• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Ask about Pikachu! Hosted by Axe and N64! feat. dkuo!

BankaiPwn

Smash Cadet
Axe, you're absolutely amazing! =D

Probably one of my inspirations to continue with my pika main. Keep it up xD

LAX_

Smash Apprentice
Man AXE that set against Mango was amazing.
nice job bro.

it's also great to see the pika boards be this active. it's awesome!

P.S. i sort of went a little overboard and thumbs up-ed EVERYTHING on the vids lol.

AXE 09

Smash Master
oh snaps! this got stickied? that's so awesome lol!

thanks for all the comments everyone ^^ mango's freakin scary haha

sorry to disappoint everyone, but.....

he 3 stocks me in crews o.O you'll see.... i kinda get ***** *cries*

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Omg Axe, I just saw your tourney match vs Mango.

That was some sick ****.

It gave me that "Dam now I wanna pick up pikachu to see how much fun it is even though it'll probably bother me cuz I have nowhere near the experience this guy does" feeling.

AXE 09

Smash Master
Omg Axe, I just saw your tourney match vs Mango.

That was some sick ****.

It gave me that "Dam now I wanna pick up pikachu to see how much fun it is even though it'll probably bother me cuz I have nowhere near the experience this guy does" feeling.
lol! man, you're too modest haha. i haven't seen many of your vids, but i've heard you're pretty legit :p haha thanks man ^^ dude mango's the scariest person you'll ever fight haha

Axe more AIM.

seriously.
i'm trying man, but it's hard to find the time =( college is tough lol

I mean, nothing else is happenin' in here, sooooooooo I figured why not.
thanks for helping out the pika boards man :) that's what's up lol

Axe when are you going to be in socal?
well.... *sigh* sad news.... it's looking like i might not be able to go.... *cries*

DissAbel

Smash Rookie
Axe, I just met your partner in crime, V3ctorMan in the Mewtwo Forums. Now it's my turn to meet you. So Hello! nice to meet you. I must say, How the Hell do you and him play Mewtwo and Pikachu so freaking good! You're both even from the same state!? Coincidence much? How did you both meet? On top of that. Mewtwo and Pikachu you two decide to be good with. Both are ****ty *** characters, but my god you both make them look unbelievable. Both of your combo videos are amazing too.

Anyway i'm just glad to meet you, and I hope to watch more of you and him in the future.

LAX_

Smash Apprentice
yeah Pika's shield to body ratio isn't good, but i saw a ton of powershields by axe.
was ridiculous haha.

Skler

Smash Master
If a pikachu falls in the forest and nobody is around to hear it does it still say pikaaaaaaaa?

Thanks in advance Love Sincerely Forever yours Your humble servant Your Hylian pal Your biggest fan,
Skler

AXE 09

Smash Master
Axe, I just met your partner in crime, V3ctorMan in the Mewtwo Forums. Now it's my turn to meet you. So Hello! nice to meet you. I must say, How the Hell do you and him play Mewtwo and Pikachu so freaking good! You're both even from the same state!? Coincidence much? How did you both meet? On top of that. Mewtwo and Pikachu you two decide to be good with. Both are ****ty *** characters, but my god you both make them look unbelievable. Both of your combo videos are amazing too.

Anyway i'm just glad to meet you, and I hope to watch more of you and him in the future.
hey DissAbel! nice to meet you too :p

Vman and i are actually from the same city, and we happen to be the best of friends :) him and i used to train together EVERY day for hours upon hours, but then he had to leave to go to the air port =(
to be honest.... i'm not really too sure why we chose to play these characters lol. i've pretty much always been playing pikachu, but i'm not too sure of the story of why vman playes mewtwo. but yes... we know each other very very well lol. well it's nice to meet you, and thanks for the compliments =D

ICG: there were a few times during my match against mango where i get hit/smashed even when my shield is up, and also where i'd grab, and if i was ANY other character, it would've grabbed him, but pikachu's grab rance just sux =( and that's why i usually Usmash out of shield rather than shield grab lol.

Scumfever: yeah.... i'm honestly not that good =( i did alright in those matches, but i get wrecked in crews, it's horrible

LAX: V3ctorman and i used to train all day trying to get down powershielding lol. now i try to powershield every chance i get =)

rappster: you have no idea how many times i've watched those matches lol! i can't stop, it gives me incentive to do better next time

festizzio: actually there's about a 50% chance that i'll go now, but i won't be there for very long. maybe only for a week. during that week, you and i MUST smash =)

Skler: that's actually a very good question lol. i wish pikachu could talk so that way we could just ask him about it :p

tdk_Samurai

Smash Ace
if you I am at the ledge and I back throw captain falcon off, what would be a good move to throw out right away. zig zag was explaining to me how falcons always jump back right away and how he always throws out some move and gets free damage on them, but I forgot what it was. So I guess this is mainly directed towards zig zag, but I'm sure other pika mains have things they do here too.

tdk_Samurai

Smash Ace
ICG: there were a few times during my match against mango where i get hit/smashed even when my shield is up, and also where i'd grab, and if i was ANY other character, it would've grabbed him, but pikachu's grab rance just sux =( and that's why i usually Usmash out of shield rather than shield grab lol.
so does up smash have further verticle range than shield grab? If so I'm not playing pika again :-(

LAX_

Smash Apprentice
well if cfalcon is at high percentages and i bthrow at the ledge then i always try to moonwalk->reverse tailspike.
man its sexy if it hits but
i almost always miss

AXE 09

Smash Master
after i Bthrow falcon, i usually do 1 of 2 things....

either a downwards forward tilt, or a full jump fastfalled thunderjolt. if i'm going for the Ftilt, i wait until i hear falcon do his double jump, then immediately do it. if they're the kind of falcon that likes to wait for a long time before he jumps, this should be your choice

if you're fighting a falcon that likes to double jump immediately after he's out of his hitstun from the Bthrow, then the thunderjolt should be your option.

i USED to run off and try to tailspike him out of his jump, but i got so tired of missing that i went for something new, and resulted in these 2 methods.

OH and also, sometimes right after the Bthow, i wavedash onto the edge. this works really well for falcons that like to double jump toward the stage and throw out a knee. if you're fast enough, you can grab the edge before his knee comes out, and he's forced to up-b. you can do anything from there.

as far as the range goes for Usmash and grab.... i'm honestly not sure, but it really really does feel like the Usmash has more range. i just don't trust shieldgrabbing anymore, it rarely worked for me against characters like falco

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
his usmash has **** range too though... I try to usmash when I would hit easily with Fox and it's WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY out of Pikachu's usmash range T_T

<3 ftilt though, that's the gayest **** ever, I love how much it pisses off people who haven't seen how stupid the hit box is before

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
falcon would rip the pokemon babies in half dude pikachu is fuzzy so yeah but the babies would be so messed up pikapuff and captain jigglely

SoldierRift

Smash Journeyman
Anybody have ideas for a pkachu rap....?

I already finsihed my Ice climber one...

My Mario ones still the best tho.

Aren't all of those things above off topic

Its not even asking Axe a question hahhahaaaaa *chokes* *Suffers from panic attacK*

Top Bottom