• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Thread

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
Wow I just saw the video on Bucket Breaking... Another reason to hate G&W as ROB lol.
bucket breaking isn't that good, the video makes it look so much better then it is. Think about it. No tourney stage's ceiling is low enough for it to work vertically, and horizontally isn't only at somewhat lower percentages from across the stage.

I find it works well on ICs, then you can tell how you're gunna die. Otherwise, its very situational

gameandwatchmewin

Smash Cadet
what are GaW's longest air moves and ground moves. If you know enough to put the top three in order, then i think that would help everyone.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
I'm going to assume you didn't want frame data, and instead wanted their range. I'm also going to assume you want to know their horizontal range and not their vertical range x)
Grounded:
1: Chef
2: Oil Panic
3: Manhole

Aerial:
3: Turtle

Lol, ain't I a stinker?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
JKBUK, lol, who's side are you on?
The bored side. :0

Lol I wish I had some questions about G&W, but I really don't except asking for opinions on his matchups.

Corrupted

Smash Journeyman
I never use u-tilt, f-tilt, u-air, b, side-b, jab, f-smash. Which ones should I add to my game, and how.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I never use u-tilt, f-tilt, u-air, b, side-b, jab, f-smash. Which ones should I add to my game, and how.
Utilt to juggle occasionally.

Uair to Juggle/refresh moves/mess people up.

Jab because I said so.

Fsmash because dear lord it kills very good lol.

Cubone

Smash Lord
NNID
Cubone
What is keeping G&W below DDD on the tier list? We have like 3 bad matchups compared to DDD's 10 or so yet both lists have us below him. DDD seems more used in tourneys but with this newest list that doesn't seem to be a very prominent factor based on the positions of other characters. Bucket Braking even helps with our biggest weakness and we still fall short of DDD somehow.

I don't want to get involved in the tier discussion until I hear some feedback from other G&W mains.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
And here I was happy nobody had baww'd over the new tier list yet.

I'm pretty surprised G&W hasn't moved above Dedede. I thought that Bucket Braking would have been the AT to puch him above Dedede but I guess tournament placings+Chaingrab on half the cast trumps that still.

Honestly, who cares though. Game & Watch is good and everybody knows that. It doesn't change anything by putting him higher or lower on the tier list. His matchups are the same, his gameplan is the same, his ATs are the same...NOTHING changes.

Cubone

Smash Lord
NNID
Cubone
Yea, I'm not trying to cause any ruckus about it just curious. The position isn't going to change the character any except for the people who don't play them, and even then it won't make much difference unless its a new match up for them and the rank would make them nervous.

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
What is keeping G&W below DDD on the tier list? We have like 3 bad matchups compared to DDD's 10 or so yet both lists have us below him. DDD seems more used in tourneys but with this newest list that doesn't seem to be a very prominent factor based on the positions of other characters. Bucket Braking even helps with our biggest weakness and we still fall short of DDD somehow.

I don't want to get involved in the tier discussion until I hear some feedback from other G&W mains.

Fact: G&W can't punish any good character. Thats why he's bad against Marth, and IMO average against Falco. G&W does not have any exceptionally fast moves.

Fact: G&W is garbage against snake. Why marth and snake is 40/60, and snake so much harder to face, i'll never understand the reasoning, but its a fact.

Fact: Other top tiers are MK, where noone has an advantage, and D3.

So really, we're good against D3s.

G&W ***** lower tiers, theres no denying that. But that doesn't really matter when you're at the top.

D3 and Falco just do better.

And here I was happy nobody had baww'd over the new tier list yet.

I'm pretty surprised G&W hasn't moved above Dedede. I thought that Bucket Braking would have been the AT to puch him above Dedede but I guess tournament placings+Chaingrab on half the cast trumps that still.

Honestly, who cares though. Game & Watch is good and everybody knows that. It doesn't change anything by putting him higher or lower on the tier list. His matchups are the same, his gameplan is the same, his ATs are the same...NOTHING changes.
Bucket braking isn't quite known yet, as G&W's aren't placing as of late. But give it time, if anything will put G&W above D3 its that.

Tero.

Smash Champion
GaW mains didn't place that good in the last months, actually i think GaW could be above DDD and Falco, but not at the moment.

(and wtf GW only average against falco ?)

But anyway like Gates said: This won't change anything, everything is still the same.

pockyD

Smash Legend
the actual ranking doesn't change anything

but knowing the reasoning behind the ranking is definitely useful discussion

Cubone

Smash Lord
NNID
Cubone
anyone who gets a free amount of damage on the 2nd lightest character can't seriously be at a huge disadvantage.

add that to falco being fast, and G&W who can't punish = average. I'd say 55/45, in G&W favor, but really not that much less
I agree with ya on the falco match-up, there is definitely no huge advantage on the G&W side of it.

Just out of curiousity, what all outpriotorizes or clanks with G&W's upsmash (anyone, not just falco)?

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
I got a question. GAW is my secondary character besides Fox and Marth. So i want to know how you play with Mr GAW. I'll try to describe how i play since i can't record. Well i can but it's really sucky quality so you guys won't even see what i am doing :p

Ok, so i am trying to use Bair alot, but not to much since it gets predictable and i don't want to spam it badly. I use them the most in Shorthops. I sometimes use SHFair But not to much since it has landing lag. Nair and Bair are my usual approaches. I use the Dair alot when i'm in the air. I think i play as most GAW's. I've watched some videos of Hylian and all and i play similar to him in a inferior way. Is there anything i have to add in my GAW gameplay?

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621
anyone who gets a free amount of damage on the 2nd lightest character can't seriously be at a huge disadvantage.

add that to falco being fast, and G&W who can't punish = average. I'd say 55/45, in G&W favor, but really not that much less
What about gimping? Gimping surely helps out Game and Watch in this match-up.

Cubone

Smash Lord
NNID
Cubone
I got a question. GAW is my secondary character besides Fox and Marth. So i want to know how you play with Mr GAW. I'll try to describe how i play since i can't record. Well i can but it's really sucky quality so you guys won't even see what i am doing :p

Ok, so i am trying to use Bair alot, but not to much since it gets predictable and i don't want to spam it badly. I use them the most in Shorthops. I sometimes use SHFair But not to much since it has landing lag. Nair and Bair are my usual approaches. I use the Dair alot when i'm in the air. I think i play as most GAW's. I've watched some videos of Hylian and all and i play similar to him in a inferior way. Is there anything i have to add in my GAW gameplay?
Dtilt, Dthrow techchases, and Uair

AzNfinesse

Smash Journeyman

didn't mention anything about grabbing or edgeguarding, so grab and dthrow, and be sure you learn which moves work best in each characters situation (not all characters can be dthrowed and dsmashed). GnW also has a bretty strong edge game, so practice that as well.

Cubone

Smash Lord
NNID
Cubone
Gates, its around the middle of his comment "Nair and Bair are my usual approaches"

Gah, how does glide attack end up clanking @.@ I'm just trying to see just how much priority usmash has.

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
What about gimping? Gimping surely helps out Game and Watch in this match-up.
gimping helps out G&W on all matches. Sure Falco is predictable, but a good falco isn't going to just let that fair nail him in the air. A good falco will space his recovery.
This is why the match up isn't completely neutral tho. theres no denying it, G&W is amazing at punishing predictable recovs

gameandwatchmewin

Smash Cadet
Mr. Escalator
Smash Apprentice

Wii #: 2262 2625 0177 3291
Brawl FC: 5241-1599-1179
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Escalator

I'm going to assume you didn't want frame data, and instead wanted their range. I'm also going to assume you want to know their horizontal range and not their vertical range x)
Grounded:
3: Manhole

Aerial:
3: Turtle

Lol, ain't I a stinker?

Oil Panic!
Mr. Escalator is offline Report Post Mewtwo Reply With Quote

indeed, you are a stinker. Thank you very much. good assumptions

and Mr. Justkindaboredukno thanks for liking my name.

gameandwatchmewin

Smash Cadet
Mario is low tier and he's kicken ***. I haven't looked at the new one yet.
anyways

this goes out to the veterans. My compatition name( the name i'm trying to get famous) is Publix or Publx should i change my smashboards name to that. nm dumb question. i'm gunna. (Publix is a southern grocery store known for its customer service, like piggly wiggly's, but with a name that says "i'm not and never will be coming out of a closet".

P.s. i bet i own this page now.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
No, I own this page. Don't double post and stop spamming.

Thanks.

Top Bottom