axe than vice versa in dittos.

But he's undoubtably better than me overall.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
anyone remember when Anther was ****ing amazing and played Melee and was basically going to end up being the best Pika ever?

*sigh*

10sadfaces

20anthermadeittobracketsatpound3withpikachus

PS: he was also one of THE flashiest and most consistently awesome Pikas out there

AXE 09

Smash Master
lol all you guys are so awesome ^^

<3 tim

ICG: ...is chaingrabbing really that hard? in my opinion, it's one of the easiest things to do. you really don't have to react fast at all. if you can chaingrab in a fox ditto, i would think you could do it with pika against fox too... you have a lot of time after the Uthrow to react and grab him again. if you had to react as fast as... say... ganon, then i'd understand. but all you really need to do is JC your grabs (which everyone should do every time they grab with pika unless you're already standing still), and you're golden. it takes a long time to get comfortable with all 4 hitboxes of the Uair and be able to choose which one you wanna do. also, you can't just Usmash whenever you wanna kill someone. if you miss, you get punished. a very good player won't get hit by random Usmashes, and a player that's experienced against pikachu will know that you have to DI the Usmash away from pikachu so they won't get hit by thunder

just curious.... why did anther move to brawl????? seriously.... BRAWL?!?!?!? why would he throw away such an amazing gift???? he had so much talent

N64: not gonna lie... you're probably right lol. i know how to use pikachu, but it's rare that i fight against another pika user. i wouldn't know what to do =( my falco would get gimped haha

so i just finished moving... OMG i'm so sore, i've had to move boxes and stuff for the past 3 days. even though i'm in phoenix, i don't feel any more AZ anger.... i'm pretty sure that i gave all my anger to Wobbles lol

Toasty: WOW you must've been stoned haha. stay away from that stuff, man! you're too good for that =)

TresChikon: i dunno who you are but you freakin rock lol. your compliments make my day =D

can't wait to do teams with Vman at pound 4 ^^

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I can't down throw regrab as the ice climbers i'm a failure as a chain thrower. But I can easily down-throw revesre dair regrab. I can sometimes chain throw with pichu's up-throw I normally use up-tilt to make it easier. and I can predict there tech a lot of times when tech chasing. So yeah.

Sweet to hear your going to **** pound 4. pokemon!! it's you and me

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
Toasty: WOW you must've been stoned haha. stay away from that stuff, man! you're too good for that =)
For what it's worth, I'm 25 now and I've been Straightedge my whole life up until Jan 4th, 2009, which was when I smoked pot for the first time. I've still never had alcohol [inb4listerene] and never will...but bud was the only thing I ever considered myself "interested" in, so after 10 years of being asked to join in by friends [no peer pressure though, just courteous invitations because I would be present while they did it], I finally decided "**** it" and just did it. And I had a lot of fun with it. But I've lived my life partying without it so I'm glad to say I've never used it as a crutch to help me let loose or run away from problems/stress.

TL;DR - if it's any comfort, I never feel like I need to do it for ANY reason. I simply enjoy it when I DO do it.

Thanks for the concern though, Axe =D

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Bet you didn't blow smoke out your nose the first hit. I will never do it again because the first time nothing happened other than I tryed to build a chair which it was because i didn't like the chair I had. But the next week it felt like I was taking a hit every 15 minutes for 11 days staight mother F***er I was slow I even felt the smoke and could taste it. My mind slowed whi ch drove me nuts I wouldn't ley anyone touch me and when I when walking to school I would srceam and pleding it to stop I can't go slow I really really can't.

It was abopout as bad as when I lost my mind. I won't do it again and I don't care about trying drugs other then one that's like a legal acid. after all i'm a pink floyd kindof guy

Hey Wobbles (i've heard) isn't as bad as he used to be he calmed down and junk.

Hey axe I don't try to have any habits at all but are there any I should have that can NEVER backfire like L-canceling and JC grabing. In general like even if I was ______

AXE 09

Smash Master
honestly wobbles isn't bad at all. he's always treated me with respect, and he's actually a very nice guy. it's just sometimes, there's something medically wrong with him. like, i think he takes medicine for it, but i dunno about any details or something. in general though, he's a really cool and nice guy

glad to hear that you guys don't do that stuff. i've personally never touched any alcohol, or smoked anything. people say i'm a goodie goodie -_- i don't even cuss lol

but seriously guys, you should stay away from that stuff. play melee instead =) whenever i'm upset, i just play some melee and it relieves all my stress haha. it's pretty awesome :p

ICG: hmmmm... things that can never backfire.... like specifically that pikachu has, or just every character in general? maybe ummmm.... edge cancelling is awesome lol. for pikachu, you can never really go wrong with WD -> Ftilt upwards. it lasts forever and doesn't have much lag at all. i think the only way you can get punished is if it hits their shield, but that goes for pretty much any move. hitting the front of someone's shield when you're right in front of them with pretty much any move usually results in getting punished, unless you're falco or something

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
w/e, casual drinking ***** :laugh:

do fast fallers ever tech the last hitbox of Pika's uair? (the one that flips them behind you) from my experience, they never expect to go that way and I get free usmash nonsense at low %s and it makes me wonder if they ever start catching on... :laugh:

also, thanks for the dtilt advice forever ago, that move is way better than I ever gave it credit for.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
every character I never ever ever touch pikachu I haven't even placed the hand on pikachu in a year, the only I never touch unless i'm testing ideas.

TresChikon

Smash Lord
I don't even expect the u-air to land let alone know where it'll send me.

My friend uses Pika and I'm like "that won't reach me"
and he's like, "lol, it already did" *jab resets*

The range is awfully deceptive.

AXE 09

Smash Master
Mogwai: yeah, for some reason, spacies will rarely tech the last hit of the Uair if you hit them while they're on the ground. i usually always run behind me and hit them with a slightly charged Usmash after they miss the tech. you can pretty much count on them missing this tech =) however, sometimes, i'll find someone who actually techs it. for instance.... i tried it at 5:21 of this vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77gnfK_8VnA

TresChikon: yeah, the Uair always hits people when they don't expect it to reach, i love it so much lol. maybe that's the reason why they always miss the tech when you hit them on stage with it.

ICG: if you're looking for advice with pichu & IC's, i can help you a little bit with IC's, but i don't know ANYTHING about pichu. he's my worst character lol. but as far as i know with the experience i have from getting ***** by wobbles, Utilt is an amazing move with the IC's. a WD -> Utilt works wonders, kinda like pika's Ftilt, except the Utilt can set up for a grab or another hit of some sort. he ALWAYS does WD -> jab. if he gets the jab to hit me, he'll either dsmash or grab, and there's pretty much nothing i can do about it. the jab is almost un-punishable.

oh and something kinda interesting that he does against my falco.... if you play a falco player who likes to laser camp, try a WD -> forward smash. the laser will hit popo, but nana won't get hit and will still forward smash. he owned me with this pretty hard not too long ago, it's a really brilliant idea

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I know about up-tilt it's really good to sneak in with sometimes. Really for ice climbers I tend to be really creative some days and uber spamy and campy the next.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Isai staight up watch his videos. your the best melee pikachu you might because half as good as isai in 64.

I don't think anyone will deargee to this.

TresChikon

Smash Lord
We thought you meant a Melee Pika.

Pika is already broken in 64, so it's nothing cool.

It's like being good at Sheik. Booooooorrrriiiinnnng.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
SOrry I somewhat like being chain thrown as pichu by sheik he has the cutest smile ever. No really I seen this video of sheik up-smashing after down-throw and quicly jumping up to get another grab and countyie chain throwing that and the new combo video mango was in had an amzing part with sheik.

But one thing is true about me I don't lie i'm just hard to understand sometimes.

LOL I was playing classic as falco and it did team mario so I figured I would just shine them to death wtf they jab me the frame after I shined so I was shine canceling faster than silent wolf I did like 8 it so fast and funny as H***.

AXE 09

Smash Master
Chad, we're gonna do some amazing pika doubles against people at pound 4, right?? =D omg those were so freakin amazing lol!!

happy new year everyone :)

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
WHy is it never happy 1963 :(? Oh well I've been listening to tripy tunes for about 5 hours staight now so yeah wtf.

Hey axe what place are you going to come in? 2nd to 3rd right? Hey where you play as pikachu do you use your movement to get past marth? Just wanting to know.

-Chad-

Slackerator
Chad, we're gonna do some amazing pika doubles against people at pound 4, right?? =D omg those were so freakin amazing lol!!

happy new year everyone :)
:D

Long as there's more tvs at this than Genesis I'm gonna love this tournament.

We never have actually played each other so I would like to do that too, we could each take turns swapping who plays Pika and who plays the other char (I would like this a lot)

Pika doubles will be insanely awesome too :D Looking forward to it lots.

AXE 09

Smash Master
WHy is it never happy 1963 :(? Oh well I've been listening to tripy tunes for about 5 hours staight now so yeah wtf.

Hey axe what place are you going to come in? 2nd to 3rd right? Hey where you play as pikachu do you use your movement to get past marth? Just wanting to know.
movement is a pretty big part of it. i usually try to mindgame the marth into attacking. usually, marth players tend to SH double Fair or full hop double Fair. i usually attack right after he does the first Fair. whenever i try to attack right after he lands, it normally doesn't lead to good results. my approach varies from shffl Nair, SH Uair, running downtilt, full jump Dair... it really depends haha. i can't really explain it

:D

Long as there's more tvs at this than Genesis I'm gonna love this tournament.

We never have actually played each other so I would like to do that too, we could each take turns swapping who plays Pika and who plays the other char (I would like this a lot)

Pika doubles will be insanely awesome too :D Looking forward to it lots.
i know man! it was so hard to play friendlies with the lack of TV's at genesis

that's kinda funny, we never actually played against each other lol. i dunno, i was having one heck of a fun time teaming with you. you're so awesome as a partner, it's incredible!

but heck yeah man =) we gotta play against each other. you're hecka good. and i'm totally fine with playing falco, and i have many other decent characters that i can play, it's just my pikachu and my falco completely exceeds the skill level of any of my other characters and i'm not sure why.... but we definately need to play each other more =)

hey, who's staying at the hotel for pound? i reserved a room and i'm just wondering who else will be there =) i'll be rooming with V3ctorman, Tee Ay Eye, and Taj. AZ! =D

AXE 09

Smash Master
wtf Axe I thought you were staying with me?

>_<

All good! I'll be at the hotel though!
it's a long story -_- but i guess as of yesterday, Taj and Tai decided to register and said that they needed a room to stay in. Vman decided it'd be cool to have an AZ room, so.... yeah i guess we're all staying together o.O lol that's kinda cool though. thanks for the help though toasty. i just really wanted to make sure that i had a place to stay haha. all that we need now is transportation from the air port...

you know, it's kinda weird. i'm pretty sure that i've played falco and fox a lot more than pikachu, but for some reason my pikachu is just so much better. it's like destiny lol

Top Bottom