• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Ask about Pikachu! Hosted by Axe and N64! feat. dkuo!

LAX_

Smash Apprentice
i'm sort of a half pikachu lol but i've never been to a tourney haha.
but i'm only staying for a bit at pound 4 since i cant stay there all of saturday (and i don't like brawl). hopefully i'll get a lot of friendlies.

AXE 09

Smash Master
unfortunately, i have to play falco against sheik lol. there's just some things pika can't really keep up with....

so i'm like 85% certain now that i can go to pound 4, the only thing that's stopping me is.... i need housing and transportation to and from the airport

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
huh....well ****.

also axe

i think i know why you didnt do so well against mango
its cuz you were so fatigued after ****** lovage.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
yeah honestly I recall way too many smash sessions in my early days that made me want to quit Pika because my training partner then was a Sheik main and he ONLY played Sheik...and he was allll about that win! Whatever it took.

;__;

AXE: when do you plan/hope to arrive/depart? and would it be at BWI?

If the timing is right and there is enough space [still working out details], then I may be able to give you a ride AND house you...er, that's misleading:

I'm renting a vehicle, the size of which depends entirely on how many people I will be taking with me to and from the airport. I think I'm gonna end up getting some big *** van and everyone will just split the total cost from Friday to Tuesday [I arrive Friday at 6 and leave Tuesday at like noon or something].

As for housing, I'm getting a hotel room with a BUNCH of people and I just need to confirm numbers soon before I can determine how many openings there are =D

N64

Smash Champion
I think i'm the only pika in the world that doesn't mind the sheik matchup that much.

I'll take it over marth any day.

T-Cash

Smash Apprentice
how do i stop a doc from down throw chain grabbing me i like pikachu but this is a easy way to take one of my stocks

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
how do i stop a doc from down throw chain grabbing me i like pikachu but this is a easy way to take one of my stocks
You can't, really. For certain percentages, it's guaranteed. The best way to break out is likely to not DI or DI up and jump out. But then you have to watch out for the fsmash.

AXE 09

Smash Master
I think i'm the only pika in the world that doesn't mind the sheik matchup that much.

I'll take it over marth any day.
actually the matchup vs sheik isn't as bad as people think lol. it just sux when you get chaingrabbed.... if i faught a sheik who didn't chaingrab, i honestly don't think i'd mind it at all. sheik is one of my worst matchup, but not THE worst matchup for me. my worst matchup is jiggs -_-

AXE: when do you plan/hope to arrive/depart? and would it be at BWI?

If the timing is right and there is enough space [still working out details], then I may be able to give you a ride AND house you...er, that's misleading:

I'm renting a vehicle, the size of which depends entirely on how many people I will be taking with me to and from the airport. I think I'm gonna end up getting some big *** van and everyone will just split the total cost from Friday to Tuesday [I arrive Friday at 6 and leave Tuesday at like noon or something].

As for housing, I'm getting a hotel room with a BUNCH of people and I just need to confirm numbers soon before I can determine how many openings there are =D
*gasp* seriously?!?!?!?! i plan on arriving sometime on friday and leaving on tuesday, but i just don't know the times yet. i think my plane would arive sometime around 5 or so on friday, and i'm not too sure about when it'd depart, but if you could help me, i'd love you forever haha

i'm definately willing to split any costs with transportation and housing. we should definately talk about this later.

oh and about the doc matchup.... to be honestly, it's sooooo rare that i fight any doc players. and with the ones that i have faught, none of them chaingrabbed me. i wish i could help out with this matchup but i honestly have no experience against it

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
Axe I'll have a better idea of what's going on on Sunday and I'll let you know what the deal is =D!

I'm personally TERRIBLE against the Marios :(

*needs experience*

Jiggs? I'm so-so...at mid damage I'll DI wrong [toward the stage] when getting baired because I think "oh **** I gotta survive" but really it's like the Ken Combo - you just gotta DI away and then recover around the situation

it can be kinda tough though if the Jiggs is hella gay ;__;

sorry for the completely uninformative post >_<

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
Pika's game has always been a game of hunt and peck. Upsmashes are rare treats in most matchups. They're just extra tempting against jiggs, which is why you might get baited into trying...then dying a lot.

Like I always say...n64 can have the shieks...I'll take all the marths.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
As pichu I can sometimes duck under the bairs and once in awhille I can wd under and up-smash. pikachu has a better wd maybe that could help.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Hey when(if) I grab marth, I should f-throw like twice,pummel once, up-throw to what would be a good move here I want dair but nair can sometimes combo into another nair should I dair or nair? No up-sir he is at a low percent so it won't do anything.

sorry I love grabs.

N64

Smash Champion
I think fthrow chainthrow works up until like 8% on peach. So, once.

But I do love my occasional fthrow->something-that-shouldn't-work.

Edit: fthrow -> charged usmash is legit because they will always downdodge after the fthrow. Always.

AXE 09

Smash Master
mogwai and n64 have such wise words of wisdom =) (did that make sense?)

sorry i haven't been able to post lately guys, i've been having a lot of issues these past few days. my family's pretty much preparing to move (i'm moving on christmas day). yay, christmas is gonna be so much fun.... moving boxes all day and trying to decorate and doing work. yay.......... lol

on a marth, i usually always Uthrow. that Uthrow -> tailspike thing is working VERY well for me. i've been using it a lot lately, and if you can't follow it up with another grab, you can do a running Usmash and it's actually a combo. this only works with low damage though. if they're at high damage, i usually Uthrow, then either Nair or Dair. usually Dair if they're at a very high percent, but nair if they're at mid percent, because you have a chance of comboing into another nair/uair. i just use dair at higher percents because it'll most likely do more damage, since my nair is like always so stale.

Toasty: looks like i found someone here from AZ to go with me to pound, and i'll most likely be rooming with V3ctorman. we might need more people to room with us though, so.... idk lol. we'll figure something out

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
how can you have wise words if they aren't wise? I was thinking about pichu when I asked so ohwell. Hey if you move out of AZ do you lose the AZ rage?

Top Bottom