• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer. *Take 2*

Reapd

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys. I have a question pertaining to selection of mains....... I am not asking you to choose for me, but I would like to know what characters you would recommend for a VERY offensive play-style. Thanks.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Hoping to have this answered my 2morrow.
How do you pronounce Sakurai's name?
I pronounce is Sock-you-rye.

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
^ I've heard his name pronounce by Sakurai himself, and I think I remember him saying "Sock-or-rye."

You were close. But maybe you can get a more precise answer from somebody else...

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Hey guys. I have a question pertaining to selection of mains....... I am not asking you to choose for me, but I would like to know what characters you would recommend for a VERY offensive play-style. Thanks.
lol MK

Seriously though.

MK

If you want to be more specific with your tastes I'd be glad to help.

Sock oo rye

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
Is it possible to change your settings so that it is set to stock as soon as I turn the game on?

Can I change the language to japanese without changing the language of the whole wii (other games)?
The only way to change it to Japanese would be to get a Japanese copy then use Homebrew to play it without your Wii's region getting in the way or buying a Japanese Wii which is a waste. I don't know why you'd want the Japanese voices, they're incredibly annoying.

CommanderCody08

Smash Apprentice
Do moves only get stale when they hit the opponent or do they stale even when they're being used as a taunt between the opponent's lives (used into empty space)?

Does the staleness of your moves reset when you die?

Proverbs

Smash Lord
This is the only place with this type of Q&A forum for general questions, but it's completely unrelated to Brawl:

Is there any way to change my title now that the premium member option has been taken away?

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Do moves only get stale when they hit the opponent or do they stale even when they're being used as a taunt between the opponent's lives (used into empty space)?

Does the staleness of your moves reset when you die?
Moves only stale when they hit some sort of hitbox, such as an opponent or stage objects like the pillars on Luigi's Mansion. The wouldn't stale just by "taunting" with them.

Your moveset resets when you respawn. Alliteration FTW.

Is there any way to change my title now that the premium member option has been taken away?
I believe you would have to ask a mod.

Quick Question, is there somplace that discusses the best sticker combosor anything like that?
I can't think of any threads that have discussed that. Try searching, or maybe make a thread, in here: http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=183

I'd imagine most of the high tiers would fit that description.

Marth, Snake, Falco, Game and & Watch. But I'm sure there's some lower tier characters I'm missing.

Dont.Forget.To.Smile

Smash Rookie
Is it possible to edit a player name entry data in single player once it's made? I just figured out today that its not necessary to use all CAPS for my name, and since I've already gotten 2k KOs on my name I don't want to just start a new one. I can't find any place on the menu that lets me change it though.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
Is it possible to edit a player name entry data in single player once it's made? I just figured out today that its not necessary to use all CAPS for my name, and since I've already gotten 2k KOs on my name I don't want to just start a new one. I can't find any place on the menu that lets me change it though.
No, you cannot edit your name entry. Unfortunately, you must create a new one in the 'names' section.

I would love to have this thread re-stickied, or stickied in the Meet & Greet section.

CommanderCody08

Smash Apprentice
I don't really get the way tournaments are organized what with "loser's finals," "winner's finals" and "grand finals."
Is the grands finals the winner of winner's finals vs. the winner of losers finals? and if so, is it considered better than plain old winner's finals?
Is the order of placing in a tourney like this:
1st - Grand finals winner
2nd - Grand finals loser
3rd - Winners final loser
4th - loser's loser

Mattmiston

Smash Apprentice
If in a tournament, or whatever SBR rules, can someone tell me what happens in this scenario?:

Last stock, two players are in mid-air or whatever and hit eachother. They both go flying in different directions and they both die, but one die firsts. The one that dies first is sent into the really long dying animation (like spinning and turning into a star), and then the other guy dies a second after the animation starts, but is immediately killed. Does the animation count as already dead?

Who actually wins? I can try to explain better if that was confusing...

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I would love to have this thread stickied in the Meet & Greet section.
I would heavily agree to this.

Who actually wins? I can try to explain better if that was confusing...
The person being "star KOed" is what you call lucky. He wins for dying second.

Usually, just follow what the results screen says. Smash rules really aren't to complicated.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
I don't really get the way tournaments are organized what with "loser's finals," "winner's finals" and "grand finals."
Is the grands finals the winner of winner's finals vs. the winner of losers finals? and if so, is it considered better than plain old winner's finals?
2nd - Grand finals loser
4th - loser's loser
If the losers of the semifinals (3 &4) would not face each other in another round, then yes. If they did, the winner would be crowned 3rd place, and the loser of the exibition match would place 4th.

CommanderCody08

Smash Apprentice
How do you get that multiquote button to work? I assume thats how you quote parts of people's message seperately or quote multiple people but I can't figure out how to use it.

One more question: In stage builder is it possible to make the thin type of platforms that you can fall through? (like the ones on Battlefield) I couldn't find them but I geuss I didn't look very hard.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
How do you get that multiquote button to work? I assume thats how you quote parts of people's message seperately or quote multiple people but I can't figure out how to use it.
Just press the multi-quote button on all the posts you want to quote and then press "Add Reply" at the bottom of the posts.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
2nd - Grand finals loser
4th - loser's loser
1st and second are correct. but third and fourth are wrong. Because of the double elimination style of tourney. you need to lose twice to be out of the tourney so when winners finals comes up, neither person has lost, and the person who loses that match is automatically placed in losers finals. All teh people in the losers bracket fight seperately and than losers semi finals is played and the winner of that plays the person who lost winners finals, and that makes up losers finals. And the winner of those two goes to play the person who won winners finals in grand finals. So the ranking looks like this.

1st. Grand finals winner
2nd. Grand finals loser.
3rd. Losers finals loser.
4th. Losers semi finals loser.
starting with 5th place and beyond, multiple people begin to be tied for those placings.

One more question: In stage builder is it possible to make the thin type of platforms that you can fall through? (like the ones on Battlefield) I couldn't find them but I geuss I didn't look very hard.
question 1. i hit the multiquote button on every post that i want and than hit the quote button on teh last post im quoting.
question 2. im not sure, but theres some else that knows, im sure of it.

hey this is such a n00b question but how do you add the little character icons in your sig?

like with your Mains,secondaries
you just type the word "Mains" and than under/next to that, you type the character you want with a colon on both sides.
so colonlucariocolon becomes :lucario:
and : dedede : with out the spaces becomes :dedede:
this site also has the feature to do that with the first 100 pokemon (why not 150? i dont know.)

so for example, haunter is number 93. but for some reason you have to put the pokemon number in a 3 digit format.

so colon093colon becomes

:093:

also, my own personal question.

How do I change my username?

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
You can't change your username.

Does Brawl+ work online only if one person has the hacks (online) or does it take both players?

coldsoresomg

Smash Rookie
Dropping hammers?

is there a way to drop either of the two hammers after picking them up?

it would be really helpful.

thanks,

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Does Brawl+ work online only if one person has the hacks (online) or does it take both players?
Both players must have Brawl+ and the exact same codeset or you will desynch.

is there a way to drop either of the two hammers after picking them up?

it would be really helpful.

thanks,
Press grab. I've seen computers do this.

Hit the multiquote buttons under each post you want to quote before you hit Add Reply. You can't do this with Post Quick Reply or Go Advanced. It has to be the Add Reply button.

Orange_Soda_Man

Smash Ace
I've noticed that there's more music in brawl than you can get via the sandback/items on high/box with rolling pieces trick; most notably, I don't have KK Western and on another save file a friend has it. I am gonna assume that if you play on smashville on Saturday nights while KK is playing, you'll get whatever song he's playing.

Right?

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
I don't get what's the Frama data about.. Help anyone?
Frames is what video games (like Brawl) are in. 1 frame is 1/60th of a second in Brawl which runs as 60 fps. Frame data is used to measure the timing or moves or other actions in Brawl.

If you haven't noticed, I put it as Brawl specific.

Top Bottom