• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Ask about Pikachu! Hosted by Axe and N64! feat. dkuo!

festizzio

Smash Champion
I either taunt cancel, sticky walk (that's what it's called I think), or do auto-cancelled uairs as fast as I can. After they spawn though, it's a different story.

Rappster

Smash Ace
i short hop retreating fairs till i get to the edge

Edit: does pikachu have a dthrow chaingrab on ness? i'm fairly new to pikachu, but i was testing this on level 5 cpus and chained to ~60% twice, ~22% three times. couldn't pull it off against a level 9, but i'm fairly new to pickachu and competitive smash in general, so i chalked it up to my lack of skill.

I know playing cpus is bad, but i have no friends (who play smash)

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Ness breaks out of chaingrabs pretty fast. Even Sheik only gets to fifteen percent on him.

So I doubt Pikachu has one that's useful.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Pika's d-throw doesn't work well against Ness' weight and fall speed.

I find it's only really useful at all against floaties for some reason.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
pikachu can chain throw with d-throw other than fox at super high percents? I don't think there is a legit combo out of pichu/pikachu's down-throw in the game ther's a lot of lag. But it's great for tech chaseing and if they don't know it doesn't combo/chain throw.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
pikachu can chain throw with d-throw other than fox at super high percents? I don't think there is a legit combo out of pichu/pikachu's down-throw in the game ther's a lot of lag. But it's great for tech chaseing and if they don't know it doesn't combo/chain throw.
for once I totally agree with ICG. Pika's dthrow does not legitimately combo, it just sometimes leads to usmash on floaties if your opponent temporarily forgets what a DI is.

just always uthrow, it combos into at least uair on pretty much everyone...

AXE 09

Smash Master
i 100% agree with the above 2 posts

with most characters, i'll use Uthrow the most. i don't think i EVER use downthrow unless it's on accident. however, it's actually not bad for tech chasing, but it's just i'd much rather use another throw. me no likey down throw lol.

i MIGHT go to pound 4 :)

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Thought this might help here.

Pikachu:pikachu2:
D-Throw: NO
23, 51 [28] (Hitbox on Ground 12-22; 12-15 hitlag)

U-Throw: NO
23, 47 [24] (Hitbox on Head 14-22; 14-17 hitlag)

F-Throw: NO
37, 52 [15] (Continuous hitboxes on Back at 10, 14, 18, 22 of the animation with 2 added freeze frames on each hit; in real time the hitboxes are out from 10-33)

B-Throw: YES
30, 50 [20]

EDIT:

I should try the fthrow. Never used it before. It seems so Brawl-y, though.

I prefer the dthrow for tech chases into usmash. I dunno how it'd work out on floaties.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
ALso pikachu has the best pummel in the WHOLE game his and pichu's do 2 more frames of stun, are disjointed,and come out super fast frame 3 when some are at frame 17 or even later. They have a good grab game. pikachu's could do something but is still much worse than pichu's.

But i,ve been trying to find some way to drop zone people as pichu f-throw- fair-grab can work but if they see it coming it won't work. It would make FoDs and YS better.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
Ness breaks out of chaingrabs pretty fast. Even Sheik only gets to fifteen percent on him.
wtFFFFF????? If I'm completely out of the loop here about some godly mystery DI for getting out of Sheik's CG [and not being grabbed again even if I manage to airdodge away], then please oh PLEASE let me know!!!

Otherwise...you don't know how to CG Ness properly...

Ugh, my favorite/best character is so ****ing awful ;__;

Sadly, my mediocre top tiers actually perform better XD

Lastly: I'm looking for a teammate for Pound 4. Anyone?

...N64 if you don't find a teammate who's clearly better than me [yo, team with Skler again! Dude's a BEAST] and you wanna give it another shot, then lemme know :) I'm not gonna get my feelings hurt if you say no ^_^

but for the record, I'll be using Fox/Pikachu...and Doc/Marth in teams. I doubt I'd have enough time before Pound to work on my Sheik or Falco, especially for high level teams play.

And I won't go Ness, promise XD!

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
You uh... double jump and you're out.

Or maybe I'm thinking of Ganondorf. I would think that the numbers are similar, though.

N64

Smash Champion
Pikachu can chainthrow peach all the way up to like 8%.

And toasty, i don't think i'm going to pound : /. But if I am, then teamsies would be fun!

toasty

Smash Hero
aw sadface N64

Axe, oh man...if you go to Pound 4....omg.

gahhh all the Pikas need to be there so we can crew battle *****es and be the obvious choice of The Rat Pack...which will be forgiven for using that name only because the original Rat Pack is ****ing bad ***.

^_^

Edit: LOL I knew there wasn't a way to get out that early. 50 sounds about right. Unfortunately for Ness, this doesn't mean he's safe; Sheik can then tilt and aerial **** his pathetically slow fat-kid self until he's off the stage and then...well...it's Ness off the stage.

GG.

AXE 09

Smash Master
i didn't even think you could get out with ness =/ i thought he was just as screwed as pikachu, but maybe he's lighter? haha i should use ness more often

dude.... a pikachu crew would be so amazing!!!! =D

N64, please go to pound

oh and elvenarrow... what do all those numbers you posted mean??? hahaha i'm not the best at understanding things

toasty

Smash Hero
well I mean, with Pika even around mid-high [wow it's been way too long since I've bothered with this matchup , I don't even know if that's the right % range anymore @_@] you can jump+airdodge out...but you're still essentially ****ed as that will = another grab [because he grab is so quick that even when it whiffs during your dodge, she has enough time to grab you again when you're vulnerable]

same thing with Ness, though.

don't use Ness, Axe. you're too positive of a person to be shown something so ugly as trying to be good with him XD!

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Oh the numbers are...

First frame the opponent leaves the throw, first frame you can act after the throw and the difference between the two.

Respectively.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Edit: LOL I knew there wasn't a way to get out that early. 50 sounds about right. Unfortunately for Ness, this doesn't mean he's safe; Sheik can then tilt and aerial **** his pathetically slow fat-kid self until he's off the stage and then...well...it's Ness off the stage.

GG.
iirc someone posted some data on it saying that you can grab him to like 70 or so if you're perfect, but 45-55 was a rough range for imperfect CG if they DJ airdodge.

Oh well. I'd just u-tilt uair uair uair uair uair at like 40 anyway.

Sheik's stupid.

defsithe

Smash Ace
^^
lol
no just regular bus. i took one from texas to HERB2 and really would have enjoyed the day and half trip much more if i had someone with me.

i was just wondering if anyone was making the venture on a bus.

if i could i would fly but thats like double the $$. :( which i could do but i would rather not have to fork out that much more money.

festizzio

Smash Champion
Speaking of Ness did you know that Pikachu is the only character in the game whose grab range is shorter than his?

toasty

Smash Hero
Yeah...funny. Too bad for Ness it doesn't matter because his grab is HELLA slow and Pika's is actually kinda viable [kinda] but it's pretty fast :(

You know what's funnier?

They're both right below PICHU.

AXE I'm curious as to who you're teaming with for Pound.

But seriously, consider me as your last resort?

rofl XD

AXE 09

Smash Master
haha toasty, it'd be really tight if we teamed :p but i'm actually already teaming with V3ctorman... lol. luv that guy. that's IF i decide to go

ICG: i'll look at your thread in a little bit =)

TresChikon

Smash Lord
Hey Axe, how do you feel Pika does in teams with a Fox?

I know anything with a Fox is ****, but what role should Pika be playing as?

I team with an aggressive Pika player, so normally I just sit back and play support, but what's best for Pika in general?

toasty

Smash Hero
LOL Axe I figured that...I got some options but I don't know how I feel about them :(

The worst part is all the people I do best with on teams here in GA all have teammates for Pound ;__;

Not whining, just sharing :) But yeah...I'll figure something out =D

also: omg Pika + Fox is SO good!!!!! Usmash/juggle/gimp/team-save city all day!........though the hardest part is staying out of each others way...can be costly >_>

AXE 09

Smash Master
hmmmm... well pretty much, whenever i play teams with the fox, i usually try to play as the support character.

as you know, fox will **** the crap out of anyone, but fox can also get ***** really easily because he can be comboed/gimped with ease. whenever i see my partner in a combo or about to get gimped, i always run in and save him. i'm usually watching my partner the entire time, and i worry less about killing my other opponents.

of course, when the chance arrises and i'm able to kill my opponent, i will do so, but if i'm fighting someone and i see my teammate's in trouble, i'll immediately run away from the person i'm fighting to go help my friend, even when i'm in the middle of a combo. even if you have to hit your teammate to get him out of a combo, it's still ok. hitting your teammate isn't always bad.

also, if you guys are WAY far apart, and you can't get to your teammate while he's in trouble, just throw a thundershock towards them. hopefully it'll mess up their combo

in a nutshell, i pretty much just let fox **** while i just save him whenever he's in trouble

Toasty, is N64 going to pound 4? how did teams go with him?

festizzio

Smash Champion
The great thing about Pikachu in teams is that his up air just... changes things. You run in there with an uair and what was happening just... isn't anymore.

AXE 09

Smash Master
Uair is definately the best move to save your teammate

it does so little damage, but it makes people go flying so far in a bunch of different trajectories and stuff lol. gotta love it

1 up air changes the entire mood of the match

toasty

Smash Hero
in a nutshell, i pretty much just let fox **** while i just save him whenever he's in trouble

Toasty, is N64 going to pound 4? how did teams go with him?
LOL yes! So good! Hmm...wait, I'm too aggro...I only do real well when I tone it down in teams and be the mysterious lifebox during my occasional bouts of mad evasion XD

also, N64 is on the negative side of maybe for attending *Pound*, unfortunately ;_____;

Top Bottom