• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer. *Take 2*

Tachyon

Smash Cadet
Cedar Hill, Texas and Hawkins, Texas (college)
Soo...I got a question about Smash DI

Now Smash DI is where you use a smash attack, usually with the C-stick or psuedo c-stick if you have wii-mote+nunchuk, to instantly have your character fly with more influence in the direction you input correct? Ok..Does Smash DI still work if you use the control-stick+A button to influence your direction of flight. Or do you have use the c-stick/psuedo c-stick?

Ok. Now the other part of this is the whole aerial momentum cancelling using the characters fastest aerials. Now what if the characters fastest aerials is their bair? Wouldn't they have to DI backwards, thus leading to a faster death off screen, to use their bair fast enough?

kr3wman

Smash Master
1. You can't really use a smash attack while in hitstun. You're using the hit frames to change your trajectory angle by a little bit using DI, and Smash DI is using that to get out of multihit attacks like Snake's Nair or whatever.

You can use both I guess, Double stick DI.

2. After being hit DI doesn't make a difference no? Or just use the C-stick like you would for retreating fair or advancing Bairs...

Running bairs... bears...

No C-stick running bears...

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Soo...I got a question about Smash DI

Now Smash DI is where you use a smash attack, usually with the C-stick or psuedo c-stick if you have wii-mote+nunchuk, to instantly have your character fly with more influence in the direction you input correct? Ok..Does Smash DI still work if you use the control-stick+A button to influence your direction of flight. Or do you have use the c-stick/psuedo c-stick?

Ok. Now the other part of this is the whole aerial momentum cancelling using the characters fastest aerials. Now what if the characters fastest aerials is their bair? Wouldn't they have to DI backwards, thus leading to a faster death off screen, to use their bair fast enough?
Smash DI is actually using either the control stick or the C-stick to 'teleport' in the inputted direction during hitlag. You can use both at the same time to get better SDI I believe though. Knowing this, you can see that by using the A+control stick function, you would probably still SDI in the given direction, and afterwards you would do the attack. This wouldn't happen unless you were using the method in which you just smash one direction as fast you can--most people usually do the QCDI method, in which you twist the control stick a quarter way in the direction you want to DI in, giving you 2-3 inputs for that direction in the cycle. (Pressing A wouldn't even help you, as it is not read while in hitstun)

For the second part, no. This would only happen if you did your bair and HELD down the control stick in the backwards direction. When you do the bair momentum cancel, you just do the aerial and let go of the control stick, letting it go back to it's nuetral position. This can be seen in the example of using Falco's dair to spike someone offstage. Many people when first trying to spike with Falco jump off the stage, dair the opponent, and continue to hold down the control stick after the move is executed. This makes them fall way under the stage, usually not recovering. Instead, the Falco should jump, dair, and LET GO of the control stick, letting it go back to it's nuetral position so he doesn't fastfall down. Apply that to the bair situation. Sorry for writing a lot. :laugh:

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
SHAD'ing Falco's lasers is bad, he'll just hit you with a gatling combo or more lasers.
Just Perfect Shield projectile spam.

If it's someone like MK spamming Nado, just shield it and try to punish out of shield, or ledge camp.

If it's another move, just stay away until they're open, and then hit them when they're vulnerable.

Scaphist

Smash Apprentice
Two quick questions:

Is it possible to tech a footstool(I'm thinking no I just need it clarified)?

Is ukemi just another word for tech?

Thanks in advance.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Does a disjointed hitbox means it hits before/after the moves animation or does disjointed mean it hits outside of where you'd think the hitbox would be (like Snakes U-tilt hits way outside snake himself) that has always confused me and I've got mixed answers

Knyaguy

Smash Lord
Does a disjointed hitbox means it hits before/after the moves animation or does disjointed mean it hits outside of where you'd think the hitbox would be (like Snakes U-tilt hits way outside snake himself) that has always confused me and I've got mixed answers
The latter.
Edit: w00t I won the posting race.

ndayday

BRoomer
A disjointed hitbox is not connected to the character/object with the hitbox.

For example, Snake's Utilt. At first glance, one may conclude that the hitbox is only on the leg and the tip of the foot, but rather the hitbox is disjointed and hurts the opponent outside of the body of Snake. Usually attacks involving swords are disjointed too. (Marth)

EDIT: Gahhhhh.
EDIT 2: :mad:

ndayday

BRoomer
Since a while ago, and I think it was because it was pretty much dead. A lot more people ask in the one in the Tactical board, IMO.

You could ask Panda if you wanted to really know though.

ndayday

BRoomer
He means DACUS/snake boosting/whatever without hitting the opponent as a mean of canceling the dash.

It's the same concept as hitting an opponent with a hitting rolling attack, only the timing is much more precise. For Snake, you dash and input an usmash during the time he grunts. There are various methods to do the usmash to get the timing down right, such as smashing up on the C-stick, Z+up, and even dashing, then smashing down on the C-stick followed by smashing up. The timing for certain characters can be really tough and DOES take some practice. You can look at the character specific boards to see recommended strageties/inputs when using the slide.

Hope that helped.

thekingsdinner666

Smash Apprentice
He means DACUS/snake boosting/whatever without hitting the opponent as a mean of canceling the dash.

It's the same concept as hitting an opponent with a hitting rolling attack, only the timing is much more precise. For Snake, you dash and input an usmash during the time he grunts. There are various methods to do the usmash to get the timing down right, such as smashing up on the C-stick, Z+up, and even dashing, then smashing down on the C-stick followed by smashing up. The timing for certain characters can be really tough and DOES take some practice. You can look at the character specific boards to see recommended strageties/inputs when using the slide.

Hope that helped.
Well...
Actually for everyone who can Dash Attack Cancel all you have to do is dash, hit down on the C-Stick, and the do an Up Z. Nearly impossible any other way.

ndayday

BRoomer
I probably should have mentioned that, however I was giving him a general description. :) That is one of the easier ways though, and you probably should start trying that method. Chances are you'll stick to it and keep using it, especially with Snake.

Thanks for pointing that out dinner.

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
thanks, that helped a lot
now i can say ive done it
but i havnt mastered it yet

loki15

Smash Cadet
Does anyone know of any non-character specific doubles discussions for brawl?

Top Bottom