• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

Denzi

Smash Master
I have a question.

Where have Denzi/Japu/Pure Awesome/Ozz/Vlade been? :mad: You guys better have found something super sexy for having not posted in days.

Umm... Well... stuff.

Part of it is that you guys are getting better at answering these qusestions so that we don't have to as much, and the other part (at least for me) is that the end of the school year is coming up and I have been very busy lately.

I'm under the same problem of being busy, but not that tennis is over with, I now have 3 more hours of the day to myself xD

yeah well I wouldn't know seeing as you(you as in you falco BR-ers) kicked me out of it. XD
Tommy was gaining too much influence in the backroom and other falco back roomers found you a threat ;)

superglucose

Smash Apprentice
In short: no.

What am I supposed to do vs Marth? I played RedJ yesterday and when he stopped ****ing around (at least I hope he was ****ing around the first game) he three stocked me with no problems at all. I get that I need to avoid being grabbed, but any ideas on how I can do that for a whole match?

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
In short: no.

What am I supposed to do vs Marth? I played RedJ yesterday and when he stopped ****ing around (at least I hope he was ****ing around the first game) he three stocked me with no problems at all. I get that I need to avoid being grabbed, but any ideas on how I can do that for a whole match?
Many SHL's, mix it up with phantasm on DIFFERENT DISTANCES, else he will predict it.

if he screws his SHfair spacing up you can shieldgrab him and CG then try to predict his upB.

It's sort of weird facing Marth. We can either kill marth or be killed.

Falco will control the whole stage with lasers up to the point of about a marth roll distance away from falco. Once a little closer than that marth can space us so that lasers would be stupid idea to use as he is too close. But also that falco cannot attack with anything against marth because he sword point is too long. But once you get a little past tipping range on the sword, marth is close enough for us to really mess him up as we have good OoS options to mess up the lag on sword attacks that we shield or dodge.

I deal with marth in that I space and hang around those zones that falco will excel in aganinst marth. Lasers on approach and into attacks, phantasm to reset. OoS options are really the only way I get any other mode of damage in. Plus, normal edgeguarding and stuff like that.

Cross.

Smash Ace
I play a marth alot so I know how it is. If you sheild a well spaced fair you can punish him with IAP out of sheild. He can't really do much against lasers if hes far so you can try to pressure him with that and punish his approach as he tries to get through the lasers. One thing you have to be wary of is that Up B. He will Up B you through almost anything. Your Jab combo, Jab->Grab, and especially if you hit his shield. Overall its pretty gay and pretty much like a game of tag against marth. Not my favorite match up at all.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
It's hard.

I Single Laser into a Ground Laser. Becuase Marth can Full hop over our double laser. (If he AD's we can IAP or Dash Attack for a punish, the ground laser screws up there timing and judgment in when to block).

Up close just Up-tilt and Throw. Try staying directly below Marth they will waste there jump or try to scare you away with a attack.(Don't be Marth cannot properly avoid punishment without his 2nd jump or a good frame trap[OoS will greatly help here, I whore Bair simply because it is a guarantee punish. Trying Dair is risky, getting perfect shielded by a Marth is bad]).

Phantasm knowing you will land more than a Dash away from Marth because he can usually cover that distance from a shield.

I also like poping Marth into the air. Dash away then back into him. This scares everyone.

PS: I'm still mad I missed my opportunity of knocking ADHD to losers yesterday...

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Uptilt works wonders against Marth. IAP is really good, and you should grab way more than jab because he can just Up-B out of your jab.

Denzi

Smash Master
Uptilt works wonders against Marth. IAP is really good, and you should grab way more than jab because he can just Up-B out of your jab.

^This. Jabbing is dangerous, but you still need to be close to Marth to win, so it's tough because part of our CQC game has to be cut out.

Didn't look to see if anyone has said this, but watch out for Marth's 0%-death.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
I like how when focusing on Top/High tier characters, we forget about Low/Mid tiers. And outta' no where, they end up ****** us :)

Any suggestions on playing Link? Not that hard of a matchup as lasers basically wins you the match imo, just like to see what others users would say.

Jon?

Smash Champion
Sorry to be a nub, but what does IAP stand for? I can't recall what it was an acronym for.

Emperor Time

Smash Lord
Instant Ariel Phantasm. Jumpin' and then phantasming as quickly as possible cuts the lag and blah,blah,blah.

Kuro is so right. I end up losing to mid-tier b/c I've been meatriding on mk/snake/wario all the time.

Link is more dangerous than most people think. I think it's important to limit his projectile game and be wary of moves like Dair, Nair, and Zair. Everything else is grab,pew,pew, rinse repeat.

JCav

Smash Lord
hello i have a question and i hope i can get an answer.

i come from the wolf boards but i consider falco as a character i play very often and even in tournaments

anyways, for wolf i recently tested every move to use to DI when hit vertically and horizontally and i got some results that i did not expect

so my question to use is, when you get hit by a move with a vertical trajectory, which move do you use?
and when you get hit by a move with a horizontal trajectory, which move do you use?

Jon?

Smash Champion
hello i have a question and i hope i can get an answer.

i come from the wolf boards but i consider falco as a character i play very often and even in tournaments

anyways, for wolf i recently tested every move to use to DI when hit vertically and horizontally and i got some results that i did not expect

so my question to use is, when you get hit by a move with a vertical trajectory, which move do you use?
and when you get hit by a move with a horizontal trajectory, which move do you use?
Usually Bair is used.

JCav

Smash Lord
Go look at frame data, use your fastest move.
well heres what i found (should have posted before, sorry about that) but i did frame data on wolf too and his aerial with the least amount of total frames is Back Air.

however, when hit horizontally Nair is the better option. Nair also has a hitbox that comes out on frame 2. but this doesnt make sense because i didnt think hitboxes applied in the air.

also with wolf, when hit vertically, down air is the best option but has no visible momentum properties.

the last thing ill note is that nair can save wolf 2% and dair 1% for the directions i mentioned earlier

I like how when focusing on Top/High tier characters, we forget about Low/Mid tiers. And outta' no where, they end up ****** us :)

Any suggestions on playing Link? Not that hard of a matchup as lasers basically wins you the match imo, just like to see what others users would say.
I play a good link on a regular basis :) It's online though, but I still know the ways of the link.

In essence, falco has the advantage. Better spacing tools and all. The tricky thing is that if your not used to fighting a really good link, be prepared to see a few things you wouldn't normally see. Once you have the match up figured out, then fighting link is easy. For me though, powershielding is impared because of the wifi lag. So zair and boomerang take a larger toll.

Vlade

Social Outcast

I think Luigi and Jigglypuff can do decently against falco as lower tier characters, particularly if you play too aggressively.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
If you play against a good Link, they can make the matchup really, really hard. It's not as slighted towards Falco as you might think if the link knows to self damage or bomb hold to avoid the initial chain grab.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
DEHF doesn't jab cancel. Is it not guarenteed?
It's slightly not guaranteed. If it's Marth or MK, they can up B you. Most characters can get out at low percents by spamming the jab button and at high percents by using a fast neutral when getting popped into the air.

However, I still use it regardless of it not being guaranteed. If they do spam and end up getting out of it, then I know they're either too aggressive or they like to attack when they think you're going to get close. It teaches me to shield grab more or to bait attacks more and I only take about 7 percent to learn it.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
It's slightly not guaranteed. If it's Marth or MK, they can up B you. Most characters can get out at low percents by spamming the jab button and at high percents by using a fast neutral when getting popped into the air.

However, I still use it regardless of it not being guaranteed. If they do spam and end up getting out of it, then I know they're either too aggressive or they like to attack when they think you're going to get close. It teaches me to shield grab more or to bait attacks more and I only take about 7 percent to learn it.
Ah, that's something I gotta get into my game.

I really gotta work on my scanning the opponent, I'm starting to get better at it though :)

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
So why isn't that information noted in the chaingrab thread? Don't take any offense, I don't question your knowledge, I'm just curious.

Thanks for the help.
It's not erroneous as much as it is incomplete, like many of the things on the Falco boards (*coughmatchup/zoningdiscussionscough*) .

We has weak boards.

*marthboardsaresoooorganizedit'snotevenfunny*
Falco is just underused, thus not much attention is put this way. Also, others are really busy. Snake Boards are pretty much run by a couple of people. If we really wanted to organize this place we probably could appoint postions like in a store :laugh:

Ozz: He will be CEO for he spends all his times these days in the Falco BackRooms doing who know what, but yet still seeming to be very important.

Vlade: He'll be president for being Australian, australians are just cool that way. (I bet that is how he got Modship for being Australian :))

Pure: Incharge of advertising falco and finding more ways for falco to be flashy.

J4pu: Given the title of law enforcement. He cracks down on making sure everyone gets the facts right. (If anyone sees him tell him this from me :D)

Denzi/BladeTeran17: They can be supervisors. They are important to the public falco boards as they keep things running smoothly and providing us with some direction in making sure the grassroots don't die.

DEHF/SK92/etc.: They will be incharge of going out into the world and making sure Falco is given a name and represent us.

Everyone Else: Falco boards don't exist without us to give life to posts that sustain the falco boards.

To anyone else I didn't mention by name, it's not that you aren't important, it is just that I don't know you all that well. ;)

Top Bottom