• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer. *Take 2*

CommanderCody08

Smash Apprentice
What is tethering... Is it when you grab on ledge with rope or something?
Yeah examples are Zamus's Up-b, over-b, Olimar & Ivysaur's up-B, Link's Zair ect

There is also something with a D that I do not remember what it is called... Help me out XD?
DI - directional influence

My question from before that nobody answered:

On stage builder can you make thin, static platforms that you can drop through (Battlefield type). I can't find them but it seems like they should definetely exist.

Zandr

Smash Rookie
Does anyone have a link to a vid where Ike meteor smashes with eruption? I think it can only be done in air.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Does anyone have a link to a vid where Ike meteor smashes with eruption? I think it can only be done in air.
I can't answer this 100%, but I've never heard of a meteor smash with eruption...I looked on Youtube and didn't find anything. Maybe if you went to the Ike Q&A thread you could find your answer.

How do good tournament players practice? Split screen 1 v 1 only?

Edit: made question simple
Mostly friendlies. A lot of knowledge and experimentation comes from friendlies, such as testing out if a move cancels a certain move, etc. Although this isn't the only way, quite a bit of experiance comes from that or tournament matches, since that's pretty much where all you've learned is tested.

Splice

Smash Hero
I only just got Wi-Fi on my Wii, and I want to know if when you add friend codes to your roster, does it cost more to play people from another country than to play someone from where you live?
It does cost money right? Internet money... ? yeah someone help me out coz i have no Idea.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Would you say there are any truly *cheap tactics in the game?

*as in abusing the system in a way that has no way of player influence, like getting some kind of infinate in (the argument "dont get [x'ed]!" could be used, but the same could be said for the abuser as "try to do [x]!")

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I only just got Wi-Fi on my Wii, and I want to know if when you add friend codes to your roster, does it cost more to play people from another country than to play someone from where you live?
It does cost money right? Internet money... ? yeah someone help me out coz i have no Idea.
It's free! ... but it kinda sucks. Try to stick to playing people in your general region for the least amount of lag between you.

Would you say there are any truly *cheap tactics in the game?

*as in abusing the system in a way that has no way of player influence, like getting some kind of infinate in (the argument "dont get [x'ed]!" could be used, but the same could be said for the abuser as "try to do [x]!")
The only thing I can think of is the MetaKnight Infinite Cape thing. Everything else is just scrub-talk. Yes, don't get grabbed or more commonly: pick a character that doesn't get grabbed.

Splice

Smash Hero
YAY!! its free! Thank you MenoUnderwater. However your answer raises another question; Is there a thread or something for finding people to Brawl with in say, Australia? I tried Friend Finder but that wont work for some reason :( .

And for cheap tactics, DeDeDe can Infinite Chaingrab DK. theres a tonne of cheap tactics, I hope in the next Smash Bros They can fix it all up somehow...

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
YAY!! its free! Thank you MenoUnderwater. However your answer raises another question; Is there a thread or something for finding people to Brawl with in say, Australia? I tried Friend Finder but that wont work for some reason :( .

And for cheap tactics, DeDeDe can Infinite Chaingrab DK. theres a tonne of cheap tactics, I hope in the next Smash Bros They can fix it all up somehow...

Yep it's in Tourniment Listings under Regional Zones but here's the link.
Enjoy. And yes D3 can also chain a few others and falco can chain and there's such a thing as Chain choking, which is Effing fantastical. Every char ( Cept Ike) has special techniques that allow them to be cheap. Ice Climbers can continually grab and can go from grabbing you to killing you and you can't do anything if done properly. Hers a vid Ice Climbers Vid ( poor quality but gives you the point)

Australia Forum
Click the silver things.

Splice

Smash Hero
OK thanks a bunch to MenoUnderwater and Cherry64!!!
Thanks you guys!

(hehehe I like this thread)

JOE!

Smash Hero
Yes, don't get grabbed or more commonly: pick a character that doesn't get grabbed.
Theres a character thats grab proof?!?!?!

look, even if its your strategy not to get grabbed, what do you think the strategy is for the other guy? (begins with a Gra and ends in a ou)

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Theres a character thats grab proof?!?!?!

look, even if its your strategy not to get grabbed, what do you think the strategy is for the other guy? (begins with a Gra and ends in a ou)
There's this one character that causes you to release and take damage if you grab him. I would call Popo grab proof.

Anyways - it's much better to tell you not to get grabbed then tell the other guy he can't grab you.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
But Meno you of all people know that it's far to easy to grab in Brawl. it's like the only good attack that every char has.

Geist

Smash Master
I have a question that's been bugging me.
Why don't more people utilize powershielding? It's not hard, it's lag proof, and you can punish anyone for it anytime.

Especially against Falco. Any good player should be able to consistantly powershield lasers upward of 90% accuracy.

ndayday

BRoomer
I thought everyone did it, but I guess I'm wrong...it's really good to get it down, and the best part is it's so darn easy. With Falco all you do is walk, and powersheild any lasers coming at you. It's the best thing ever...and the fact that you have no lag is just awesome.

So I guess the answer would be that people don't realize how darn easy and useful it is.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
I powersheild. It's a must do if your a smaus main. her roll is slow and lacks good invicibility frames.

No idea what the duck thing was all about...

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
is it possible to buffer a duck (aka down) while dashing to instantly stop running?
nope :( 99% sure it is not, but there is always that 1 percent.
With Pit I use UpB right above the ground then dair to stop in place. it cancels out queit a bit of projectiles too.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
This question is for those who have posted their own Brawl videos on Youtube, etc...

What equipment and procedures do I need/have to go through to put my replays on Youtube?

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
It hasn't degenerated to that, it's just someone who has nothing better to do with there life but troll a help thread.

Anybody with a real question or one that was missed perhaps?

Wiimote

Smash Cadet
Regarding Brawl Replay BIN files, is there a computer application or an HBC Code that will allow you to edit minor aspects of an SSBB replay that won't affect the outcome of the match, such as a character's costume or the music?

Conker315

Smash Lord
Yes there are.I really would recommend going to Allisbrawl.com for these type of things.They have many online tournaments, and have chat rooms were you can play friendlies, or join a ladder and rank in their site.Top 3 get prizes also I believe..

ndayday

BRoomer
Question: What is the best way to combat spamming?
Depends on the kind of spam being directed towards you. If it is something like Falco's lasers, SHAD or sliding shield them. If they are spamming attacks, then punish. If they're spamming Tornado, john.

Regarding Brawl Replay BIN files, is there a computer application or an HBC Code that will allow you to edit minor aspects of an SSBB replay that won't affect the outcome of the match, such as a character's costume or the music?
I have never heard of that, and doubt that it would be created.

How do you Dash Pivot Grab?
Dash, pivot, hold forward a little bit after the pivot and grab. You can do the same with Fsmashes and tilts.

Are there any online tournaments that I can enter from home?
There are some on here, but if online is the way you want to go, AiB is amazing for that.

Top Bottom